BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wigan (a), FA Cup 3rd Round, 8/1/21

13 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Id stick with the 343 but rotate the full team.

Pears 

Lenihan   Ayala.   Carter.

JRC.     Johnson.   Davenport Edun 

Gallagher   Butterworth.   Dolan

Only would keep Lenihan as we don't have another defender to play right CB.

Still a good side imo. Don't think anyone there would let us down.

Ash Phillips ?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

We have a maximum of 1,300 available on the day.  I was in the Club Shop yesterday and the Wigan tickets were flying out and a few 1/2 STs still being sold.

15 mins on the train for me from Preston and straight into the excellent Wigan Central bar.

Same for me, 12:10 from Preston.

14 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Maybe keeping the options open for those that want to leave a decision to until the day. With covid restrictions changing ( 7 days isolation instead of 10 with two neg tests) some wont know until the day whether they can actually go or not. Plus the ultra cautious who just want to know they re negative before buying a ticket and knowing they can  actually attend and not waste money by buying in advance .

Sign of the times ..

But you can do both, surely? 

Say, another 500 at Ewood, leaving another near 1000 at the DW on the day to cover off your example.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But you can do both, surely? 

Say, another 500 at Ewood, leaving another near 1000 at the DW on the day to cover off your example.

No i agree with you Matty was just surmising reasons why thats all. 

In a 'normal' season there would probably no pay on the day.

At least this way they re catering for all fans circumstances. As for numbers maybe less pay on the day especially as its Cash Only (now thats bizarre) which i think will slow things down when you really want to keep congestion to a minmum.

The ‘cash only’ on Saturday is, to put it mildly, bonkers!!

I know Blackburn is well known as a cash economy but I for one never use it.  I have had the same £20 in my wallet for at least 14 months.  We are encouraged to use contactless in all our dealings and this is just weird.

At least Rovers will be getting a share of the ticket sales given this is a cup game. I wonder if that will be paid to Rovers in used £10 notes?

Edited by Bad Boy

.                        Pears

Magloire   Ayala   Carter

JRC                                          Cirino

Johnson   Davenport

Butterworth

Dolan           Gallagher

Eastham

Brown

Phillips

Garrett

Harlock

Brennan

Baker

Take this game out of the reckoning for the first team. Give them a weekend off. They can concentrate on the league.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

I know Blackburn is well known as a cash economy but I for one never use it.  I have had the same £20 in my wallet for at least 14 months.  We are encouraged to use contactless in all our dealings and this is just weird.

At least Rovers will be getting a share of the ticket sales given this is a cup game. I wonder if that will be paid to Rovers in used £10 notes?

It may be that the turnstiles have not got the facilities to take cards ?

Edited by rigger

Mowbray usually makes a sprinkling of changes, so expecting four/five.

Amazing to think the Daniel Ayala (arguably our best player for the first 10 games of the season) hasn't played much recently due to the great form of the back three.

I'd suspect he definitely comes in, Dolan and Gallagher too. Pears for Kaminski also seems an obvious one. With Pickering carrying a knock I'd suspect.

Pears

Nyambe - Lenihan - Ayala - Wharton - Edun

Johnson - Buckley  - Travis

Dolan - Gallagher

Subs - BBD, Khadra, Kaminski, van Hecke, Butterworth, Rothwell, Davenport.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Mowbray usually makes a sprinkling of changes, so expecting four/five.

Amazing to think the Daniel Ayala (arguably our best player for the first 10 games of the season) hasn't played much recently due to the great form of the back three.

I'd suspect he definitely comes in, Dolan and Gallagher too. Pears for Kaminski also seems an obvious one. With Pickering carrying a knock I'd suspect.

Pears

Nyambe - Lenihan - Ayala - Wharton - Edun

Johnson - Buckley  - Travis

Dolan - Gallagher

Subs - BBD, Khadra, Kaminski, van Hecke, Butterworth, Rothwell, Davenport.

I would be happy with that to be honest, maybe swap Travis for Davenport as they are similar win the ball back type midfielders. 

