BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

he is absolutely spot on DELUSIONAL😀

Myers is the bloke whose great idea to placate the supporters was to hold a tea party, and spent most of his tenure on sick leave.

As others have pointed out, note that he has not simply come out and said, “I have not spoken to the owners about Duncan Ferguson”.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gav said:

I find it very odd that you spend most days supporting 3 owners that couldn't give a fig about this about this football club. Owners that have destroyed Jack Walkers legacy, destroyed the reputation of this football club, destroyed businesses and lives of the people that live in this town.

Nowt as strange as football fans eh 😉

Anyway back to the managerial search, have we appointed Hasselbaink yet? 

Neatly dodged! 👍

58 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Myers is the bloke whose great idea to placate the supporters was to hold a tea party, and spent most of his tenure on sick leave.

As others have pointed out, note that he has not simply come out and said, “I have not spoken to the owners about Duncan Ferguson”.

F9212998-0EE7-4DE3-BDE5-717F927236E4.jpeg.7f349523a8cae9851786d20cb34eca3d.jpeg139B5D62-BC83-401B-B015-F83286734A35.thumb.jpeg.5b23b616100ffa0822315e83f33bb670.jpeg

• Backroom

Can you imagine if Myers came out and said 'yeah I've been advising the owners and their advisors to hire Big Dunc' ? - he's not stupid, lads. His answer would be the same either way. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Tricky said:

not the greatest football tho

25 minutes ago, USABlue said:

In my mind the outstanding candidate.

He's litterally managed our bitter rivals, he's had a huge pay off he can wait for another bottom end PL job or better run championship job, not a chance he has any interest in the job

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

he is absolutely spot on DELUSIONAL😀

Delusional

adjective

characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument

There’s only one person displaying that type of behaviour on here. Well, you and one other.

• Like 4

Dunc applied and wants it, stories are agent work in the hope of him getting a more serious look in. He's only "odds on favourite" because people have fallen for the story and placed a bet. That SkyBet market is completely market led, there's no insider info driving the odds there.

Now there's a dream team:

Manager - Duncan (Disorderly) Ferguson 

Assitant Manager - Sam (the ligament) Morsy

Academy Coach - Joey (cigar) Barton

Names like those give me nightmares. Joking aside have we really stooped so low that Blackburn Rovers, a family club with historical standards we cherish, should consider such a person as Ferguson to lead our club into the next season.

Sorry, if that happens then I'm really done with it all. Not in my name!

• Like 2

My £1 is on Critchley. I get the feeling he's one who doesn't want to be named because he's in a job. And for what it's worth I think he'd be an excellent addition.

• Moderation Lead
44 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

How many more pages of bickering will it be before an announcement is made? 

Hopefully not many more as it’s tiresome reading a lot of these posts.

Usual story, no meat on the bones, but plenty of telling people they’re talking complete shite. More of the former and none of the latter would be the dream ticket….

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

My £1 is on Critchley. I get the feeling he's one who doesn't want to be named because he's in a job. And for what it's worth I think he'd be an excellent addition.

I think either him or Liam Manning, both of whom would be decent (assuming Dyche/Carlos/Farke are a no-go).

I'm only guessing mind you.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think that would be a wise move by the club..

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Done an amazing job at the lashers. I would happily renew my season ticket based on this appointment.

• Like 5

Good chance Critchley will be bookies favourite by close of play today now and people will think its a done deal 😆

Mowbray leaving really has brought a lot of desperate ITK willy waving about, that alone is a key reason I hope we have someone in place by the end of the week (not confident of that mind).

Suppose they'll then move over to the transfer thread though.....roll on the new season.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Dunc applied and wants it, stories are agent work in the hope of him getting a more serious look in. He's only "odds on favourite" because people have fallen for the story and placed a bet. That SkyBet market is completely market led, there's no insider info driving the odds there.

I think the tweet from the Liverpool based reporter, (who apparently has a good track record),  had an impact on the odds.

43 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Maybe. I was thinking Ainsworth. I’m not sure Critchley would view the 2022 version of Rovers as much of a step up from Blackpool. He no doubt has a supportive chairman and a functional set up there.

On 27/05/2022 at 12:16, J*B said:

If the owners also need to speak to preferred candidates then we’re at long list stage, not shortlist. 

Then we are fucked, AGAIN 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

No that would be your assertion of a much improved club, Miller’s response neatly rebutted it. The club is in a big a mess as ever on what matters - ST sales, income, corporate sales, manager recruitment, remember these people who you lap up every utterance from were trying to flatten Brockhall for housing a mere 12 months ago- nice kits and a standard pitch repair is not what a club lives and dies on.

You need to separate being told something is better by those paid to say something is better, with actual reality.

I will tell you what Matty. Until you come up with appropriate evidence to rebut what you claim then I cant bring myself to accept your pov.

pitch - standard repair? you are completely wrong.

Income - its limited and the owner investment is there for all to see.

manager recruitment - just what else can the club do to appease you and others? Where is your evidence to support the claim it isnt organised? is it because Rovers are taking their time ? Where is your evidence to suggest that we are looking at a cheap option/wasting time and effort on a decent manager interviews/and that everything else is chaotic in the word of Ewood managerial appointment wise?

Brockhall - its well documented and is a nogoer so why are you hanging onto this? Claims that Mowbray/venus and co were out to make a killing are just utter shite, it didn't happen and they didn't get the money that so many were thinking was happening - again it is utter shite in the world of conspiracies and there is not one piece of credible evidence to support it.

If you seriously think that I lap up every word spoken out of Ewood again, you are seriously misguided. But hey, if that's your opinion you are very welcome to it. I am actually sated by the fact BRFCS.com has so many football experts who cant be wrong!

#pleaseputmeonignore

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

If Carvalhal is being offered £3.5m a year (tax-free), then I can't for the life of me see us coming anywhere close to that. Mowbray was allegedly on £750K a year.

Carvalhal's preference may be to manage in England, but I doubt he'd be willing to sacrifice £2m+ of his own wage to make it happen. If his supposed offer in the Middle East is real, I suspect we'll see Carvalhal out of the running for the Rovers job in the next day or two.

Huge promotion bonus maybe the only option. If he’s confident that he can deliver then maybe he would take a chance on a £2m promotion bonus or something like that. It would be a drop in the ocean if we went up.

• Like 1