BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 20/3/22

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Two things I don’t understand . Why did we pay a fee for him after seeing what he had to offer after his first spell here ? Why have we just given him another contract ? 

Considering what we actually needed at the time and considering the Raya money went into his signing it's very hard to understand.

We are paying the price now though because he has to justify his other marquee signing. Yet he'll only ever draw blanks most weeks despite putting a shift in usually.

1 minute ago, DE. said:

"So young"

Kaminski (29)
Lenihan (28)
Van Hecke (21)
Wharton (24)
Khadra (20)
Travis (24)
Rothwell (27)
Giles (22)
Buckley (22)
Gallagher (26)
Dolan (20)

Pickering (23)
Dack (28)

Is that really a team so young they can't handle Paul Ince's Reading? Give me a break. If anything I'd say that's almost a perfect blend of ages.

Ah for some reason being at the top of the championship gifts players the ability to motivate each other???? The whole thing is nonsense. 

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The only positive from today game was I did enjoyed listening to Rovers legend Simon Garner on Radio Lancs where he was commentating with Andy Bayes on the game. Spoke alot of sense. 

They were very damning of the way Rovers played. I think Simon was particularly scathing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Do you want him gone?

right now? Not sure I see the benefit of sacking him right now cos I don't know who we would look to replace for a 7 game spell. I seen a few suggestions on twitter for Damien Johnson and David Dunn to be appoint until the end of the season. Would that be any better? I don't know tbh. 

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Are you still backing him tbough ?

If we don't make the playoffs then I think he should not have his contract renew and we look at bringing a new manager in the summer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

We need a change in the dug out before the next game, he is incapable of getting 4 or 5 wins from the last 7

Who would you go and get Glen? 

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Suhail : how did the interviews go Steve?

Steve : Bilic was really impressive. We have already agreed terms with his agent.

Suhail. Well done Steve. Been a long season. You go on holiday for a week and when you get back we will finalise the deal.

Suhail : How was your holiday Steve?

Steve : was really good thanks Suhail.

Suhail : Can I introduce you to our new manager Rob Edwards....

Why have you mention Rob Edwards from Forest Green Rovers? I suggested him a outsider for the job a few weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Mowbray is the worst appointment the venkys have made 

What a complete and utter over reaction by yourself. Worst than Kean and Coyle? I don't think so at all

1 hour ago, broadsword said:

Not in any way a criticism, because I agree with you. 

But wtf are we seeking in that case? 

I can’t say; but watching our performance in the first half, I got the feeling our players just were not excited to be in the position of chasing promotion. Lifeless, dull, and not at all prepared to boss a side in the bottom four on the table.

Really puzzling. But, a definite lack of leadership and fire on the touchline. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

right now? Not sure I see the benefit of sacking him right now cos I don't know who we would look to replace for a 7 game spell. I seen a few suggestions on twitter for Damien Johnson and David Dunn to be appoint until the end of the season. Would that be any better? I don't know tbh. 

If we don't make the playoffs then I think he should not have his contract renew and we look at bringing a new manager in the summer. 

Not sure if it'd be better but it certainly wouldn't be worse. He's totally lost the plot. Seeing the stats from previous seasons here and other clubs, he's always been a complete basket case after Christmas.

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

I can’t say; but watching our performance in the first half, I got the feeling our players just were not excited to be in the position of chasing promotion. Lifeless, dull, and not at all prepared to boss a side in the bottom four on the table.

Really puzzling. But, a definite lack of leadership and fire on the touchline. 

To me they all looked out of sorts, like some dick had put them all in the wrong position.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who would you go and get Glen? 

Why have you mention Rob Edwards from Forest Green Rovers? I suggested him a outsider for the job a few weeks ago. 

