BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, den said:

5 years we’ve been waiting for Mowbray to show us something. Then this. 

It’s time.

You must've missed the exciting news in this thread about our bright future ahead. 

The good times are coming. 

If you doubt that, you're not opening your mind.

I'm throwing a party tonight to celebrate. 🍾🍾🥂🥂

• Like 5

At the start of this season , I was full of foreboding , fully expecting a bottom 6 finish ..

Low and behold at Christmas we were in the top 2 , now that was a nice surprise to me ...

I suspect it was the same to Mowbray ,who never expected in his wildest dreams we would be in that position.

The events since then , results , transfer window etc , have convinced me that Mowbray was totally out of his depth, he 

hadnt a clue what to do next . He was facing the exit door after the Fulham debacle , suddenly out of thin air he found a winning system , I think he had no idea how he did it .. Expectation was high but Tony knew it was a fluke !

Without the goals of Armstrong last season would we still be playing Championship football this ?

Same question could be set for Brearton this season ?

• Backroom
Just now, Waggy76 said:

At the start of this season , I was full of foreboding , fully expecting a bottom 6 finish ..

Low and behold at Christmas we were in the top 2 , now that was a nice surprise to me ...

I suspect it was the same to Mowbray ,who never expected in his wildest dreams we would be in that position.

The events since then , results , transfer window etc , have convinced me that Mowbray was totally out of his depth, he 

hadnt a clue what to do next . He was facing the exit door after the Fulham debacle , suddenly out of thin air he found a winning system , I think he had no idea how he did it .. Expectation was high but Tony knew it was a fluke !

Without the goals of Armstrong last season would we still be playing Championship football this ?

Same question could be set for Brearton this season ?

It's obvious now we were a one man team. As soon as Brereton stopped being available we crumbled, and in most games we fail to score, even against terrible opposition.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

It's obvious now we were a one man team. As soon as Brereton stopped being available we crumbled, and in most games we fail to score, even against terrible opposition.

I do agree to an extent, but from memory he played in 5 or so games of this latest depressing death spiral. I think Mowbray just got completely found out at the turn of the year and that we’d only be marginally better off had BBD stayed fit.

I’m also far from convinced BBD will ever have a half season like that again. But that’s irrelevant here.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

From a chap called Roger Whiteside on Twitter:

Blackburn @rovers collapses, since returning from league one in 2017/18.

2018/19 - 8th to 16th, 1 win 9 losses in 11.
2019/20 - 7th to 11th. 3 wins in the last 13 games.
2020/21 - 8th to 17th, 1 win in 15.
2021/22 - 3rd to ?, 4 wins in 15 in 2022.

What a pathetic journey.

Clearly Mowbray's ass headed twin takes over at Christmas.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, den said:

5 years we’ve been waiting for Mowbray to show us something. Then this. 

It’s time.

10yrs of Venky ownership den, you surely understand that every manager they've appointed is a symptom, not the disease. 

Nothing improves until these rats sod off back under the rock. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gav said:

10yrs of Venky ownership den, you surely understand that every manager they've appointed is a symptom, not the disease. 

Very true, but Venky's don't tell him to play one footed Giles on the wrong side, Johnson as a false 9 and not buy any strikers.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Sack him tonight and bring in Daniel Farke with a huge bonus if he gets us up.

Rumours Farke is being lined up for Stoke.

I think here and this group of players would suit him far better, if ever there was a 'big' bog standard championship midtable club it's Stoke.  I think it would be a poor choice by him if he went there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don’t know why you keep saying this Gav. 

I understand the point you’re making, but do you never want rovers to replace a manager? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I have gauged my views in what I was told and what I have seen and weighed up the info I had possession of and the info I have been given and I would say it’s very clear there is a very good future ahead for our club across all aspects of football. Whether you or others agree is up to you and them

What have you seen?

What have you been told?

What information do you have?

What do you know?

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Was just about to post the same thing.

Shambolic stuff really. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Rumours Farke is being lined up for Stoke.

I think here and this group of players would suit him far better, if ever there was a 'big' bog standard championship midtable club it's Stoke.  I think it would be a poor choice by him if he went there.

Venkys sit back and do nothing whilst another decent manager moves onto somewhere else.

Obviously the "he wouldn't come here" rhetoric would be bullshit if he ends up at Stoke.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

From a Cov fan on Twitter (in response to the mods from here). Don’t forget that we hear the same from Boro and Celtic fans too:

‘It happened at cov (the season nosedive from Feb onwards) - made bizarre signings and playing ppl out of position - we had Stephen hunt playing at LB one week then on RW next game.’

In summary he’s just one odd, stubborn bloke. Time to shake hands and part ways this summer. His tenure has gone on for far too long.

This. 100%

• Like 2

The fact we even were second and totally dominating teams shows what quality there is in the squad. 

This season's downfall has been due to piss poor management and a total lack of investment. 

Remember how in January we were supposedly linked with signing a promising young midfielder for 1.6 million, then the club came out with a statement saying that we won't be spending 2 million this window?

That's some real ambition we've got there.

There are still a lot of questions surrounding this football club and a lot of suspicion. I don't think Mowbray has deliberately sabotaged the season, he does this every year, but the total lack of investment and lack of desire to achieve anything other than a mid table finish in this division leaves a lot of questions that need answers. 

I am still not convinced that where we are is simply down to mere ineptitude. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’ve been unmasked! 😂

Those are the sorry statistics, though in some seasons have been followed by an uptick in results.

I like Mowbray as a man, his ethics, his history and his personality. I guess it’s just more of the same and another disappointing January-March run.

If he stays, you’d put money on the same being true in 2022/23.

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

I’ve been unmasked! 😂

Those are the sorry statistics, though in some seasons have been followed by an uptick in results.

I like Mowbray as a man, his ethics, his history and his personality. I guess it’s just more of the same and another disappointing January-March run.

If he stays, you’d put money on the same being true in 2022/23.

I think the wheels will come completely off eventually. Especially as he appears to be more delusional than ever believing we can sustain several players out of position whilst playing without any notable strikers.

• Like 1