BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Probably true that we are planning more interviews. After speaking to those decent unattached options and them running a country mile when they realise what incompetence we have running this club we will end up back at square one and have to start the process again, only this time with the dross options.

Presumably they thought that quality managers like Farke and Carvalhal would ditch their loyal staff who have worked well with them for years and agree to come here and work with Benson and Lowe and no money. An appointment of Farke or Carvalhal would have put untold more on the season ticket sales and covered the additional expense involved in making other changes to the staff.

Spot on.

@RevidgeBlue Billionaire owners eh

Just now, Waggy76 said:

I wonder , how long will it be before Mowbray enters the betting list ??

I’d love to know what the general feeling is on fans with my unofficial game, titled “Tony or…” 

Current top 5 on SkyBet is…

Tony or Duncan Ferguson? 
Tony or Farke? 
Tony or Ainsworth? 

Tony or Carvahal? 
Tony or Manning? 
Tony or Carrick?

Tony or Warne? 

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’d love to know what the general feeling is on fans with my unofficial game, titled “Tony or…” 

Tony or Duncan Ferguson? 
Tony or Farke? 
Tony or Ainsworth? 

Tony or Carvahal? 
Tony or Manning? 
Tony or Carrick?

Tony or Warne? 

Honest answer.

Not Tony 

• Like 5

Ferguson and unsworth are disasters waiting to happen. If they were anywhere near good enough Everton would have given them a chance at some point even on a short term basis. Ainsworth to me might be a good option but the Vs will go cheap. 

• Like 1

If the LT is to be believed, that's both Farke and Carvalhal out of the running now.

Did any of us honestly expect it to go any other way? I think many of us were hoping things might be different this time, whilst still being wary, but once again the pretenders have managed to disappoint. How many more golden opportunities do this lot want?

A serious manager only needs one conversation with those at Ewood and in Pune to realise what's what. No ambition, no winning mentality. "Thanks, but no thanks". There's no way you are getting a proper manager on the cheap.

The whole lot of them are only good for talking a good game and making it seem as though exciting changes are happening. When it comes to the crunch they literally fail to put their money where their mouth is. Again and again.

Cheap, underwhelming appointment incoming, as was probably the idea all along.

I've got visions of Adkins having them falling over themselves to put a contract before him with his ultra positive spiel. That guy can talk a massive game. If he gets an interview, he'll have them thinking they've got a Klopp in the building.

I can't wait 😞.

• Like 4

Good luck to Farke in the Bundesliga, hard to compete with any club offering top level football.

That said Schalke 04 (if it is Schalke) aren't the most stable of clubs, particularly now the Gazprom money has dried up. Interestingly too, Schalke is where David Wagner's career took a downward spiral, so we'll watch with interest.

As for Rovers, Farke and Carvahal my clear top two preferred choices. Who now?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

So to conclude, none of the 4 names mentioned in the last 24 hours are going to get the job and we are no closer to knowing. Farke and Carvalhal have gone elsewhere. Shambles of a club.

As I've been saying since the very start, there's been zero chance of those two turning up, it's been nonsense from the beginning.

The perspective to have is not that we're interviewing candidates it's that they are interviewing us!

What they're learning enables them to say F.O. straightaway. Shambles of a board, the Venky's as owners, no playing staff and no money, I'm stunned we're stunned.

We will end up with an untried wannabe, a roll of the dice. Pathetic but predictable.

Best of the worst alternatives is Ainsworth, nightmare option is Ferguson. Guess who's turning up. If its Duncan Disorderly then after 6 decades I'm off, enough is enough.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

Tony or Duncan Ferguson? 
Tony or Farke? 
Tony or Ainsworth? 

Tony or Carvahal? 
Tony or Manning? 
Tony or Carrick?

Tony or Warne? 

I'm still very much 'anyone but Tony'. Sure we could end up with worse but it's still time to roll the dice..

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, andyroversmad said:

May as well give the Dortmund under 21's manger an interview. 

Isn't that where both Wagner and Farke came from before heading to England to mange Hudds and Norwich 

we need the Wolf...

7 minutes ago, andyroversmad said:

May as well give the Dortmund under 21's manger an interview. 

Isn't that where both Wagner and Farke came from before heading to England to mange Hudds and Norwich 

It's also where Huddersfield got Jan Siewert from though. That didn't go well.

