BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Genuine chance that Barnsley want a fair wedge for Styles (he’s an international and that’s fair enough), so if we don’t think LWB is too much a weakness, we look elsewhere and don’t want to splash out on that position.

Think he’d be a really promising signing, but just my two pennies.

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Patrick Vieira would be furious 

This is a fun game whilst we wait - when you think of numbers, which player do you link to each? 

1 - nobody specific 

2 - Gary Neville 

3 - Ashley Cole 

4 - Vieira 

5 - Zidane 

6 - Roberto Carlos 

7 - Beckham 

8 - Lampard

9 - R9

10 - Ronaldinho

11 - nobody specific 

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Rovers wont sell BBD for under £20m. Either we get £20m for him in this window or he will stay.

If that’s the case we need to offer him a bumper contract that will make him the highest paid player at the club, which includes a non promotion release clause. He’d have to think about it as he definitely won’t be wanting another year on his current relatively meagre pay.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Rich not commented on (or responded to comments asking) Styles rumours yet. 

Would imagine he would ask and the club would ask him to not report on it as to scupper the deal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

This is a fun game whilst we wait - when you think of numbers, which player do you link to each? 

1 - nobody specific 

2 - Gary Neville 

3 - Ashley Cole 

4 - Vieira 

5 - Zidane 

6 - Roberto Carlos 

7 - Beckham 

8 - Lampard

9 - R9

10 - Ronaldinho

11 - nobody specific 

R9?! Shearer, surely?!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

1 - nobody specific 

2 - Gary Neville 

3 - Ashley Cole 

4 - Vieira 

5 - Zidane 

6 - Roberto Carlos 

7 - Beckham 

8 - Lampard

9 - R9

10 - Ronaldinho

11 - nobody specific 

11 - I would have gone for Giggs.

As a kid he fascinated me and I remember seeing him for the first time at Ewood and being mesmerised.

• Like 5

I think Styles will eventually go the same way as Davies, Anel etc. Don't doubt there is interest but don't think the deal will be done.

Moreton I don't know, could go either way obviously. Presume he is a clear step up from Wharton/Garrett or whats the point.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Surely you still had all the 90s VHS’ in the house that you watched until the tape wore away? (or was that just me?)

Yes! I can't tell you how many times I watched Kenny's Blackburn Magic back then. That deflected, looping goal from Shearer against Arsenal is still in my mind for that reason 😁.

• Moderation Lead
19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Surely you’re not serious? (and don’t call me Shirley yes). 

I am serious, sorry Shirley.

For real though, I’ve always just gone off positions and not numbers. I.E- defensive mid, box to box, attacking mid etc.

22 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Genuine chance that Barnsley want a fair wedge for Styles (he’s an international and that’s fair enough), so if we don’t think LWB is too much a weakness, we look elsewhere and don’t want to splash out on that position.

Think he’d be a really promising signing, but just my two pennies.

If we are going to be playing wing-backs, then I think we have to be spending money on someone of quality and pace to play that position. Pickering as back-up would be just about ok, but I can see a wing-back system being totally exposed down our left if Pickering starts there. If Styles would be as good a LWB as people are suggesting (I haven't seen him play there) then this would seem an ideal fit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

If that’s the case we need to offer him a bumper contract that will make him the highest paid player at the club, which includes a non promotion release clause. He’d have to think about it as he definitely won’t be wanting another year on his current relatively meagre pay.

More likely to move for nothing in a years time.

2 hours ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Presume that means styles isn’t happening? Rich Sharpe suggested we’d be replacing the main departures with new signings and using academy lads for the fringe players. So in his view only signing 1 centre mid, I’d rather Styles on a permanent then another Liverpool youngster on loan.

Rather our bench be heavily populated with academy lads learning and developing in the job than journeymen shite and others academy players on loan 

11 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

If we are going to be playing wing-backs, then I think we have to be spending money on someone of quality and pace to play that position. Pickering as back-up would be just about ok, but I can see a wing-back system being totally exposed down our left if Pickering starts there. If Styles would be as good a LWB as people are suggesting (I haven't seen him play there) then this would seem an ideal fit.

Totally agree here, I’ve raised q’s on Pickering’s physicality before. Depends how they’re prioritising, though, which we won’t find out ‘til the window shuts, I guess. Again, would love to see him join.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

It's the 'lightweight' comments that concern me most from 'Pool fans. In this league you need to stand your ground, be prepared to take some whacks, and give a fair bit back. Clarkson had none of that; fingers crossed this lad does. 

No doubt he'll have all of our backing once he pulls on the shirt.

He can, he just needs to fill out a bit.

I find with these young kids loaned from PL clubs that they are two extremes, either very good (Elliot) or very poor (Clarkson) so I'll reservations judgement until I've seen him play a few competitive League matches. My real worry though is that bringing them in stifles the progress of our own youngsters in this case Garrett and Wharton.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, J*B said:

1 - nobody specific 

2 - Gary Neville 

3 - Ashley Cole 

4 - Vieira 

5 - Zidane 

6 - Roberto Carlos 

7 - Beckham 

8 - Lampard

9 - R9

10 - Ronaldinho

11 - nobody specific 

1. Seaman

2. Dixon

3. Pearce,

4. Viera

5. Hendry

6. Struggle to think of one

7. Beckham

8. Gerrard

9. Me of course

10. Bergkamp

11. Giggs

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I find with these young kids loaned from PL clubs that they are two extremes, either very good (Elliot) or very poor (Clarkson) so I'll reservations judgement until I've seen him play a few competitive League matches. My real worry though is that bringing them in stifles the progress of our own youngsters in this case Garrett and Wharton.

I agree, ideally i think loans should be a last resort right at the end of windows, but then I guess by that time you really are just picking up the dregs... 

• Like 1