BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

I said to the boy on the final home game of the season that whilst we agreed TM had run his course Venkys have an habit of replacing one manager with one even worse … then I read the links to Farke Carvahal and think maybe not .. he we are 1st June with no manager and those 2 now apparently out of the running a list of potentials that are distinctly average to uninspiring 

Usual rubbish playing out as expected. Some prick had the foresight to decide Mowbray wasn't what was needed and swerved every opportunity to engage in contract discussions. Ok, so that had the desired effect. Off he trots and we preserve the coffers and avoid a pay off and a play off. But it seems the forward planning stopped there. Beggars belief. Surely to God these clowns can't be this daft? Did nobody take 5 minutes to consider the next man they wanted in? And yet it's no surprise whatsoever. 

Not a single name linked fills me with much hope. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

It suggests to me that someone wants to go down the D of F / Sporting Director route, but that is more of a medium term aspiration than a firm plan that is being followed.

It is probably an appointment that is awaiting ratification from India, and until they agree to go with such a structure instead we will just have to focus efforts on getting the manager in, which is a position they will already be well familiar with. 

It just makes no sense in any way for the club to spend weeks, even months, interviewing all and sundry only to then bring in a director who might not like or want the manager or vice versa. 

Largely agree, but it surely makes a huge difference if they are telling candidates they will be a Head Coach rather than a manager, depending on the level of responsibility and autonomy?

With the 2 standout candidates having seen right through the charade presented to them, this once again has the stench of lack of ambition, mediocrity and more dumbing down.

I'd question if either Carvalhal or Farke could get this club promoted, but purely from on a personal point of view I could support the new regime, hold my nose and buy season tickets, but that ship now seems to have sailed.

So what are we left with?

A bargain bucket, pound shop appointment and our season ticket money staying in the bank. 

Nobody is going to convince me this isn't orchestrated.

Venkys Out

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

With the 2 standout candidates having seen right through the charade presented to them, this once again has the stench of lack of ambition, mediocrity and more dumbing down.

I'd question if either Carvalhal or Farke could get this club promoted, but purely from on a personal point of view I could support the new regime, hold my nose and buy season tickets, but that ship now seems to have sailed.

A bargain bucket, pound shop appointment and our season ticket money staying in the bank. 

Venkys Out

Could still be Ainsworth? 

24 minutes ago, Gav said:

Venkys Out

See here's the thing for me Gav is it does seem orchestrated. If it was just random cluelessness then statically they would have got one appointment right by now. 

I thought they had with Lambert, but credit to Venkys, they could spot a dud quicker than I could on that score. 

I'm not sure in Rovers history we have ever had such a bad run of managers. Certainly not in my lifetime. Nor can I ever recall another club of similar size having such a run of poor managers, which I think speaks volumes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

Could still be Ainsworth? 

Critchely or Ainsworth I would take from here. In fact fuck it I would take them at any point looking at the list of managers Venkys have previously employed, should never have kidded myself that Farke or Carvahal would happen. This has Woodgate written all over it.. 

• Like 1

Despite what Sharpe says I really can't see us all of a sudden going for managers under contract at other clubs at this stage, we won't even pay compensation to get Lowe and Benson off the books so we're not going to pay a club for a manager when there is plenty out there that will have no fee.

Woodgate or Cocu. I'm convinced it will be one of those.

• Like 7

Its will be very interesting few days now where Rovers go with their search for our head coach. Let's see who get link to our head coach job. 

Now its appears that Farke has gone elsewhere and Carvalhal has gone to the UAE. So where do Rovers look now and where are looking for the next head coach?

I don't know who I want to be our head coach but I know who I don't want tho. We need this next appointment to be show of intent and ambition plus someone who can build on last season 8th finish and get us into the top 6 even top 2. 

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I'm not sure in Rovers history we have ever had such a bad run of managers. Certainly not in my lifetime. Nor can I ever recall another club of similar size having such a run of poor managers, which I think speaks volumes. 

