BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (h) - 9/2/22

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

How long after the game do the match replays come on Rovers TV?

Bear in mind that, despite the game being live on Sky Arena, it will also be available on Rovers TV to both UK and International fans for the usual £10 or in your subscription if you have one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Very tough game tonight but we're very strong at home and a near full strength squad to choose from. 

I think they have better players and a better manager than we do but hopefully our fantastic team spirit can pull us through. 

Are Edun, Pickering, Markanday, Gallagher, Poveda, Dack available?

50 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think Brereton might benefit. My favourite goal of the season so far was his header against Preston. Top class. He also scored one against Argentina a few days ago. 

A lot of Giles balls were more chest height rather than up in the air. I think anyone with a goalscoring instinct would benefit.  Biggest beneficiary if he is fit this season could be Dack.

• Like 2

Seen a lot on Twitter saying they’re upper tier tonight; wonder if we’ve stuck them up there in hope of reducing the effect on the team? Can’t remember many being solely in the upper tier this season?

9 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Seen a lot on Twitter saying they’re upper tier tonight; wonder if we’ve stuck them up there in hope of reducing the effect on the team? Can’t remember many being solely in the upper tier this season?

Considering we’ve the best home record in the league this season, or we did have before Fulham won last night, the supposed ‘marginal gains’ rationale in previous years of having them in the upper tier has proven to be nonsense. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Considering we’ve the best home record in the league this season, or we did have before Fulham won last night, the supposed ‘marginal gains’ rationale in previous years of having them in the upper tier has proven to be nonsense. 

I’d love to ask the players whether the presence of away fans fires them up or intimidates them…& if it’s intimidate…get a decent sports psychologist in immediately.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lets hope we win a critical game in our promotion hopes, never mind to sign off an amateur journalist with a win!

Agree, except I'm sure he gets paid so that would make him a professional. But yeh, 'do it for Jacob' isn't exactly anyone's motivation tonight...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm liking the sounds from the camp, all very positive. Need the result now. This is definitely must not lose and not far off must win if we want automatic promotion 

Giles to left wing back and then all that remains is who starts up top with Brereton. Surely Gallagher or Hedges. I would have Khadra off the bench 

Definitely can't afford to lose, as we can keep the daylight between us with a draw, or stretch it with a win.

WB by the way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

I’d love to ask the players whether the presence of away fans fires them up or intimidates them…& if it’s intimidate…get a decent sports psychologist in immediately.

Didn't we win the Sheff U, PNE and Boro games ?

Not sure it's the team that needs the sports psychologist the only arses that twitch with this team seem to be on the sidelines.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm liking the sounds from the camp, all very positive. Need the result now. This is definitely must not lose and not far off must win if we want automatic promotion 

Giles to left wing back and then all that remains is who starts up top with Brereton. Surely Gallagher or Hedges. I would have Khadra off the bench 

I find it incredible that anyone would start either Gallagher or Hedges ahead of Khedra. I can only assume they haven't been watching the matches this season or in particular the games at Hull and the one on Saturday.

That said I would never underestimate Tinkerman Tony's ability to sabotage our promotion chances by trying to shoehorn Gallagher and the new recruits (who with the exception of Giles have singularly failed to impress) into the starting eleven ahead of the line up that has served us well this season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Didn't we win the Sheff U, PNE and Boro games ?

Not sure it's the team that needs the sports psychologist the only arses that twitch with this team seem to be on the sidelines.

Leeds never did too well at Ewood either before their promotion and they filled that end more than once.

4 hours ago, garnersfags said:

Kaminski     

Leni  VanHek  Whartn

Nyambe                 Giles                   

Travis

Rothwell 

Buckley

Khadra                    Brereton

If all fit, would anyone start a different line-up tonight? 

Cards on the table, I think we need to persevere with this line up for 2 more games, and have our increasingly (very) strong bench to supply reinforcements. 

TM will have some difficult decisions to make when Dack, Pickering et al are fit, but if we don't improve our overall form and fluency over the next 2 games, the changes may have to be made anyway, but that should only be swapping like for like, and freshening up the forward line. 

I really hope we've sold a few tickets for tonight, the team really deserves our full support, the atmosphere after the Boro game was electric and euphoric.   

Absolutely spot on. 

That HAS to be the line up doesn't it?

It picks itself.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That said I would never underestimate Tinkerman Tony's ability to sabotage our promotion chances by trying to shoehorn Gallagher and the new recruits (who with the exception of Giles have singularly failed to impress) into the starting eleven ahead of the line up that has served us well this season.

Would that be the Gallagher who most were crying for to be on the end of Giles’s crosses, and the new signings who have been pitched into covering not their normal positions because of an injury crisis, and have only been here a couple of weeks?

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Would that be the Gallagher who most were crying for to be on the end of Giles’s crosses, and the new signings who have been pitched into covering not their normal positions because of an injury crisis, and have only been here a couple of weeks?

That would be the Gallagher with whom we've invariably  had poor results whenever he's played and the new recruits Giles apart who don't look up to it, yes.

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely spot on. 

That HAS to be the line up doesn't it?

It picks itself.

I’ve got a horrible feeling Nyambe will be dropped tonight for Zeefuik. Mowbray has tried to accommodate him for the last couple of games, and it’s not worked, but I’m pretty sure he’s not finished trying him out yet.

I really hope I’m wrong as it will, in my opinion, significantly weaken us defensively.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That would be the Gallagher with whom we've invariably  had poor results whenever he's played and the new recruits Giles apart who don't look up to it, yes.

Given we are second largely thanks to a player who took 2.5 years to come good, it seems perfectly reasonable to judge news players after 2.5 weeks who were thrown into a Plan B that doesn’t exist anyway.

I don’t rate Gallagher either, but even he should make more of Giles’s crosses than the assorted midgets at Swansea.

2-0 tonight, Diaz and Giles.

3 hours ago, toogs said:

Are Edun, Pickering, Markanday, Gallagher, Poveda, Dack available?

Not seen a timeframe on Edun, assuming it's a reasonable time out though.

Markanday is out for the season, Poveda isn't far behind that I don't think. Might return for the last few weeks?

Dack will need a few more U23 games I think.

Pickering still a couple of weeks off.

Gallagher should be back though 👍😂

• Like 1