BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham (h) - 18/12/21

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Absolutely gutted I missed it, been walking around the house kicking a dog a don’t have……

We’ll done to the players, the fans and most importantly to the manager who is making this happen.

Onwards and upwards. 

Totally understandable, but a shame you didn't get there. You missed a treat.

This team deserves full houses.....bloody Covid!

47 minutes ago, DE. said:

Southampton didn't sack him until January though. I'm not sure any promoted team has ever sacked their manager before the new season started?

Imagine TM gets us promoted and they don't renew his contract. I'd be pissed if I were him, should that happen.

15 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If we were in the top 2 and they sold Brereton in January it would decimate season ticket sales even further for years.

I'm beginning to think we shouldn't sign anyone for the 1st 11 in Jan. Perhaps strengthen the bench? But if they do sell any of the starting players, I will be very annoyed.

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Imagine TM gets us promoted and they don't renew his contract. I'd be pissed if I were him, should that happen.

It would be such a Venky moment. TM finally comes good and they decide to let his contract expire.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Absolutely elated with that today.

Whatever we are doing, it’s working and it’s working very well. Everything seems to be falling into place and I’d fancy us against anyone in the league right now.

I wouldn’t like to say how we will fare come the end of the season, but, we’re doing well at the moment, so I’m just enjoying the here and now!

It’s rare that I’m able to be so sure about Rovers, but we’re smashing it at the minute and long may that continue!

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

And so it falls on the fans to show what the club means to reinforce the position this team finds itself in

They already are doing, gates are up.

Will the owners show the ambition the fans deserve and support the club to get us back to where they found us? 

We are about to find out.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

I'm beginning to think we shouldn't sign anyone for the 1st 11 in Jan. Perhaps strengthen the bench? But if they do sell any of the starting players, I will be very annoyed.

I’m starting to think I’d be happy just to keep the lads we have. Maybe if we could loan in another “ Berkovic “ style signing. If we do whoever it is will have to be prepared to work as hard as the rest of the team.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Thankfully I was negative as was Mrs CB so was able to witness an excellent display with a fifth clean sheet on the trot, Third in the table after 23 games .... its true we are. An exciting performance that deserved a full house but understandable many made the sensible decision not to go.

It was a strange feeling arriving at Ewood about 130pm. Not many around on Nuttall Street as I caught backend of a conversation about comments on this board so I headed off down Bolton Road to kill time just as a sixth Birmingham coach was off loading. Big screen at the BBE fans zone was showing Brough v Bournemouth. What ever has happened to Bournemouth?? Long may it continue.

The way Rovers team gel is outstanding and if we continue then playoffs at least will be the reward. 

34 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Massive credit to Tony Mowbray and his staff. He always tried to play decent attractive football and admit it or not he has done a great job and should be acknowledged. 

I actually like the fact this season we will launch it long and into the channels and mix it up a bit. The last few seasons have seen passes for the sake of keeping hold of the ball which looked good on the stats but was boring and got us nowhere.

Now that the defence is more solid we will risk going longer and losing the ball more like we did in the league one days. Not that we aren't a good footballing side and don't play some good stuff - Buckley and Rothwell have been excellent in the opponent's half.of the pitch - but we have a second string to our bow.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

What's great about this team is you can see how it's a real conundrum for opposition managers to figure out how to get any change out of us....

Play it in the air - our three massive CBs will hoover everything up

Play it in the channels - Lenihan or Wharton will sweep it up in partnership with the wing backs.

Try to possess the ball - our front three will close you down relentlessly till you make a mistake

Play a high line - Khadra and Breretons pace will get in behind

Sit deep - Buckley and Rothwell will pass through you

Usually there's at least a couple of obvious ways to hurt us. But I really struggle to see what options the other teams have at the moment.

Totally agree with this. There are no weak links in this current system/line up and everyone is working hard for each other . Long may it last!