See, I get a bit weary of this. 

For all that Mowbray choked in the home straight and a parting of the ways was correct so that hopefully someone new could come in and take us further, you also can't argue that according to last seasons football league pyramid we ended up the 28th best team in the country which, given pre-season message board belief that relegation was coming, means we out performed expectations (I know as well as anyone we could and should have got in the play offs so no need for anyone to open that can of worms again).

Mowbray has many faults and was ultimately too limited and found wanting but your comments above do seem a little hyperbolic. Now Kean, Coyle etc. are an entirely different argument...  

Now come on Venky's - surprise us with a new manager we can all get behind and look to the future with optimism.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ricky said:

What about the other Championship and Premier League teams who haven’t played there yet?

There’s another 4 in the Championship and Prem.

Don’t forget that they all probably played Spurs when they were lodging there.

• Like 4

This new manager malarky is not all that it seems!

Venkys cant of got to where they are by being this incompetent.

Lets be a bit more patient for a few more days and see how it pans out ... after all, like many, renewing my season ticket is resting on it

Edited by pomster

Let’s chill….a process like this can easily take 4 weeks. If ‘the plan’ was to go through a rigorous process of application and two part interview then they’re likely just on with it, the bank holidays this week won’t have helped with banks, solicitors etc shut down.

There’s nothing wrong either with shortlists growing if great candidates come on the market. The main focus is to get the right man and as far as I can see, the two primary targets haven’t committed to anyone in spite of the media speculation.

Let’s see who we get 👊🏼

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

See, I get a bit weary of this. 

Dunno why. Seems absolutely bang on to me.

If you look at the list of managers appointed under Venkys, they're a laughing stock.

Never happened before in my long  history of following Rovers. Blue Blood has it right doesn't he?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pomster said:

This new manager malarky is not all that it seems!

Venkys cant of got to where they are by being this incompetent.

Lets be a bit more patient for a few more days and see how it pans out ... after all, like many, renewing my season ticket is resting on it

Which is what I've emailed rovers to say. Not the praising of Venkys competence  but more asking if they are actually trying to actively reduce season ticket sales with this nonsense 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Let’s chill….a process like this can easily take 4 weeks. If ‘the plan’ was to go through a rigorous process of application and two part interview then they’re likely just on with it, the bank holidays this week won’t have helped with banks, solicitors etc shut down.

There’s nothing wrong either with shortlists growing if great candidates come on the market. The main focus is to get the right man and as far as I can see, the two primary targets haven’t committed to anyone in spite of the media speculation.

Let’s see who we get 👊🏼

But players will be signing for some other club in the meantime won't they? That's what's wrong with it.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Let’s see who we get 👊🏼

Are we in some kind of parallel universe? In the last 12 years can you tell me;

• What the 'plan' has been?
  • Which 'great candidates' we have had as Rovers manager or even as part of any interview process let alone in the hot seat?
  • When the focus has been on getting the 'right man' in charge?
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Gavrover said:

Which is what I've emailed rovers to say. Not the praising of Venkys competence  but more asking if they are actually trying to actively reduce season ticket sales with this nonsense 

Hmm .... Sometimes i wonder if the Venkys, Maggot and co dont want a fan base? Some psycho keeps leaning on the self distruct button

• Like 1

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Don’t forget that they all probably played Spurs when they were lodging there.

I believe it's only Newcastle and Bournemouth that have only played there via that route.

All the other clubs in top 2 leagues have played there legitimately in the usual competitions.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

But players will be signing for some other club in the meantime won't they? That's what's wrong with it.

They’re stuck between a rock and a hard thing mate. Get this appointment wrong just to make sure you sign ‘Barry Bannan on a free’ is a far worse option.

The manager and DOF appointed in the next few days, a week will shape the progress of the team for the next 1-5yrs. It needs to be got right.

Also, I don’t think there’s many signings flying about, most players and managers are on holiday.