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

.                        Pears

Magloire   Ayala   Carter

JRC                                          Cirino

Johnson   Davenport

Butterworth

Dolan           Gallagher

Eastham

Brown

Phillips

Garrett

Harlock

Brennan

Baker

Take this game out of the reckoning for the first team. Give them a weekend off. They can concentrate on the league.

I get that approach, even if there are one or two more changes than my liking. Even so, Edun starting at left back is a no-brainer. He needs to get more time on the pitch even if Pickering is out for a while. 

I also seriously doubt that we'll see JRC as being able to start, but then again it's a dilemma because nobody else can really slot in there apart from Nyambe, and he is arguably the player who needs protecting the most. I think the best compromises would either be:

i) Play Nyambe from the start but take him off for JRC after an hour, irrespective of how the game's going, or

ii) Play Magloire on the right, and play one of the senior centre backs. Van Hecke in particular hasn't really played that much recently once you factor in his ban, and we don't play for a week anyway, so I don't see that a being a massive issue for him. 

39 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I wouldn't risk a single player from our normal starting eleven, and certainly not Ayala.

In the (astonishing) circumstances we currently find ourselves in, this match matters not one jot.

Shouldnt throw any game, it's not professional. I hope we will still  give it a shot. Play to win

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I wouldn't risk a single player from our normal starting eleven, and certainly not Ayala.

In the (astonishing) circumstances we currently find ourselves in, this match matters not one jot.

It matters to the 3.5k + Rovers fans spending good money to hopefully see their team win.

It should matter to the players to get as far as possible in the competition and to test themselves against better players.

It should matter to the club to progress and hopefully get a money spinning home time.

Ayala should definitely play; he needs match practice to keep his fitness up. The trick is to put out as competitive team as possible to give us a good chance of winning, whilst being cognizant of players who may be needing a rest or carrying knocks, and resting those players who are absolutely key to the league campaign (Brereton/Lenihan et al).

• Like 2

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

It matters to the 3.5k + Rovers fans spending good money to hopefully see their team win.

It should matter to the players to get as far as possible in the competition and to test themselves against better players.

It should matter to the club to progress and hopefully get a money spinning home time.

Ayala should definitely play; he needs match practice to keep his fitness up. The trick is to put out as competitive team as possible to give us a good chance of winning, whilst being cognizant of players who may be needing a rest or carrying knocks, and resting those players who are absolutely key to the league campaign (Brereton/Lenihan et al).

100%. We might now find ourselves in the incredible position of Ayala being our 4th choice centre back, but we'll almost certainly need him at some point before the season's done. Won't do us or him any good if he hasn't played in months. 

3 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

There is no such thing as a Rovers game that doesn't matter.

• Like 1

Pears

Lenihan Ayala Wharton

Nyambe                          Edun

Buckley  Davenport 

Butterworth 

Dolan Gallagher 

Subs:- Kaminski Van Hecke JRC Johnson Rothwell Khadra Brereton 

Out of the three impressive centre backs, I would suggest that Van Hecke should be the least likely to get a rest, he was in and out initially including a 3 game ban, and I feel like as good as he is, he would be missed less than Lenihan who has been superb and is captain and also Wharton who is unique to us. Ayala would also be likely to play in the middle.

I think that Nyambe is one of the players with no serious alternative in the squad and high potential to pick up a muscular injury who could do with a rest, Rothwell has also picked up a few knocks this season and could benefit from a breather.

I think Kaminski is one player who doesn't obviously need resting as a goalkeeper so should play as we try and go as strong as possible to win the game whilst rotating players.

Kaminski

Van Hecke Ayala Wharton

Buckley Johnson Davenport Edun

Butterworth

Gallagher Dolan

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pears

Lenihan Ayala Wharton

Buckley  Davenport 

Butterworth 

Dolan Gallagher 

That’s probably as good as it gets.

6 hours ago, Bad Boy said:

They've always had some cash turnstiles at the DW for pay on the day when some seats remain available.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pears

Lenihan Ayala Wharton

Buckley  Davenport 

Butterworth 

Dolan Gallagher 

Why wouldn't you play Johnson? If there's a game for him surely this is it.