BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

bowler signing for forest then being shipped out to olympiaikos in greece??????that makes no sense at all,i can only think their greek owner has bought him to improve olympiakos,he is a rumoured dodgy ****

Their owner owns both clubs 

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t understand those fans who are today upset that we’ve not sold BBD. Sure, if the offer comes in May and the lad isn’t signing a new deal then I’d be all for a sale with time to reinvest and replace….BUT in what world does selling him today benefit us (the fans) or even the manager? The chances of us replacing his goals at this stage are close to zero.

The ONLY people who stand to benefit from a sale today are our owners and they obviously don’t care about the money.

So I will be DELIGHTED if we keep him and if you offered me Dembele (who I rate highly) I’d still prefer BBD who I’m confident will get another 15 goals at least this season.

I definitely prefer to keep him. 
I think most of our fans do too, we just don’t want to see him walk, Ala, Nyambe, Rothwell, Lenihan

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

bowler signing for forest then being shipped out to olympiaikos in greece??????that makes no sense at all,i can only think their greek owner has bought him to improve olympiakos,he is a rumoured dodgy ****

Makes sense for bowler, premier League wage to take a year's holiday in Greece... Nice work if you can get it

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Bang average window for me at best.  

Hyam and Brittain are decent buys.

Szmodic is a  downgrade on Rothwell. 

Morton may be a good loan, not sure yet. 

The other 2 loans just pad out the squad although Hirst may have something.  

Haven't been able to loan out JRC, Vale or Dolan who all look desperately short of first team quality at this moment of time. 

Diaz looks to be staying, which is either great because we'd never replace him, or terrible as we have lost a lot of money on him.

Agree…Hyam, Brittain and Szmodics replace Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell….debatable if they’re improvements as it’s early doors but it’s cost us £5m or so to do so. 

Not replaced Van Hecke nor Khadra as loans.

Feels better because of Phillips, Carter and Wharton stepping up and Dack getting back to fitness but that’s nothing to do with the window.  

Edit: not a stain on Broughton or JDT as those players were gone and out of their hands, they’ve done well to replace them. I’m just skeptical that we’re stronger than last year 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 6

I'd give the window 7/10. If we lose BBD in the final few hours and don't replace him then that score would drop dramatically.

It's been a tough window for us as we've had to do a lot of business just to stand still. I'd say we're on a par with where we were last season, perhaps just slightly weaker. I think a lot of teams are slightly weaker than last season though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, superniko said:

Agree…Hyam, Brittain and Szmodics replace Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell….debatable if they’re improvements as it’s early doors but it’s cost us £5m or so to do so. 

Not replaced Van Hecke nor Khadra as loans.

Feels better because of Phillips, Carter and Wharton stepping up and Dack getting back to fitness but that’s nothing to do with the window.  

Edit: not a stain on Broughton or JDT as those players were gone and out of their hands, they’ve done well to replace them. I’m just skeptical that we’re stronger than last year 

We finished 8th last year with the death spirals of all death spirals. If we're comparable in squad strength then we'll be there or there abouts this year as we have a much better manager. 

• Like 1