BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

To put some perspective on things, Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe have gone.

Wherever they went we'd be reading the same things, no ambition from the players and they are rubbish from the "get behind the club at all cost" crew.

From the other side of the support, "sack the board, better than what we had or will sign, how we have fallen"

If we were signing players, i think the above would become less relevant.

The club has 6 weeks until the window shuts to address the holes in the squad, and until that window shuts, its very hard to judge, despite the worry.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You reckon we are offering players £8k a week? I'd be very surprised. I think if we'd offered Nyambe that 12 months ago he'd still be here.

Venky cuts are on and JDT and Broughton are the fall guys who will be blamed when it goes pear shaped.

People can piss on it all they want and not believe it but Darragh Lenihen did say he was offered 22k per week.

As it stands it is pure speculation either way until we get some players in.I don't think we would have been talking to Liverpool about Davies if we were only paying £8k per week.

Before you say it I know we didn't sign him but that is no proof we can't offer more than 8k.According to Broughton same wage budget as last season what did we lose from it?Roughly 50k so worst case we still have those wages to bring a couple in 

• Like 2

If nyambe signs for wigan it just shows how much of a mess it is behind the scenes. To let an academy graduate, who is steady enough without being spectacular. With potential to get better still. Walk for free to not only a smaller team who have just been promoted. But half a rival. Wow.

Maybe we'd all be laughing if we'd actually got a half decent replacement in or lined up. We could at least rationalise it, by saying the money was used elsewhere so we were right to let him leave. He's been chinned and has gone to shitty wigan. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

People can piss on it all they want and not believe it but Darragh Lenihen did say he was offered 22k per week.

As it stands it is pure speculation either way until we get some players in.I don't think we would have been talking to Liverpool about Davies if we were only paying £8k per week.

Before you say it I know we didn't sign him but that is no proof we can't offer more than 8k.According to Broughton same wage budget as last season what did we lose from it?Roughly 50k so worst case we still have those wages to bring a couple in 

Problem is, you don't get players of that quality for next to nothing.

Unless you get lucky on loan but then you still have to pay a hefty loan fee and are left back at square one at the start of the following season unless again you're promoted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

The only thing it shows is that Wigan are offering more than us for a player we would “love to keep” and offered “the best deal we could”.

He was offered a deal that the club valued him at nothing more nothing less - the issue over length of deal was resolved but then talks crashed with his agent pulling out of further talks - when the so called link to a PL club failed to materialise his agent came back but failed to follow up as was promised hence Rovers pulled the plug but left the offer on the table 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

That tells us something then doesn't it? Wigan not signing many yet able to do what we couldn't where Nyambe is concerned.

Derby are offering more money than us and will be above us within the next 2-3 years and in far better financial health.

Let me guess...

"Where would be without Venkys? Do you want us to end up like Bolton, Blackpool, wigan or Derby?"

YES PLEASE

• Like 3

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Who's Taylor Richards

Remember when Doncaster did us over at Ewood in the FA Cup, he ran the show that day. That’s the only time I’ve seen him, he did well for Donny that season. Then he had a big injury and was out for a while before finishing last season on loan at Birmingham. Not sure how he did there. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

That tells us something then doesn't it? Wigan not signing many yet able to do what we couldn't where Nyambe is concerned.

Derby are offering more money than us and will be above us within the next 2-3 years and in far better financial health.

Derby have a solid fan base 24k home fabs who bs m their team week in week out despite  being owned by an idio, they have some commercial sense albeit limited hence their position still being precarious 

33 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Heard whispers from a couple of places now that Venky’s have decided that enough is enough in terms of subsidising monthly losses, and the cheques won’t be coming.

The lack of transfer activity, sub par contract offers and shite ticket pricing do nothing to dispel my fears this may be true. A desperate, doomed to fail attempt to balance the books?

If this is true, they might as well just fuck off now.

I’m fairly sure they’d have promoted DJ or brought in a stooge rather than JDT (who won’t be the cheapest option) and another meaty wage on a DOF.

