BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Jumping the gun a bit but looking ahead to next summer the following are out of contract according to transfermarkt 

Morton - loan

Hirst - option to buy

Mola - option to buy

Ayala 

Dack - 1 year option 

Travis - shouldn't be too difficult to agree new deal

BBD - defo going

Vale - can only see him leaving if he does crap

So that will be 8 out of the door. I know it's been mentioned that you don't have time to build a squad in this league but I think JDT can be afforded a season to grow. There's 8 potentials leaving, if 3 of them do well we can retain them (dack and the options to buy), Travis and Vale I can't see being too difficult to persuade to stay so it's Morton, BBD and Ayala that are the ones that will need replacing (ayala could even stay). I think if we miss out on play offs this season then we've got a good shot at pushing for them next season. 

JDT has already stated that he wants 2/3 transfer windows to sort out the players he wants to complement the ones we have and the ones showing great potential, so not bothered about the ones to go in what seems like 8 months time.

23 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Madine just given a 3-game retrospective ban for stamping on Travis' ankle. is this going to be a thing this season? 

How the officials missed that was baffling to me, he certainly deserves the ban.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Madine just given a 3-game retrospective ban for stamping on Travis' ankle. is this going to be a thing this season? 

It's not something new and has been in operation for some years now. Firstly the referee has to submit a report post match advising the FA that he hasn't seen the incident but on reviewing it admits that had he seen it be would have sent the perpetrator off. It then goes to an independent panel of three randomly selected from a bigger pool. The vote has to go 3-0 in favour of the sending off and, as in Madine's case it was so a three game ban kicks in. My annoyance at this is that the justice isn't instant and is usually of no benefit to the team offended against. Had Madine scored the equaliser on Wednesday we would be angry when he shouldn't have been on the pitch.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, frosty said:

Errr, he didn't though did he? In his first couple of seasons he was mainly a sub but often looked electric when he came on, hence the clamour for him to start more games. Inconsistent is how I'd describe him when he did start.

He started more in 20/21 and again, pretty inconsistent but flashes of genius (those two goals v Brentford and Sheff Weds in the space of a few weeks, brilliant). Even on his poorer games he'd still be trying to drive through the centre and provide a spark.

Pointing out the above isn't really relevant to the chat about Buckley. But I find it odd how some players suddenly become awful when they leave. Seen it with Lenihan and Nyambe too - also two good players for us.

Spot on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's not something new and has been in operation for some years now. Firstly the referee has to submit a report post match advising the FA that he hasn't seen the incident but on reviewing it admits that had he seen it be would have sent the perpetrator off. It then goes to an independent panel of three randomly selected from a bigger pool. The vote has to go 3-0 in favour of the sending off and, as in Madine's case it was so a three game ban kicks in. My annoyance at this is that the justice isn't instant and is usually of no benefit to the team offended against. Had Madine scored the equaliser on Wednesday we would be angry when he shouldn't have been on the pitch.

i know its not new - just you do not see it happen much in this division. Just wondering if we will start to see more of it. Thanks for the explanation of the process. Yes, its no use to us really and had he been sent off we could have gone on to win by more.  

22 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Steele for me was better and I'd much rather he was our second choice keeper now.

Rubbish number 1, but would've been okay is as a number 2.

Currently plying his trade in Premiership, which tells its own story I guess.

Dack could be similar to a Lee Tomlin (who I always rated). Not naturally athletic but a lovely footballer. A luxury yes but if you have the A.Whartons and Travs snapping around midfield and the energetic strikers/forwards we have now or similar then Dacky can certainly carve defences open and use his intelligence to be a very good player for a few more years yet.

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

i know its not new - just you do not see it happen much in this division. Just wondering if we will start to see more of it. Thanks for the explanation of the process. Yes, its no use to us really and had he been sent off we could have gone on to win by more.  

Another anomaly is that if the referee says he has seen it and is happy with the challenge nothing can be done retrospectively.

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Could it not be introduced whereby any post-imcident goal/assist or foul drawn from which a freekick/penalty is scored is ruled out, and the result adjusted accordingly?

Just now, Mike E said:

Could it not be introduced whereby any post-imcident goal/assist or foul drawn from which a freekick/penalty is scored is ruled out, and the result adjusted accordingly?

I don't think it could in my opinion Mike. In theory VAR should negate the need for any retrospective action. There is still talk of a diluted version coming to the Championship next season.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

And then you get the guy that concussed Szmodics gets away with it because cameras weren’t there. Plus the guy at Luton ( I know who you are ) who stiff armed Gally got clean away with it and that was on camera.

That was a disgusting challenge on Gallagher. Resulting in us playing with Ayala up front. Amazingly Lockyer was actually given a yellow card for it. Ref just made it up on the spot after not seeing the incident. It was either not seen or a straight red.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

It tells you nothing at all about ability.

He was signed to make up their homegrown quota and has made 1 appearance in about 4 years 🤣

As much as I respect fellow posters opinions, I'm going to side with Premiership manager Graham Potters on this one Ossy.

😁

I’ve got a massive 771 page transfer gossip hangover. I am still scrolling the page in case the FA teleprinter jammed and we got Styles over the line. 

Or perhaps a stonking free transfer out of contract snip from Fernatsary who is a forgotten gem with an English passport and has been a successful 20 goal a season man in a top league. 

Where’s my aeropress and single origin coffee? 

• Like 1

On 02/09/2022 at 11:31, superniko said:

How would people line-up at full fitness now then? (with the obvious caveat of unknown capabilities of some signings)

Kaminski

Brittain - Hyam - Wharton - Pickering

Wharton - Travis - Morton

Dack

Hedges - Brereton

Subs: Pears, Ayala, Mola, Buckley, Szmodics, Gallagher, Hirst

Backup: Carter, Philips, Edun, JRC, Garrett, Dolan, Vale

Perhaps I'd start Ayala, when fully fit he's one of the best in the leauge.

I posted this the other day but there are 4 players finishing this game that I’d not even have in the squad if fully fit. 

We needed to do more in the transfer window than just replace the first team players who we let leave for free. It was a poor window looking how we’ve ended up versus last season. 

• Like 2

• J*B unpinned this topic