BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

34 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I had thought, following from Glen’s post, that with these deals and the calibre of players we’re going for that there must be some sell on fees in these deals. Just hope they’re not extortionate! But then again, without the sell ons, we’re probably not getting the players.

There's always a way...given their ages and profiles, I'd be telling Venkys it's better paying a bit more now than a lot more later.

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Reliably informed from Barnsley side (agent) that Styles is rovers bound, seen as a Smith-Rowe type player.

Some fine details re sell on clauses, but this is likely to happen.

This is not related to my meeting today, which i will report on later

Get in! What stickers are left?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Venkys reign measured by our right back.

Salgado from Real Madrid.

To 3rd division lad from Barnsley.

As I've already pointed out to you, the lad has played in the '2nd division' for the last two seasons. But why let facts get in the way of a good trolling eh?

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Tell me that Nyambe isn’t as good as what we had previously ? Kenna was class, Atkins was better when he played right back in the team, Pearce and May excelled in that position when asked. Both Emerton and Robbie the Aussie did as good when asked👍😅

Lucas neill, berg, mcateer, Curtis all better than nyambe aswell

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yeah it's YouTube (Pineapple head flash backs) but he looks like he'd be a class signing!

Deffo hoping we pull this deal off!!

He would be a class signing.

I’m trying to not get my hopes up, you only get a bucketful.

32 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Venkys reign measured by our right back.

Salgado from Real Madrid.

To 3rd division lad from Barnsley.

Guess who we'll get more service out of - not to mention profit - in a couple of years?

• Moderation Lead
5 hours ago, J*B said:

Folks, this is getting totally out of hand now. The last 2 pages have had: arguments with people giving up their time to moderate, accidental (if there's such thing) racism and mocking. So I need to be 100% clear:

1) I wrote the rules, so I know what they are. To be clear:

You are allowed to be positive about Rovers here and you are allowed to be negative too.

You are allowed an opinion - and we will not be stopping people from posting their opinions whether those opinions are "PNE have a better squad than us, we haven't signed enough players, we're going down" or "I'm positive about the JDT revolution and the future under GB and JDT". 

We will not be banning anyone for having opinion and we will not accept recommendations from users on who should or who should not be banned. 

Reminder about point 1. We aren’t having people being accused of being fans of other clubs, just as we aren’t having people being called club plants.

Just stop it.

1 hour ago, damo100 said:

Oh dear, little knowledge?

You sure about that when the OP was referring to right backs etc??

Screenshot_20220721-192342_Samsung Internet.png

Aye all right. You clearly didn't have a clue who Johnny Price was when you replied to CLB' s tongue in cheek post about "Price" being a winger.

Understandably so unless you're getting on a bit like me.

27 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Reminder about point 1. We aren’t having people being accused of being fans of other clubs, just as we aren’t having people being called club plants.

Just stop it.

Can you throw in “apologist” and also “will defend anything the club does”, cheers lads!

2 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Yes, he was a right winger who loved to kick the ball past the full back and simply use his pace to beat his man before getting a cross in. He was very good at it.

You’re more than likely thinking of Chris Price but I’ll forgive you. 😆

C0B44C5C-CD64-435F-943A-B218CCE3AF19.jpeg

Johnny Price died on the same day as Noel Brotherston, just a few days before we won the premier league. 

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Mate I 100% think he should start, he’s class…my question is what are peoples opinions as to where? LWB, in the middle?

It'll be interesting to see. LWB under JDT will be very attack-minded so could be there. Pickering is a weak spot in our team and needs replacing as he's not dynamic enough for the high-intensity style of play in my view. Styles wouldn't replace Brereton so it's either LWB or LCM is my guess. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Johnny Price died on the same day as Noel Brotherston, just a few days before we won the premier league. 

Wow, that's weird. Noel was very young and "Tom Thumb" must only have been early 50's?

Both right wingers as well.

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Aye all right. You clearly didn't have a clue who Johnny Price was when you replied to CLB' s tongue in cheek post about "Price" being a winger.

Understandably so unless you're getting on a bit like me.

His nephew is my plasterer if that’s any sort of claim to fame lol. 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bit harsh probably.

Whilst I agree there's still much MUCH more to do in terms of recruitment I'd say this lad theoretically looks in a different bracket to the calibre of player we've  brought in over the last couple of seasons. (Pickering, Edun, Hedges etc)

Let's hope it pans out that way and let's hope there's at least several more to follow.

What makes you say that Brittain looks in a different bracket in terms of calibre to those named players, out of interest?