BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

17 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Burnley have turned their backs on what made them competitive and that betrayal is why they will sink without a trace this year

Dyche had them playing with pragmatism. Sacrificing flowing, passing football for a style that won points and ensured the Prem cash kept rolling in

In come the Americans and pragmatism is thrown out of the window. They want entertainment and a "brand". They haven't signed players good enough to do that and imo have tried to do it too quickly. Brighton play some real good football now, but when they first came up it was survival first, performance second

They have the backing of some American business men but even this whole JJ Watt thing is just odd. Okay, he's a fairly big sportsman in America, but he's no Lebron James. His net worth is less than $100m so really JJ Watt is poor relative to the Premier League money

I thought Burnley were in trouble when they last got relegated and was proved wrong, or so I thought at the time. But they have splashed the cash this year and got nowhere and off the pitch isn't this Yankee revolution it was sold as. The parachute money is their safety net but if football was as cut throat as competitive sport should be, they could be in real trouble. The system will prop them up for a while but unless they go back to what made them good, then they need to be looking more at Norwich for their future instead of Brighton

Kompany (and co) simply hasn't bought players that are good enough for the PL. 

I saw their goal against Wolves - it's suicidal football to play like that against the sharks of the PL if you don't have supremely talented players. You can get away with mistakes at the back at the Championship level, but the PL is a different beast - did you see how quickly Wolves pounced on the mistake, shifted it twice and slotted it into the back of the net?! 

They've bought 'tweeners' (players that are too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the PL). A team full of Teemu Pukki's, if you will. And for all that money they're still playing Jay Rodriguez upfront - he's never been good enough. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

So it's confirmed ... I shall be joining you all at the Watford game at the invitation of my Rovers supporting friend ... my first visit for a game since 31st May 1988 against Crystal Palace ... 3-1 Rovers ( Howard Gayle 2, Simon Garner 1 ) ...

Where are you going for a drink ?

12 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

So it's confirmed ... I shall be joining you all at the Watford game at the invitation of my Rovers supporting friend ... my first visit for a game since 31st May 1988 against Crystal Palace ... 3-1 Rovers ( Howard Gayle 2, Simon Garner 1 ) ...

Let's hope for a similar result.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I bet you enjoyed your mate Simon's last minute goal 😉 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/richard-keys-vincent-kompany-burnley-31690695

Gray and Keys are quite scathing about Kompany with Keys implying he is using Burnley as an audition for the City job. And although I'm not keen on either of the I have to say I agree with every word.

Well he 's hardly going the right way about it is he?

• Like 3

On 15/12/2023 at 23:11, rigger said:

Where are you going for a drink ?

Not sure, I've volunteered to drive ... I know we're in the Jack Walker upper, and I'm hoping to visit the BBE fan-zone. Do you think I should wear something to identify myself so my " friends " on here can stop by and chat ? I'm thinking a Claret and Blue scarf and my Burnley top-hat .. oh, hang on a minute .. 😁

30 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Not sure, I've volunteered to drive ... I know we're in the Jack Walker upper, and I'm hoping to visit the BBE fan-zone. Do you think I should wear something to identify myself so my " friends " on here can stop by and chat ? I'm thinking a Claret and Blue scarf and my Burnley top-hat .. oh, hang on a minute .. 😁

We’re in there to. I keep an eye open for you. When I first started going some people would watch Burnley one week and Rovers the next. Coming from Rochdale I’ve been the only Rovers fan going on the coach full of opposing fans to Burnley, City, United in the past and never got into any bother. We’ve lost that over the years.

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’re in there to. I keep an eye open for you. When I first started going some people would watch Burnley one week and Rovers the next. Coming from Rochdale I’ve been the only Rovers fan going on the coach full of opposing fans to Burnley, City, United in the past and never got into any bother. We’ve lost that over the years.

6ft 4ins, 19 stone wearing a blue Barbour coat, face that's seen the bottom of a few Rugby rucks ... shouldn't be too hard to spot ! 😉

• Moderation Lead

As much as I’m enjoying them lose regularly, I did find it strange how they basically signed a completely new team for the second successive season.

That ‘keeper looks about 13 and ultimately, I just don’t think they’ve got enough quality in their ranks to compete, really.

3 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

6ft 4ins, 19 stone wearing a blue Barbour coat, face that's seen the bottom of a few Rugby rucks ... shouldn't be too hard to spot ! 😉

Plus the gloves to hide the sixth finger…?

Make sure you pop to the BRFCS stand at the fanzone, I’ll make sure you leave with some blue and white gifts!

22 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

As much as I’m enjoying them lose regularly, I did find it strange how they basically signed a completely new team for the second successive season.

That ‘keeper looks about 13 and ultimately, I just don’t think they’ve got enough quality in their ranks to compete, really.

They did need to strengthen, like Forest the season before they had half a team of key loanees with Harwood-Bellis, Tella, Maatsen and Beyer all potentially going back. They obviously spent some money on Beyer this summer.

The gap is so big between the leagues that if you can, you have to spend as much as you can anyway.

Thankfully, their recruitment this summer has been terrible. Loads of random wingers who havent stepped up, and some of their key players last season that you would expect to continue to be key havent stepped up for various reasons.

Plenty of calls for Kompany to go by all accounts, let’s hope they grow louder by the week. Extra tickets given to Everton last night as the locals didn’t fancy it too.

We are Premiership 😂 

Edited by Gav