BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

If you look at the squad he inherited at Norwich, and the one he got promoted the season after, the most noticeable difference is that he promoted youth talent such as Aarons, Cantwell, Lewis, Godfrey.

If the powers that be are aware of this they'd unanimously want him on board, as close to a perfect fit as we're likely to find....

I do wonder how exhausted our Academy currently is though.

We currently have Nyambe, Wharton, Lenihan, Buckley, Rankin-Costello and Travis all in the first team. It's unrealistic to expect the Academy to carry any more of the burden, at least in the short term. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

We currently have Nyambe, Wharton, Lenihan, Buckley, Rankin-Costello and Travis all in the first team. It's unrealistic to expect the Academy to carry any more of the burden, at least in the short term. 

Big difference between utilising the academy but being focused on results and promotion - which is what Farke had at Norwich - and then focusing on the academy as a means to avoid spending money on external players and being more interested in individual development than the overall success of the club - which is something I worry has happened here.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

The comparisons to Mowbray are even more stark Ossy, cheer for that.

If this lot manage to sign him up we'll see what transpires, he's a much better option than Hasselbaink and drunken Duncan thats for sure and someone I could support, which is half the battle. 

There isnt a comparison to be made between Farke and Mowbray.

Mowbray had a promotion 15 years ago the rest of his career it's been mediocrity or Failure.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, bboy said:

Had we beat Chelsea at old Trafford we'd of been one of the first teams to play at new Wembley 

I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure that FA Cup Final in 2007 was the first time any English sides had played there, think there had been an international game or two but no club football there. That semi final will always sting, how we didn’t win that game I’ll never know. Proud but heartbreaking day. 

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure that FA Cup Final in 2007 was the first time any English sides had played there, think there had been an international game or two but no club football there. That semi final will always sting, how we didn’t win that game I’ll never know. Proud but heartbreaking day. 

Wasn't David Bentley the first English man to score at the new Wembley - playing for England U21's?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think it's exhausted. All of the players you named had their debuts at least two seasons ago. We are almost certainly due the next crop coming through. Carter is also looking like he can be a solid option from the previous crop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Interesting we are now getting people saying that Carvalhal wasn't the right man for us because he's seemingly taking a well paid job in the UAE. Talk about him being a mercenary only motivated by money.

Farke was the manager of Krasnodar in Russia earlier this year....is that much different?

The Russian Premier League is ranked 10th in the UEFA co-efficient, ahead of Belgium, Turkey and all the Scandinavian leagues.

I can't find a FIFA equivalent, but most sites agree that the UAE Pro League is ranked below Serie B, Ligue 2 etc. 

It's not really comparable. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gav said:

This is Norwich City we're talking about matt, a club awash with Premiership money, players on eye water contracts, quality players at that, I'd have got Norwich promoted to be honest.

Has he worked with no budget and no players before? 

When Farke took over at Norwich they had to sell two players - Maddison and Murphy - for £40m to avoid going into administration. Farke spent £10m of that on the first promotion squad. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Do you think he'll get £10m to spend here alcd? 

He doesn't need that much money.  The squad is there. If Mowbray hadn't effed it up we could have been In Huddersfields position 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:
5 minutes ago, Gav said:

He doesn't need that much money.  The squad is there. If Mowbray hadn't effed it up we could have been In Huddersfields position 

without the beating by Forest in a play off final hopefully...

at least we'd have made history and off that crappy still never played at the new wembley list earlier in this thread though

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Gav said:

I don't think Farke record is an improvement on Mowbrays to be honest, but he is a better option than most of the dross being touted around.

Appointing Carvalhal would have shown a club with serious intent, Farke shows a club with everything crossed he can pull rabbits out of hats and he's the cheaper option, should he sign. 

Same old sh1t, different managerial appointment, but I hope I'm wrong of course...

Farke's record in this league is twice as good over about 1/3 the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I don't think Farke record is an improvement on Mowbrays to be honest, but he is a better option than most of the dross being touted around.

Appointing Carvalhal would have shown a club with serious intent, Farke shows a club with everything crossed he can pull rabbits out of hats and he's the cheaper option, should he sign. 

Same old sh1t, different managerial appointment, but I hope I'm wrong of course...

Is this a joke . Not an improvement on mowbray ??? Completely transformed Norwich with 2 promotions in 3 seasons in championship

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesnt make sense to me. Even Venkys wouldnt surely delegate interviews to Waggott and co aside from Farke and if that was the case, why would he then even need that interview with Waggott, if he has side stepped the general interview rat race?

Ultimately, until those bastards stop running this club, it seemingly will never be run normally and efficiently. Why cant they just get good qualified people in high positions and delegate properly?

