BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

That's Brereton going for free or a possible very low fee in January 2023 (barring a last-minute bid accepted). A repeat of the destabilising Rothwell situation - though you'd hope he doesn't demand a move in the same fashion. I think the club has messed up again. We can just hope that Brereton fires up to the upper reaches of the league by Jan. 

I don't think the club have messed up - only £5m more than what we paid for Diaz is an insult to the club and the player. He has developed so much after a decidedly dodgy start at Rovers - if he stays injury free I could see potential for top 6.

• Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

One thing I’ve learnt after this & im not sure why I fall for it every time is to not believe anything anyone says until it’s officially announced lol.

Average transfer market however a few short especially on the front line.

Looking forward to see Clinton Mola, literally know nothing about him so should be interesting.

Finally…Gutted Styles is going Millwall. They probably can’t believe their look that he’s Available and got him on the cheap. 

Why we haven't gone for Styles I'll never understand. I'd feel confident in the defence if he was in the squad.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Do you not feel another forward player would have been worth pushing the boat out for? I feel with another goal threat we could trouble the top 2. 

Given Zidane made his full debut for us last night, we kept BBD, and after seeing our other windows, im seriously grateful with what we ended up with.

We have a lot of attacking options, we have january, we can only pick 11 players. I think we'd always like more, but seriously its been very good.

• Like 7

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

One thing I’ve learnt after this & im not sure why I fall for it every time is to not believe anything anyone says until it’s officially announced lol.

Average transfer market however a few short especially on the front line.

Looking forward to see Clinton Mola, literally know nothing about him so should be interesting.

Finally…Gutted Styles is going Millwall. They probably can’t believe their look that he’s Available and got him on the cheap. 

They’re sitting 19th, but their players aren’t that bad. I guess they feel Styles can help them into playoff places by seasons end. 

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Been away from home working for most of the day and just catching up with the transfer window madness.

As I said a few days ago, I am not part of the Twitterati or Tw@atterati (if I've had a glass or two too many).

For what it's worth, I thought that if Brereton was still in the building at noon today then he would be with us until at least January.

Also think we need at least one more through the door and preferably two.  Not hopeful this will happen now.

I'm sure, in fact 100% sure that JDT said only a few days ago that this is a transition period and will take 2 or 3 transfer windows to get where he wants to be and that this transfer window we were working behind as he and Gregg only arrived late in the day. So far so good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

I did say experience in the middle we are a team of young talented players who play with no fear at times but you need a wise old head too  and yeah Mola can play left back but is he a left back ? Edun can play left back but he is shit there and where is the cover for Brittain after SVBD never arrived ? JRC is woeful 

Carter and Travis - neither ideal, but both better than JRC has been recently

• Like 3

Think Jdt himself said to judge him after a few windows , adding one or two every window of genuine quality and upgrades on what we have, as such I think we can say he has succeeded in that way of thinking this window. Would I have liked more- of course but watching these youngsters come through makes for an exciting prospect. Much rather that than giving the big clubs youngsters a platform the way mowbray did- albeit I know we have Morten in the team

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Squibs are small explosives that they use in films to simulate bullet hits. So a damb squib is like saying it fizzled out rather than exploded.

Transfer news and education - what more could you want from a forum 😁

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I don't think the club have messed up - only £5m more than what we paid for Diaz is an insult to the club and the player. He has developed so much after a decidedly dodgy start at Rovers - if he stays injury free I could see potential for top 6.

We couldn’t afford to give him away. Everton and Fulham were trying it on. Screw ‘em.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

I did say experience in the middle we are a team of young talented players who play with no fear at times but you need a wise old head too  and yeah Mola can play left back but is he a left back ? Edun can play left back but he is shit there and where is the cover for Brittain after SVBD never arrived ? JRC is woeful 

rhat what Travis is there. 

Mola from what I have read can play left back, centre back or centre midfield so very adaptable. 

Travis, Carter or Buckley can fill in at right back

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Why we haven't gone for Styles I'll never understand. I'd feel confident in the defence if he was in the squad.

JDT and GB don't rate him as highly as Morton who we signed instead

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Also strange that if true Bowler gone to Forest for 2m only to be loaned out to some Greek team, seems a lack of ambition on the player there but good luck to him.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

rhat what Travis is there. 

Mola from what I have read can play left back, centre back or centre midfield so very adaptable. 

Travis, Carter or Buckley can fill in at right back

JDT and GB don't rate him as highly as Morton who we signed instead

travis is ok there,carter is a big centre back and not mobile enough to play there,he`s done it but he`s not great at full back,buckley is nightmare,fine midfielder but full back he certainly is not,he keeps forgeting where the defensive line is

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Are you happy with our business Chaddy or are you disappointed?

I think it's been good transfer window with 3 permanent signings, 2 loans with option to buy for fixed fee and 1 loan only. Rovers have been sensible and look for players that fit our footballing strategy now under GB and JDT. Plus we have kept BBD here for the season. Plus, hopefully we still have some money for signings in January if we need to. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

If he's not sold in the next few hours, Brereton going for free next year or a possible very low fee in January 2023. This could well lead to a repeat of the destabilising Rothwell situation - though you'd hope he doesn't demand a move in the same fashion. I think the club has messed up again. We can just hope that Brereton fires us up to the upper reaches of the league by Jan but I don't think we have the experience or physicality in the team but hope I'm wrong. 

The bids for Brereton were way below 10 million. Would you have entertained those bids? I'd say keep him, he'll give us plenty of goals and maybe just maybe we will challenge top 6. In the meanwhile Rovers should track replacements

• Like 3