15 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

At this stage, my money is on woodgate, they have totally ballsed up carvalhal, shambles.

farke I said would be my number 1 right at the start however he was more interested in a job back in Germany as appears the case 

Woodgate and Cocu have been the two to keep an eye on for me.. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You can still sign players from the European market but they have to meet the rules in terms of point scoring. This is where a good quality Sporting Director along with a head of recruitment is needed. That will hopefully quickly after the appointment of the head coach. 

Yes he does possession based approach but its about fast moving the ball, movement and pressing high. Mowbray's style was slow and boring. 

I know that, I've had several discussions about it on here which I'm fairly sure you were part of. My point wasn't that it can't be done, it's that it's now harder. If his recruitment has relied on European recruitment in the past, it will now suffer from more limited options there.

Again I didn't say possession football can't work, I already acknowledged in the post you quoted that the manager's ability with that approach was likely a factor. Not sure why two posters felt the need to point out to me what I had already pointed out. Our players are also a bit technically limited for that approach, Buckley aside. Recruitment will have to fix those gaps and then hopefully our other players can cope enough to fit around it without being liabilities. I guess our most forward players could fare a lot better in that style this time despite their limited passing ability, just by being coached properly on movement (in a passing style game) in the final third. That was a big area of failure in the Mowbray possession season, we would just pass it around the box all game with no movement or penetration inside it. Until the opposition snatched it, took it down the other end and buttfucked us. God it was shit.

35 minutes ago, J*B said:

Tony or Duncan Ferguson? 
Tony or Farke? 
Tony or Ainsworth? 

Tony or Carvahal? 
Tony or Manning? 
Tony or Carrick?

Tony or Warne? 

Very easy game until it gets to Tony or Gonorrhoea and then we have a decision to make. 

• Like 7

I have read the LT article twice now and it said that second interviews will be 3 candidates and its that they haven't approach anyone in jobs. 

I would guess Cocu and Woodgate have made it and I wouldn't be surprise if someone like Grayson or Xisco Munoz is the other one. 

I am gutted that Farke appears to be going to Gladbach and Carvalhal gone UAE. Both would have been great appointment and a sign of intent about promotion for me. Plus would attract fans to buy ST for the coming season and beyond. 

44 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

Might be time to consider the Queen's Park manager from up in Scotland. Took over mid-season and guiding them to the Championship for the first time in decades. 

Who gives a shit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have read the LT article twice now and it said that second interviews will be 3 candidates and its that they haven't approach anyone in jobs. 

I would guess Cocu and Woodgate have made it and I wouldn't be surprise if someone like Grayson or Xisco Munoz is the other one. 

I am gutted that Farke appears to be going to Gladbach and Carvalhal gone UAE. Both would have been great appointment and a sign of intent about promotion for me. Plus would attract fans to buy ST for the coming season and beyond. 

If it was Cocu, Woodgate and Grayson as a final 3, id rather have Mowbray than any and thats saying something. 

Surprised that Rich Sharpe didnt list all 47 linked managers for you. Ultimately nobody knows anything.

Screenshot_20220531-164132_Twitter.jpg

• Like 6

On 30/05/2022 at 12:25, TimmyJimmy said:

Re Wagner ...

This is the barsteward who fielded a team of youth team kids against Birmingham in the 2017 season in order to strengthen Huddersfield's play off chances.

They were so BAD that despite going down to 10 men Birmingham still won!

For those with short memories Birmingham under Rednapp were relegation candidates along with us and they finished 2 points clear of us because of that match. We go down on goal difference despite tubbing Brentford away.

Scandalous for Wagner to do that on the penultimate game of the season and he deserved shooting for that. The authorities let him get away with it of course.

If his lousy cheating body ever gets within 100 miles of the managers desk at Rovers I'll be blazing.

Newt wrong with that, how is that his fault ? Why should be pick his teams on the concerns of others who have only themselves to blame ? In fact if Mowbray hadn’t been such a loser by losing to a Barnsley team on the beach and drawing to a poor wolves team on the beach and had gone for it like he did when it was too little too late then we would have stayed up before the Brentford game, remember us winning at forest away on good Friday then going into Barnsley at home outside the bottom 3 perfect opportunity to go and win before playing another team on the beach but like we saw season just gone Mowbray didn’t have the motivation ability nor bottle to take the golden chances when they came hence why season just gone we lost out on the play offs by getting beat and drawing to sides we should have tubbed aka reading and peterbrough