What a complete and utter over reaction by yourself. Worst than Kean and Coyle? I don't think so at all

Worst appointment - most damaging . Mowbray costing us millions by throwing away a league 1 title followed by a shot at promotion, not to mention the 4 years of no hope wilderness. Il give you kean but even he played players in their proper positions and did sign some decent players.  coyle was hopeless but he was fairly quick in and out, albeit cost us relegation but by not getting promoted as I said, mowbray has cost us more. I’m disgusted by him this evening 

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I caught Mowbray’s interview on Radio Lancs. Sounded like a man just about to be taken out to face a firing squad. He his without doubt the most un inspiring manager we have ever had when it comes to interviews. Nobody had been worse in my 60 years.

lol,the pre match team talks must be awe inspiring,"now lads this reading side are ****** superb and their manager is going places,we can`t hope to match their experience and class so just make sure you don`t embarras yourselves,remember you`re only young lads on a journey,tyreece,i don`t want you running into space and sam,stop pretending you are a centre forward,i want you hugging the touchline,the rest of you,i don`t want any pretentions of promotion,it`s frightening in the top six"

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No point in changing for just a 7 game spell. Not worth it.

Planning should be long term, give a new manager the rest of the season to assess the squad and gives him some time to puts plans in place for the summer.

But this is Venkys and they are one of the worst owners in football. They'll do nothing until the summer and then take an ice age to bring in another HSH reject.

Zero ambition from these clowns.

• Like 2

Realistically top 6 has gone. Some will  look at the table and think we still have a chance, but I think that's delusion. Why? 6 goals all year and 7 away games in a row without scoring. We're in relegation form. 

Time to turn attention to how we sort out the mess in the summer where 3 key players will be leaving and we won't get a penny for them. Not to mention the two loanees and main goalscorer going. A huge mess. 

Hoping we get a new manager in the summer and I think we will.  We're looking at a 2-3 year re-building job which I don't think TM will have the appetite for. 

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

I always felt that the run towards the international break (the last four games) would define our season.

4 points from Millwall, Bristol City, Derby and Reading.

Just not good enough if you want to be in the playoffs. 

5 wins or 4 wins and 3 draws from the last 7 is what it’s going to take.

The fat lady has started her warmup!

Some of you people legit need counselling. It was over when we scored 3 goals in 2 and a half months. 

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Know what argument makes me want to bludgeon my head against a thought cast wall 

“ I don’t want mowbray but I’m too scared as to who they would appoint next to want a change”

aghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

we are better than this, living in fear, no ambition 

I don't want to see him here anymore. He's totally fucked any chance of getting out of this league for another decade. 

I still am anxious about who will be his replacement though. Anyone that isn't hasn't been paying attention for the las ten years.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I feel like a new manager now is perfect timing (not that it will happen of course). We could really use that new manager bounce that often comes along, the honeymoon period. Might just be enough to squeeze us into the playoffs. If we continue with Mowbray, I can only see things continuing in the same vein and us definitely not making the playoffs. I don't think we will get this good a shot at the playoffs again for a long time. For me, it's time to roll the dice.

That said, I'm not interested in Johnson or Dunn for the top job. It probably wouldn't bring the new manager bounce because they are already known to the players, plus Johnson has zero senior managerial experience, whilst Dunn hasn't really succeeded with his senior managerial experience. I'm not one for the nostalgia of appointing an inexperienced manager just because he used to play for us, it's idiotic logic IMO. I don't know who is available right now though so I can't suggest anyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I feel like a new manager now is perfect timing (not that it will happen of course). We could really use that new manager bounce that often comes along, the honeymoon period. Might just be enough to squeeze us into the playoffs. If we continue with Mowbray, I can only see things continuing in the same vein and us definitely not making the playoffs. I don't think we will get this good a shot at the playoffs again for a long time. For me, it's time to roll the dice.

That said, I'm not interested in Johnson or Dunn for the top job. It probably wouldn't bring the new manager bounce because they are already known to the players, plus Johnson has zero senior managerial experience, whilst Dunn hasn't really succeeded with his senior managerial experience. I'm not one for the nostalgia of appointing an inexperienced manager just because he used to play for us, it's idiotic logic IMO. I don't know who is available right now though so I can't suggest anyone.

There's one standout candidate but Venkys don't do those.