BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he is`nt a winger is he🙄

Can play in any left sided position, front, mid or back.

Has a fantastic record for assists in Championship and has been shunned in favour of the foreign influx at Molineux...a great player btw (from a mate who hales from The Black Country, is a Rover and knows his stuff)

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Maybe. But equally, maybe not.

It’s clear as day to me something changed overnight. All of the journalists - Crooke, Sharpe, O’Rourke (the sky guy, forgot his name) all said the same as I did, APART from two things 1) Rothwell was in Bournemouth 2) it was 100% done. 

Now my lesson has been learnt - I’ll never say something is “100%” again. And to be fair, I was told “Rothwell has been told to travel to Bournemouth”… for all I know he didn’t or only for so far. It’s clear that he didn’t get there because he was in for training this afternoon. 

So let’s dissect this: I was first to say there was more to the Rothwell injury than meets the eye. I was first to say Rovers thought the transfer was on. It sounds to me like Venkys put a stop to it, based on Glen M’s post. One things for sure, the Rothwell side - who where passing the info to me/Joe H/Crooke (we all said the same thing) - thought it was happening. But it didn’t happen, for whatever reason. 

As it happens, as soon as it became apparent it wasn’t happened I put my hands up and said well done to Glen on sticking by his sources saying the deal wasn’t happening. Like he replied, things move quickly in football.

I’ve not bothered talking about this all Sunday night for some sort of ego trip, I just relayed the info I was being told because the source was reputable and I would have wanted to know if someone else was getting the info. Although perhaps I did get ahead of myself, which I can admit. 

So will I change my sources? No, I’ll just not post them. Not because I want some replies for my ego saying “no, please do post them!” but simply because people like yourself don’t want to read them and make it unbearable if I get them wrong. I was right about Markanday being a perm deal and right about us signing Ayala ahead of time, My advice is listen to unleaded and Glen and Kamy who are pretty much always right. But don’t take anything as gospel until a scarf is being held up - isn’t that the famous saying? 

I dont think you need to explain yourself. The club handled this whole thing poorly, and there will be consequences far more than JR staying until the summer.

You was fed the right information from an Ewood point of view, but the owners ultimately made it quite clear who is boss.

I'm like you nowadays, prefer to say nothing, as its not worth the hassle, and you get abused for sharing what you've heard.

Twitter is fantastic for getting abused too.

You did a good job with this, and with four hours to go, it could change again. Other clubs want players like Joe, and with the right bargaining chip, it gets sanctioned. It was just never going to be Bournemouth in the owners eyes, who are extremely angry that people have tried to back them into a corner publically, at a time which has been their best since they arrived

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He went into detail saying how he totally understood the situation that Rothwell found himself in, used an example of when he was in it himself and ended up quadrupling his wage and asked fans not to get on his back.

He also said that it was his decision rather than Rothwell's decision to not take him to Luton. 

The furore that his interview has caused doesn't match what he actually said.

As usual

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

Surely the BBD Barcelona stuff is BS…!

Wouldnt begrudge the lad that kind of opportunity but fucking hell…!

They can't afford aubameyang's wages,that's why that deal is collapsing so i don't know where they'd get 5 million from to buy BBD

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

From what has been said on today, he seems to be able to play anywhere on the left, front to back.

Looked at his video earlier, has a wand of a left foot. Loads of assists for Cardiff on loan.

What, wooden ?

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I It was just never going to be Bournemouth in the owners eyes, who are extremely angry that people have tried to back them into a corner publically, at a time which has been their best since they arrived

So the owners aren’t happy with Mowbray and co? Interesting 😄

41 minutes ago, ChrisyG said:

BRFCS should get their hands in their pockets and re-sign the lad. He's pure class! We're not the same messageboard without him.

“When we see Premier League attendances in here…we’ll offer Premier League terms. I sometimes wonder whether this town wants a football fans website” a clearly disconsolate board member said earlier. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Looks really unhappy!

4AA7ABA8-BADE-405E-B6ED-B9BF06B2E234.jpeg

7672ABE4-C340-48FE-9139-78EB14A74DDF.jpeg

Random photos mean little

No one is smiling back at Rothwell

And Tony is probably  smiling because he's just a had a portfolio revaluation from his pensions adviser

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Looks really unhappy!

4AA7ABA8-BADE-405E-B6ED-B9BF06B2E234.jpeg

7672ABE4-C340-48FE-9139-78EB14A74DDF.jpeg

He's saying "I've told the missus, who needs fucking Sandbanks when you've got Blackpool. She didn't know that 'Arry didn't live there anymore!........soz Gaffer and the lads, I've been a dick, now let's crack on and get The Rovers up!"

• Like 6

1 minute ago, pomster said:

So the owners aren’t happy with Mowbray and co? Interesting 😄

Trial by media? This approach eventually had the owners solicitors take out the last man in the boardroom who thought he was wiser than them.

When you have a discussion, make a decision, everyone is clear of the decision, then find the need to wash it out in public, thats never going to be wise

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He went into detail saying how he totally understood the situation that Rothwell found himself in, used an example of when he was in it himself and ended up quadrupling his wage and asked fans not to get on his back.

He also said that it was his decision rather than Rothwell's decision to not take him to Luton. 

The furore that his interview has caused doesn't match what he actually said.

He should have stuck with the injury line.He didn't have to attempt to force the owners hand to sell him by going public. 

The owners had already told the people at Ewood that they wouldn't sanction his departure.When your boss gives you instructions and you disagree with it do you start mouthing off in public what you would do?

Mowbray has been in the game long enough to know how sections of the support would react to this news.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Absolutely scandalous that the mods would let him speak to other message boards this late in the window. 

How on earth are we meant to find a replacement with such little time left. 

Apparently there was some issues within the messageboard once the interest was made known and he wanted to speak to the other board. It forced the mods to call the owners ask for technical support...some Indian lad answered to assist.

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

If Giles can play in midfield then we just need a striker. 
Jamie Paterson or Liam Delap on loan.

And no permanent signing, again.

we need a striker who can head a football,preferably some big,ugly **** who takes no prisoners,we are weak physically up front,it`ll give us another option  as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we need a striker who can head a football,preferably some big,ugly **** who takes no prisoners,we are weak physically up front,it`ll give us another option  as well

Brereton has scored two good headers this season tbf 

• Like 1