BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

49 minutes ago, J*B said:

Based on what I’ve seen, our six-fingered neighbours are doing the classic ‘recently relegated but too good for this league’ approach. They will have some success and look great against some teams, but generally this approach won’t work over the course of a season. They need some experienced heads and battlers ASAP. 

Ironically there’s a chance that approach would have worked in the Prem with a decent funding commitment. They needed Kompany then and need Dyche now. 

You’ve got to be really, really good to football your way out of this league. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’ve got to be really, really good to football your way out of this league. 

Yeah in recent seasons it's really only Fulham and Norwich who have got promoted through pretty footy.

But both of those team has sensational strikers (Mitrovic and Puki) who scored shed loads of goals. Burnley have not got one of those.

And of course once Norwich and Fulham got promoted and tried to play total football in the Prem they got absolutely mullered which makes you wonder why even try to get promoted like that if you know you can't keep the same system once your up?

Brentfords practical flexible approach is much smarter imo. Or Burnley under Dych.

Glad to see JDT already showing he likes to mix it up.

• Like 1

Caught the last 20 mins of the Dingle game last night. They'd improved slightly before the red and then showed a bit more impetus post-red card. Watford looked really ragged, I know they had a man less but some of the marking was desperate. Based on what I saw and heard from others, nothing really to fear from either side. That being said, Burnley look a striker (and maybe a bit of pragmatism) away from being a decent side. Like many have said, you don't see many teams get out of this league playing that sort of football exclusively, so they'll have to mix it up a bit to succeed. 

They have 2 winnable home games now I believe, will be interesting to see how they get on as I'd imagine both away sides will line up with men behind the ball. 

As much as I want Burnley to fail, don't want to read too much into early performances - the manager and team probably need a bit of time to settle, but it is an unforgiving league. Glad they've had a small wake up call after seeing a minority of Dingles declare themselves title shoe-ins after the Huddersfield game 😂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah in recent seasons it's really only Fulham and Norwich who have got promoted through pretty footy.

But both of those team has sensational strikers (Mitrovic and Puki) who scored shed loads of goals. Burnley have not got one of those.

And of course once Norwich and Fulham got promoted and tried to play total football in the Prem they got absolutely mullered which makes you wonder why even try to get promoted like that if you know you can't keep the same system once your up?

Brentfords practical flexible approach is much smarter imo. Or Burnley under Dych.

Glad to see JDT already showing he likes to mix it up.

I thought TM 's possession football experiment a while ago was a waste of time.

As if prompted it would need ripping up , couldn't out possess most Prem teams 

3 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

15 between them maybe, but I agree 100% with the thrust of your argument !

Would it be a little premature of me to respectfully suggest that you might want to think about changing your username?

Enviousclaret perhaps? 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I prefer to wait whilst next May before I start doing cartwheels. There’s a long, long way to go yet. One thing age has taught me “  Nothing is forever in football, as in life “, look at the current state of the Red Rats for evidence of that.

I must say that has been absolutely marvellous to see. Long may it continue. 

• Like 2