BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Utd (a) - 23/2/22 - Match Preview

4 minutes ago, doctorryan said:

Forget promotion, we won't be within 10 points of the top 6 at the end, in fact we might be out of it by the end of the weekend. The moment it all turned was the missed penalty call & red early at Hull..........instant BAD VIBES.  You could just see it that night: we were done.  More years of semi-meaningless lower divisions football to come & no end in sight.........& get that goddamn devil head off our kits........f*cking Recoverite.

The die was cast in the FA Cup at Wigan ...

• Like 9

Honestly you couldn’t fucking write it could you. Text my old man after the penalty miss saying it would be the most typical Rovers thing I’ve ever seen if we lose this match. And we chuck it away from a set piece in the last minute.

We all knew another striker should have been brought in, in Jan. We all knew if Diaz got injured we’d be fucked. Well here it is. Thank god there’s only one more game left in February, the worst month to be a Rovers fan. What could have been this season lads. That is a crushing defeat and probably will hurt them lads more than the Fulham one. If we don’t bounce back on Saturday we’re in the shit. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, DE. said:

5 matches without a goal, and in two of those matches the opposition were down to ten men for at least 20 minutes. We lost both. Absolutely pathetic.

Losing faith and hope at this point, but at least if we do finish outside of the playoffs Mowbray will surely be gone. If I'm being honest regardless of how the first half of this season went, I can't wait for him to be gone. I'm beyond tired of these stupid negative patterns we get into. The only reason we've not completely plummeted this time around is because we have a stronger defence - but it only slightly helps when you literally cannot score.

People will say "would have taken a point away from home against Sheff Utd, would have gotten it if we hadn't missed a penalty, what more do people want" - but in the context of the match this is three vital points dropped, combined with another goalless performance. We literally can't score against teams playing for significant periods with one less player than us. 

I've always felt that Rovers under Mowbray have had a mentality problem. Able to fly when things are going well, completely bomb when things begin to go south and take a long time to recover. Buckley and Rothwell are certainly showing that, despite an impressive first half of the season, they can't be relied upon to be our solution when BBD is out. Neither have stepped up when we needed them. 

We had the game handed to us on a plate tonight and blew it. Genuinely feels at this point like we won't score for the rest of the season. Mowbray will ultimately leave this club having blew our best chance of promotion in a decade and with multiple negative records to his name. That's a reality I am 100% certain now will come to pass.

Fantastic post, DE. Unfortunately agree with every word. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Saturdays game against QPR is a must win for us to keep in the playoffs... as I said before if our strikers cant score.... our midfeld and defends must start producing....you cant just rely on Breo...

That is the manager's job. Surely it's obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that our manager just isn't up to it. He is fucking useless!!!!! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, doctorryan said:

Forget promotion, we won't be within 10 points of the top 6 at the end, in fact we might be out of it by the end of the weekend. The moment it all turned was the missed penalty call & red early at Hull..........instant BAD VIBES.  You could just see it that night: we were done.  More years of semi-meaningless lower divisions football to come & no end in sight.........& get that goddamn devil head off our kits........f*cking Recoverite.

Hard to disagree. Was a horrible feeling and the moment it all turned.

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Dacks not ready, fair enough. A one legged Dack is 10 times the player John Buckley is. Anonymous and not regressing. Swallowed whole yet again tonight.

Yep. The bloke needs to be on the bench on Saturday, no arguements. We need a shot in the arm, and it’s no exaggeration to say no f*cker in our whole squad apart from Dack and BBD can score a goal. Sick of saying it, but our best chance in a decade to go up and we don’t bring in a true striker. Mowbray and Venkys only have themselves to blame.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

How we didnt win I do not know, criminal. One sub far too late was not good enough. Buckley needs dropping, absolutely shocking.

Anyone calling for Mowbray to be sacked tonight needs to have a word with themselves. We are overachieving with an underfunded squad packed full of academy kids to be where we are. If we (as probably expected) do stumble out of the play offs, replace in the summer.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BigBar said:

He's not without his flaws but anyone blaming Tony for that needs to vent their anger elsewhere. Look at John Buckley who did sweet FA and has done for months, Khadra who took a shite penalty and looked nervous over it from the moment it was on him to put it away. Gallagher at nothing and brushed off the ball like a schoolboy. We are carrying passengers and lads hiding away from responsibility. Shameful the way that went tonight.

It's on the players end of story. Grow a set lads and stop hiding. The saw where they were in January as a successful season. Weak mentality.

Credit to Daragh, Van Hecke, Wharton and Nyambe at the back. Rothwell and Trav played well. The rest need a good hard look at themsleves because youre letting the side down massively.

It’s Mowbray who is playing Buckley out of position so he’s responsible 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, starscascade said:

Wake up Mowbray. Good run earlier in the season or not. Somethings wrong! People saying in a month we’ll be out of the playoffs. By weekend we will be out! Wake up!

it`s over mate,forget the play offs,he won`t change anything,it`ll be the same on saturday and for the rest of the season,at least we are safe from relegation!!!deep down did`nt we all know that sooner or later,mowbrays tinkering would bring the death spiral back

Can someone explain how Tony is so consistently abysmal in February?

My understanding is that it was the same at Cov as well - is it just utter incompetency in the January window?

In any case, I don't want to see a new contract anywhere near him. Have some ambition for once.

• Like 2

It’s been a tremendous season so far, punching above our weight in a division where our budget is decidedly mid-table.

Fans that travelled are gutted tonight, but are behind the manager and behind this young team.

Freezing.