BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Farke would be as good as we can get, but a couple of concerns after watching this...

He seemed to rely heavily on scouring the European market. Thanks to Brexit, that is a lot harder to do now.

He prefers a possession based approach. That worked badly for us in the season before last as we don't have the right personnel for it and demonstrated this season that our squad works better with a counter attacking style. That said, that may have been partly the manager lacking an actual plan of what to do with the ball in a possession game other than keep it, and perhaps the right players being brought in could also make it tick better.

On more positive notes, he seems to like to work with a DoF, which we want to bring in, and likes to bring through youth players, which is our greatest asset.

To be fair, we barely have a squad at the moment - we have two CMs on the books.

Assuming he takes the job he'll have asked for backing. He can pick up players that fit his style. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TruRover said:

If Farke was to come in people would have to accept that we wouldn’t see the results in his first season. He need a year and 3 transfer Windows to get the squad playing the way he likes - the way that got Norwich promoted twice 

I just want to see progress and the team playing towards a plan. 

• Like 2

I don't mind a new manager taking us on a journey. My issue with Mowbrays journey was we had to turn round about 5 times and start again and the bus kept breaking down on account of the wheels being square and the driver falling asleep at the wheel. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

And we should've been the first! (along with Man United).

I love Pedersen, but I'm still not over that. 

I still see him rising at the back post in my dreams...This time he heads it on target, it's about to go in and then I wake up in a cold sweat....

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, TruRover said:

If Farke was to come in people would have to accept that we wouldn’t see the results in his first season. He need a year and 3 transfer Windows to get the squad playing the way he likes - the way that got Norwich promoted twice 

If you look at the squad he inherited at Norwich, and the one he got promoted the season after, the most noticeable difference is that he promoted youth talent such as Aarons, Cantwell, Lewis, Godfrey.

If the powers that be are aware of this they'd unanimously want him on board, as close to a perfect fit as we're likely to find....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

That's purely due to the awful manager we had.

With a good manager we can play possession based football, we have the technical players to do it

I literally talked about the manager factor right after the part you quoted. I'm not at all convinced we do have the technical players for an effective possession style at present, they would need to be signed. We have Buckley, that's about it.

10 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I don't mind a new manager taking us on a journey. My issue with Mowbrays journey was we had to turn round about 5 times and start again and the bus kept breaking down on account of the wheels being square and the driver falling asleep at the wheel. 

Mowbray took us on a journey but forgot his map. And when he realised we were lost decided that we were never going to disneyland in the first place. A family with our budget should be happy with a trip to Hull.

• Like 3

Interesting we are now getting people saying that Carvalhal wasn't the right man for us because he's seemingly taking a well paid job in the UAE. Talk about him being a mercenary only motivated by money.

Farke was the manager of Krasnodar in Russia earlier this year....is that much different?

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

I still see him rising at the back post in my dreams...This time he heads it on target, it's about to go in and then I wake up in a cold sweat....

I was right in line with the header. It was going in right until it didn’t. How he missed that I’ll never know.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Interesting we are now getting people saying that Carvalhal wasn't the right man for us because he's seemingly taking a well paid job in the UAE. Talk about him being a mercenary only motivated by money.

Farke was the manager of Krasnodar in Russia earlier this year....is that much different?

I'd say the Russian league is significantly differently from the UAE set-up. 

Personally, I much prefer the idea of Farke to Carvalhal, the UAE job just confirms it for me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A good point - I'd say there's a potential difference in that Carvahal had options (including staying in Portugal). 

Perhaps Farke just hated the idea of being out of work, even if his reputation could've got him a better job. Certainly might explain why he's interested in the Rovers job!

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Mowbray took us on a journey but forgot his map. And when he realised we were lost decided that we were never going to disneyland in the first place. A family with our budget should be happy with a trip to Hull.

It's not the Fantasia era any more. 

Stop being so deluded. 

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes, for one the Russian league is more competitive. And to Farke's defense he walked away from Krasnodar six days after Russia invaded Ukraine, so not as if he's in the wrong morally here.

Carvalhal with a one-year deal will still attract a lot of interest after collecting his fat paycheck. Can't blame him really. The game (and sports at the highets level in general) has gone anyway, that's why I quite like life in the Championship that's still 'purer' than the EPL, UCL etc.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

In my view Carlos was probably told he couldn’t bring his own backroom team in, as well as the club interviewing a million people he probably got sick of waiting around. Nice deal for him for a year and next summer he can look to get back into English football if there’s anything better than our dysfunctional mess of a club available on the job front. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

I'd say the Russian league is significantly differently from the UAE set-up. 

Personally, I much prefer the idea of Farke to Carvalhal, the UAE job just confirms it for me.

I agree, that on balance I'd go with Farke before Carvalhal if both were open to the job and realistic options. I base that on his performance at Norwich, and partly on Carvalhal's short termism, and not on perceptions of Carvalhal as a result of his apparent move to the UAE.

Most unemployed managers will move where they get a good offer. That includes Middle East, Russia, China. I doubt Farke went off to distant Krasnodar for the fun of it, he'll have been offered a good deal, though to be fair he was principled enough to walk away after the invasion of Ukraine began.

I don't think Farke record is an improvement on Mowbrays to be honest, but he is a better option than most of the dross being touted around.

Appointing Carvalhal would have shown a club with serious intent, Farke shows a club with everything crossed he can pull rabbits out of hats and he's the cheaper option, should he sign. 

Same old sh1t, different managerial appointment, but I hope I'm wrong of course...

Edited by Gav

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don't think Farke record is an improvement on Mowbrays to be honest, but he is a better option than most of the dross being touted around.

Appointing Carvalhal would have shown a club with serious intent, Farke shows a club with everything crossed he can pull rabbits out of hats and he's the cheaper option, should he sign. 

Same old sh1t, different managerial appointment, but I hope I'm wrong of course...

👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

• Like 3

I do find it quite fun log in here after every single article that appears online with the latest exclusive of "insert name" close to being appointed as manager of "Insert Club" and seeing the meltdown that happens on these forums. It is crazy even though i am in my early 30's the instant gratification of each and every person wanting there man. The truth is regardless as to what is quoted in the press no one will know the outcome other than Venky's or Glen or Kamy who have always been absolutely incredible with their information and what they have shared. 

Asking these individuals to share their source as well and blaming or trying to create a stir is just weird and random to watch. Have you ever seen a journalist publicly announce their source? No...A source is a source for a reason. Either listen to what they say or don't you have every right to. But this forum is far too guilty of instead of engaging pointing fingers at one another. 

Season is over we have a big appointment on our hands. Carvahal is by far not my choice, he has never achieved much and i would have rather kept Mowbray if it was to have Carvahal. Farke for me is the stand out choice with a Director of Football. We have a huge core of good players if he is able to join, i do see Nyambe and Lenihan staying as well. 

• Like 1