On Nyambe, I just think Mowbray didn’t rate him highly enough so him and Waggot offered a miserly increase. Decision was made before JDT and co. came in.

I think it’s just bad player judgement, stubbornness and personal grudges rather than being unable to match what someone like Wigan would offer. Cheers Tony.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

There's a lot of assumption that Wigan have paid higher wages than Rovers without any evidence whatsoever. 

Even if they have, it doesn't mean Rovers couldn't beat their offer, it could well be that they chose not to. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know that his agent was saying that?

We have the highest % of empty seats in the league. The music is really irritating although if he is getting thousands a week more I think he will get over it. If.

Because of the person who drove him to and from the meetings and who listened to each and every word that was said in the vehicle !

57 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Il wait until the window is shut and I see who we have brought In before I start with talk that Wigan and Derby are more ambitious than us. 

Again I don't believe we put a contract offer to Hourihane and even if we did Derby can pay a max of 8k per week and Hourihane if he did have championship offers it says more about hus confidence of getting enough game time at this level rather than Derby's ambitions.

Again on Nyambe that depends, he can't be the fecking good if he has such reasonable wage demands but has chosen to go to Wigan.

I believe the wage figure is £4k

16 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

If nyambe signs for wigan it just shows how much of a mess it is behind the scenes. To let an academy graduate, who is steady enough without being spectacular. With potential to get better still. Walk for free to not only a smaller team who have just been promoted. But half a rival. Wow.

Maybe we'd all be laughing if we'd actually got a half decent replacement in or lined up. We could at least rationalise it, by saying the money was used elsewhere so we were right to let him leave. He's been chinned and has gone to shitty wigan. 

The reality is more likely he was Ferked about by TM for the last 3 years.  Told he wasn't good enough, played out of position, then left out of the squad entirely at times.  He likely had decided to leave in 2020 when JRC was touted as "better" than him.  Of the 3 that have left, he and Rothwell were never really provided the confidence under TM. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not disbelieving what you are saying on Lenihan. It sounds like they tried to 'cheap' it out on him for as long as they could, before realising they had to make him a good offer. Only, it arrived too late in the day.

The 8k point, from what I understand, is in relation to Academy graduates. They seem to have a different policy in relation to them, whereby, it is plausible that they won't go up to or over 8k for them. This may or may not be the case with Nyambe.

However, given it was rumoured Nyambe was on around £3k, and now Wigan are happy to offer more, the theory that we can't/won't pay 8k for Academy graduates might be true. Wigan can't exactly throw big bucks around. We're guessing, but how much more are they realistically going to offer him than us?

Davies is an experienced, senior defender, so most likely would have received an Ayala-esq wage. I don't believe we were ever serious about getting him though, but that's a different matter.

48 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Heard whispers from a couple of places now that Venky’s have decided that enough is enough in terms of subsidising monthly losses, and the cheques won’t be coming.

The lack of transfer activity, sub par contract offers and shite ticket pricing do nothing to dispel my fears this may be true. A desperate, doomed to fail attempt to balance the books?

If this is true, they might as well just fuck off now.

Our last manager couldn't even get a phone call from the owners. Who the hell is whispering the deep, dark truth to you? 🤣

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, yankfan said:

The reality is more likely he was Ferked about by TM for the last 3 years.  Told he wasn't good enough, played out of position, then left out of the squad entirely at times.  He likely had decided to leave in 2020 when JRC was touted as "better" than him.  Of the 3 that have left, he and Rothwell were never really provided the confidence under TM. 

The squad like us would've known mowbray was on his way out, even before it was half confirmed. Same with the new manager coming in they would've known ahead of the fans. If it was such hell under mowbray. A new manager coming in would've been a dream for the three who have left. Especially nyambe who everyone seems convinced for some reason was treated poor by mowbray. To a lesser extent rothwell too who until last season it seemed mowbray wasn't the biggest fan of.