I guess it come back to the trust issue and not trusting people at the club. If that is case then either trust Waggott or replace him with someone you do trust. If they want to be involve in the interview with Waggott then fine no problem cos that something I would do myself. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Id be pleasantly surprised if Farke was appointed and even more so if we had a reasonable transfer budget. The latest likely manager rumour changes with the wind and there have been 4 in 24 hours, the key is not to get carried away until someone finally is appointed on the official website. Up until then its all conflicting gossip and much of it is unfounded. 

If you could give the "x's blue and white army" treatment to a few less favourable candidates like Unsworth, Ferguson and Grayson, hopefully that will jinx them out of the running!

I wouldn't be surprise if Farke did turn up here as there isn't a lot of clubs looking for a new manager/head coach out there in England or Germany. He will want to get back in as soon as possible IMO before long. 

I said I want open minded on Ferguson and going to start complaining and moaning before actually given him a proper and fair chance just like I would with most managers/head coach we could appoint, 

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

At the end of the day Carvalhal has also apparently chosen to go and work in the UAE. A nothing league. It stinks of a lack of ambition.

A lot of people seem to have come to the conclusion that this is down to Rovers. But the truth is none of us know what discussions have been had. There are rumours he has been offered £3m+ a year to work there, which is over 3x the amount a Rovers manager will be on. Could it not simply be that Carvalhal wanted a pay day as opposed to some breakdown in the appointment process?

I want to reiterate again - he might be going to the UAE. We haven't lost him to a more proactive rival. It's money and money alone that makes professionals go there. I'm not overly bothered - if he'd rather compete for a pathetic league title like that as opposed to work in the most competitive leagues in the world then well done to him. He'll have his payday. We will move on.

He has only sign for 1 year there so I would expect he will be looking for a club in England again next season 

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Michael Beale who we been linked with supposedly getting it

Nixon said he was interview for the job

3 hours ago, BRFC_Polky said:

An interesting video on Daniel Farke at Norwich, quite a few free transfers signed. Finished 14th in his first season and given a chance to turn it round and succeeded. 

Quality video and shows the type of head coach we will appoint here this week

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Farke would be as good as we can get, but a couple of concerns after watching this...

He seemed to rely heavily on scouring the European market. Thanks to Brexit, that is a lot harder to do now.

He prefers a possession based approach. That worked badly for us in the season before last as we don't have the right personnel for it and demonstrated this season that our squad works better with a counter attacking style. That said, that may have been partly the manager lacking an actual plan of what to do with the ball in a possession game other than keep it, and perhaps the right players being brought in could also make it tick better.

On more positive notes, he seems to like to work with a DoF, which we want to bring in, and likes to bring through youth players, which is our greatest asset.

You can still sign players from the European market but they have to meet the rules in terms of point scoring. This is where a good quality Sporting Director along with a head of recruitment is needed. That will hopefully quickly after the appointment of the head coach. 

Yes he does possession based approach but its about fast moving the ball, movement and pressing high. Mowbray's style was slow and boring. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Screenshot_20220531-132537_Twitter.jpg

If we are still interviewing and speaking to candidates after the bank holiday then it is a utter shambles by the club owners, Waggott and others involved. We started interviewing 5 candidates and we see Michael Beale and Carlos Carvalhal from that list find other jobs. The process is now taking far too long and we don't seem able to put a first choice. This week should be about finalise your first choice contract, signing that contract then unveiling him to Media and Fans on Wednesday, the week after should be about bringing in head coach staff, sorting our pre-season training and friendly schedule plus appointing in a sporting director. 

27 minutes ago, Gav said:

But the key bit you miss out he sold 2 players for 40 million in James Maddison and Murphy. Look it up Gav, all the information is availablle on transfermarket.com

• Like 1

No Farke coming here according to the LT

Daniel Farke is also out of the frame, with the German understood to be in advanced talks with a Bundesliga club, having been linked with the vacant positions at both Schalke and Borussia Monchengladbach.

Two Farke quotes from the LT article posted above by Polky:

"I will only take on a project that I am 100 per cent convinced of and where I have the feeling that the club's ideas and mine are absolutely the same"

"I like it when I can take a club to a higher level. For example, forming a team from a middle-class club that can play in Europe. Or a Europa League team into a Champions League team. Taking the next step, the next level and winning mentality in a team, in a club, that's what excites me."

What are the chances that the 'club's' ideas and his ideas will be absolutely the same?

The bit in bold, there's absolutely no winning mentality from those at the top here and Farke isn't daft. He will realise that pretty sharpish.

Unless they are promising to back him and are going for promotion, it doesn't look likely that Farke will be coming here.

Edited by SuperBrfc