BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

We'll always lose out on our top targets if another top-half club joins the race, we just can't compete in terms of wages.

Very disappointed about Ahmedhodzic, bags of potential from what i've seen and could be worth well over £20m this time next year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

We are starting to feel noncompetitive wage wise in the Championship.

Just a case of budgets….Sheffield United still receiving parachute payments and fill their ground every week!!

Our budget is £16m, wouldn’t be surprised if theirs is 4x or more! Interesting, I heard the PNE have cut theirs from £18m to £12m this season…finances tight outside of the parachute clubs! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We basically need to hope that no other Championship club come in for players that we want, because we get trumped every single time. Does feel like there needs to be more flexibility in this wage structure of ours.

There’s literally nothing they can do. The budget is driven by our ability to generate money and how much we’re allowed to lose via FFP. So even IF V’s wanted to spend £50m of their own cash, they can’t without massively hindering the club!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Not a great sign if an ex JDT player can’t be convinced by JDT to join him is it

Yep all down to salary, if us and Sheffield Utd offered him the exact same deal i imagine he will have come here.

Even an extra 5k a week the player will always go for the cash.

I think the contract debacle here over the past 12/18 months shows that we are unable or unwilling to pay the going rate for anyone to come in and significantly improve us, it's all about hoping the kids step up so we can increase there wage ever so slightly over the next few years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Here we go, how many we signing before Accy? I’m going with two…

I will go for 1 permanent and 1 loan. I think both will sign on Thursday. No inside info just my opinion and based on what we know from media reports

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Well I don't expect much in the way of news till/if players are officially announced with Sharpe being away on holiday. I know he's got critics on here but he remains one of the few reporters with half decent links to the club.

Elliott Jackson from Lancs Live is still about. 

1 hour ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Is that the young lad Phillips in the middle? Looks pretty big for a 17 year old.

Yes it is. I think he ready to be first team squad

45 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Anel has gone to Sheffield…. Wages offered won …. 

bigger wage budget and in year 2 of getting premier league parachute payments. 

I'm sure GB and JDT have move on already and have cash and loan bids for players already in and waiting for answers from those clubs. Still we only need 6 signings so no need to panic cos we didn't bring in Anel Ahmedhodzic.  

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So hold on, after all the talk we didn't sign the £3 million proven established CB?

There's a surprise.

But no surprise with your comment there tho!

Edited by chaddyrovers

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s literally nothing they can do. The budget is driven by our ability to generate money and how much we’re allowed to lose via FFP. So even IF V’s wanted to spend £50m of their own cash, they can’t without massively hindering the club!

So generate more money?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, goozburger said:

On the plus side, at least we are trying for the right calibre of players. Last season we would be nowhere near this type of signing.

I'd argue we still aren't to be honest.

I only look on this thread occasionally but the lack of news and transfer activity makes it painfully obvious there is very little new money available to spend. New manager and his high hopes and all that but the signs are it's going to be a very difficult season. As it stands the squad is much weaker than the one that finished last season

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But no surprise with your comment there tho!

What comment is that? I made a prediction yesterday that we won't go close to spending £3 million, especially not on a CB, and this morning it seems to be correct. I feel the need to point this out as only last night I was criticised for making false predictions on here.

I'm not interested in excuses or the "poor us" routine. Getting stuff done is what matters.

• Like 1