BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 hours ago, RoverRB said:

If Nyambe was as good as he thinks he is and clearly a lot of you think he is he’d have much better options than Wigan Athletic. His agent has been in his ear, telling him he’s going to get all these offers and it’s not happened. He’s trying save face by moving to another club because if he came crawling back here he’d look a right clown.

Why is this assumption now so common that he has chosen Wigan simply out of fear of "looking like a right clown?"

If our offer was better than Wigan's is, assuming he goes there, then him signing would have been greeted positively and just seen as the end of prolonged contractual discussions.

53 minutes ago, RoverRB said:

Another way of looking at it is is Nyambe asking to be one of the highest paid even though he’s guarenteed to be injured for long periods of the season. We’ve already done that with Ayala and it’s shafting us.

Ye just like Ayala is Ryan....🙈🙈

17 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

. We can’t compete financially with half the championship now

....The owners don't want to.

18 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Correct, hence the change of direction with a DOF and Head Coach

Pointless, if what's above them is useless, and if they are given chocolate buttons to spend.

We've been there before and it failed.

• Like 3

The Brexit issue isn’t just about not being able to sign EU players with getting work permits etc, it’s also made for ridiculously high transfer fees and wages for very mediocre U.K. and Irish ones because of the reduced size of the market we can shop in. Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving, it’s been a pile of them so far.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, RoverRB said:

Another way of looking at it is is Nyambe asking to be one of the highest paid even though he’s guarenteed to be injured for long periods of the season. We’ve already done that with Ayala and it’s shafting us.

45 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Does anyone know his demands? I haven't seen anything on here regards what he asked for and what the club offered... Since promotion he's played in 67% of our league games.  Noting some of those were on the bench, not through injury, you'd could probably estimate he's been available for 75% of our games in that time.  Okay, not an 'ever-present', but I don't think a massive concern.  

And sorry, just in the interest of absolute clarity, Ayala has so far played in 30 league games out of a possible 92 - that's 32%.  So not sure the Ayala comparison is even remotely fair or relevant,

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Giant said:

The Brexit issue isn’t just about not being able to sign EU players with getting work permits etc, it’s also made for ridiculously high transfer fees and wages for very mediocre U.K. and Irish ones because of the reduced size of the market we can shop in. Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving, it’s been a pile of them so far.

Yep...Now all my kids have Irish passports, while I, the lonely Brit, await the benefits of that oven ready deal.....Defenders are coming!

2 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Taylor Richards, if its a cheap perm move then it's a decent signing, he played really well for donny in a league lower, if he plays well for us and given his age his valuation could quadruple.

If its a loan then its just like meh, I'd rather we buy these young lads like him and the Derby midfielder Max Bird we were linked with 

Dacky did well some years in league one... you can find some good players there but you can also find good players in allsvenskan who are even better even cheaper... maybe brexit that cause us problems now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I honestly don’t think they do look for the worst in everything to do with the club that’s melodramatic.

It just appears that way when you’ve got a preconception about any poster on here. 
If you want to see something a certain way, you’ll probably see it in 20/20 tbh.

That is just nonsense

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Didn’t you spend all last season doing just that?

No 😄😄 

I wasn't a fan of mowbray in recent seasons for obvious reasons! But i always gave and give credit when it was due and would loved nothing better than for him to really turn things around, but realistically it became clear last season that he was never going to change his ideas and he didn't appear to care about the club as a whole. 

But to answer your question again... No i didn't continually day after day piss and moan about every minute detail and deliberately try to put a dampner on every bit of possitive discussion, unlike the handful of brfcs drama queens. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Giant said:

Correct. The dearth of affordable overseas players because of Brexit has pushed the price and possibly wages up of equivalent standard domestic players.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Absolute tripe. This site is not remotely similar to the LT comments section.

Mind you we could do with a few less trolls trying to pressure people not to say it as they think it is.

What like you are doing there you mean 🙄 (you also apear to have misread my post in regards to LR comments it seems😴😴

1 hour ago, RoverRB said:

Lmao! As if Nyambe and Ayala's injury records are comparable. You've scored an own goal there, RoverRB.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Lmao! As if Nyambe and Ayala's injury records are comparable. You've scored an own goal there, RoverRB.

Nyambe is nowhere near as bad that’s not what I was saying. But he still spends a significant amount of time on the sidelines because his hamstrings snap more than a rich tea biscuit.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
37 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

That is just nonsense

Good contribution with a full and clear explanation behind your point. Thanks….

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nixon thinks Magloire is being linked away?

I mean he's not Championship quality, but bloody hell we won't be able to field a team soon!

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Makes sense to sell based on his quality but as you say, we're already light on bodies!

I'd honestly rather play one of the even younger, entirely untested youngsters than play Magloire again. At least there's a possibility they won't suck.

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean he's not Championship quality, but bloody hell we won't be able to field a team soon!

I’ve watched Magloire enough times in the flesh to know he’s useless to us. If we get a pound for him I’ll be impressed. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Would much rather somebody played out of position at CB than Magloire playing - simply not good enough.