BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

I hope our players aren’t throwing in the towel as quickly as some of our fans have off the back of Bournemouth’s spending spree.

Hopefully all their new signings have the same impact Wegerle, Sherwood and Duncan Shearer did for us in 1992 - fuck all!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Mate if you believe owners don't have a say in transfer dealings at other clubs then you are deluded.

If they felt selling one of our better performers to a direct promotion rival was ridiculous then they are well within their rights to stop the deal going ahead.They own the club and it is their money.

I never said that they don't at other clubs. we can all speculate on that and to be honest as it is other clubs, I care little. I am saying that they shouldn't, they should leave such decisions to people qualified to do so. 

You can use the argument "they own the club and it is their money" to anything, obviously I know it is, but as a stakeholder in the business that they hold, I have the right to question the decisions that they make. If they chose to sell the stadium and build a chicken farm, if they chose to change our kit to claret and blue, you could say "they own the club" so why not.

11 minutes ago, neophox said:

Nice. Hedges looks a steal. Looks like he could go straight into the squad for saturday. Matchfit!

Chapman looked happy and still here.

Rothwell looked like he used to. Hopefully he will be his old self on saturday. 

It's looking brighter for Saturday.

• Like 1

An underwhelming day but doesn’t mean a bad window necessarily. Retaining the key players was the priority and adding to them with a few good value, quality additions. Think it’s been acceptable. 

We can’t use Bournemouth as a yardstick given their parachute payments. We were never going to spend big money given the FFP situation.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
28 minutes ago, deanives said:

Anyone else notice this on the hedges training video. Rothwell taking part in training today so must be definitely be part of the first team still

Screenshot_20220131-181738_Facebook.jpg

He looks delighted he chose to stay….

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never said that they don't at other clubs. we can all speculate on that and to be honest as it is other clubs, I care little. I am saying that they shouldn't, they should leave such decisions to people qualified to do so. 

You can use the argument "they own the club and it is their money" to anything, obviously I know it is, but as a stakeholder in the business that they hold, I have the right to question the decisions that they make. If they chose to sell the stadium and build a chicken farm, if they chose to change our kit to claret and blue, you could say "they own the club" so why not.

Do you agree with Mowbray that we should have allowed Rothwell join Bournemouth?

They made the decision that they didn't want a key player being sold to a promotion rival and I agree with it .

They could easily have instructed the people at Ewood to get what they could for Nyambe , Lenihen and Rothwell but they didn't.And will receive nothing for them now

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He told the Mods on here he wanted to speak to other messageboards and reluctantly the mods let him go on loan to Rovers chat

Absolutely scandalous that the mods would let him speak to other message boards this late in the window. 

How on earth are we meant to find a replacement with such little time left. 

Edited by Tugay-is-God
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Strongly disagree.

I think we desperately need to sign a striker and central midfielder before 11p.m. absolute minimum.

Of the ones we've signed already I think we've been exceptionally unlucky with Markanday but the others aren't particularly inspiring signings

Edit: Have we signed Giles? 

What year do you think this is, 1993? The amount of money needed to sign a decent striker in January is far far more than Rovers have at their disposal. 

Hedges is the player that fits that bill the closest.

Just now, islander200 said:

Do you agree with Mowbray that we should have allowed Rothwell join Bournemouth?

They made the decision that they didn't want a key player being sold to a promotion rival and I agree with it .

They could easily have instructed the people at Ewood to get what they could for Nyambe , Lenihen and Rothwell but they didn't.And will receive nothing for them now

The individual transfer decision is totally irrelevant to the point that I am making, that the manager should be left with the autonomy to decide on footballing matters.

For what its worth specific to the example, it is totally dependant on what replacements that we could have got. If we could have found adequate replacements, which was a condition that Mowbray stressed that had to come into play as the only way that it would be considered, then I think potentially yes, although finding such players would be difficult. It could have benefitted us in the short and long term. 

Alan Nixons interview on BBC Lancashire absolutely spot on regarding Rothwell. Everyone knew there was never going to be a sale, so TM should of stayed quiet rather than compromise player/club in effort to speak via media to owners.

Also agree with him regarding the ludicrous decision of so many clubs of trying to steal a pound by waiting til end of window to sign players when they should/get deals done early and get a months worth of games out of them.

Pains me to say the above, he never forgave me for telling him we were signing Dann and Yakubu

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

The signings of Hedges, Markanday & Zeefuik seem to be being ignored…I know Markanday got injured but who could foresee that ?

Giles in, Rothwell retained…that would be decent surely ? 

'Decent' won't keep us in the automatic promotion places unfortunately. 

'Decent' would have been OK if we were still on our mid table journey. This opportunity won't come around again soon. We need to show some ambition.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

An underwhelming day but doesn’t mean a bad window necessarily. Retaining the key players was the priority and adding to them with a few good value, quality additions. Think it’s been acceptable. 

We can’t use Bournemouth as a yardstick given their parachute payments. We were never going to spend big money given the FFP situation.

Yes but it's another underwhelming window following summer.  Can't help but feel it's a lack of ambition.  We won't get this opportunity again. 

On the striker front, it's obvious Diaz will go in summer. Recruiting now strengthens us now and long term. 

He went into detail saying how he totally understood the situation that Rothwell found himself in, used an example of when he was in it himself and ended up quadrupling his wage and asked fans not to get on his back.

He also said that it was his decision rather than Rothwell's decision to not take him to Luton. 

The furore that his interview has caused doesn't match what he actually said.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crimpshrine said:

'Decent' won't keep us in the automatic promotion places unfortunately. 

'Decent' would have been OK if we were still on our mid table journey. This opportunity won't come around again soon. We need to show some ambition.

There is time yet, but leaving it until today to save a £1, puts us up against it.

Clubs elsewhere have managed to sign players from worldwide, we are taking an age just to do a loan deal.

We've been poor in the january windows since our stable administration left the club. I wouldnt trust Waggott n co to run a bath

• Like 2

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He told the Mods on here he wanted to speak to other messageboards and reluctantly the mods let him go on loan to Rovers chat

I can confirm we received a bigger bid from New York Rovers than from roversfans.com but turned both down.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he is`nt a winger is he🙄

From what has been said on today, he seems to be able to play anywhere on the left, front to back.

Looked at his video earlier, has a wand of a left foot. Loads of assists for Cardiff on loan.

Edited by West Yorks Rover

32 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He gets to play at Hampden Park every other week,maybe that appealed to him.

Queens park no longer play there they are lodging at fir hill until lesser hampden is ready

• Like 1