BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

Start of a crucial 6 game run for us, where I believe we need 4 wins and a draw to keep us in the auto race. 3 wins and 3 losses would keep us firmly in the playoff hunt. Anything less and I would worry. 

For me team has to be:

kaminski 

lenihan vanhecke Wharton 

nymabe Rothwell Travis Giles 

Khadra Buckley Diaz 

For some reason I am extremely confident that we will win this.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That said I would never underestimate Tinkerman Tony's ability to sabotage our promotion chances by trying to shoehorn Gallagher and the new recruits (who with the exception of Giles have singularly failed to impress) into the starting eleven ahead of the line up that has served us well this season.

I agree with the part I deleted (that Khadra should start over Gallagher, though I do understand the temptation to put a big lump up there if we intend to rely on Giles' crosses so much).

But you're being very harsh on the new recruits. Zeefuik has been shifted around loads (I think 3 different positions, 2 of which he doesn't play as). You accept Giles has played well but he and Hedges have only just walked through the door and played 1 game. I agree I would start Nyambe not Zeefuik, and Hedges would be on the bench for Diaz and Khadra to start, I just think you sound unfairly dismissive of players who haven't been here long. Coming off the bench is a better way to learn more about Hedges and Zeefuik for now though, aye.

Nyambe was subbed off against Swansea, I do wonder if he has some sort of knock or strain and might be rested though.

3 hours ago, toogs said:

Are Edun, Pickering, Markanday, Gallagher, Poveda, Dack available?

The players that got us into second place are largely available. The only one missing is Pickering from that winning run. 

Edun and Gallagher are back up players, Dack hasn't played for 2 years, Markanday has only played 20 mins, and Poveda had one good game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

The players that got us into second place are largely available. The only one missing is Pickering from that winning run. 

Edun and Gallagher are back up players, Dack hasn't played for 2 years, Markanday has only played 20 mins, and Poveda had one good game. 

Edun is out injured, Mowbray might not risk Gallagher could have done with him for Giles crosses, and Dolan reckons it's to soon to play them.

Edited by Geoff66

I think everyone is available from Cardiff (except Edun), that’s a strong 11. 
We’ve got the players… formation & who plays where Tony chooses is concerning. As we’ve seen, it’s not always about the “jimmy’s & Joe’s” with TM, it’s also the x’s & o’s 

Edited by WacoRover

15 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Exactly

Get back to doing what we've been doing and blend the newbies in as we go along. Substance over style has got us this far and Saturday for me resembled last season a bit too much. Don't want to be losing 1 nil but getting patted on the back for this mythical attacking football that creates illusions more than chances.

Hoping for the same team that got us into this good position,  except Giles for Pickering .

A good win needed for the nerves.

After these six games if we aren't far behind 2 nd we should make it up  , we have a good run in on paper.  Though lately we seam to be getting better results against the top teams , rather than bottom. 

• Like 1

It's a shame we don't have a mobile and physical CM option, because I have a feeling that this is not really a game for Rothwell to start. Someone tough tackling, strong and fairly fast would really help track their runners. Alternately, Rothwell could start under orders to hold his position in the middle because Forest are very quick on the counter.

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It's the team we all want but with 1 alteration, wouldn't be Mowbray if it wasn't 

Nyambe on the bench, Zee starting. 

Poor decision for me that.

IMO that weakens us defensively in the hope that Zee can get some better crosses in.

Personally I think he is an accident waiting to happen but hes got the shirt so good luck.

I did think that might be the only change he would make to what most would probably consider the optimum XI right now. I disagree with it, unless there is a slight injury concern with Nyambe so he isn't being risked for the full 90, with us having another game soon.

I suspect though, it may be more to do with Mowbray thinking we expect to attack more being at home.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

IMO that weakens us defensively in the hope that Zee can get some better crosses in.

Personally I think he is an accident waiting to happen but hes got the shirt so good luck.

The problem with relying on crosses is Khadra is hardly going to get on the end of any so it's all down to BBD. If we plan to pump the box with crosses again, well we saw how that worked out even with excellent delivery from Giles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Bullshit on Nyambe but at least the bench and starting line up stronger than Saturday

This is one reason why, in my opinion, we are heading south in the League. He finds a way to ensure we aren't at full strength. 

He is the only one who didn't see how we dipped when RN was out of the team. If it isn't this, he will tinker somewhere else. 

If Ryan's carrying a knock, he shouldn't be on the bench. 

I thought if we could return to our winning 11, we would be favourites to win.

I think it's a lottery now. 

COYB!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aqualung said:

Decent bench 

It is, but it's a bit limited for midfielders. Only really Johnson, who I'm always nervous about coming on. Where is Davenport? We really should have recruited some guile in this area. I assume Giles is seen as cover there once we have a LB again.