BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

And everybody handles it differently, some with anger, frustration, disgust or like you just roll with it. Telling people to chill is quite antagonist when they are not of that ilk. 

Sound, be upset then. That’s your choice though…your choice to be angry and upset about things you cannot control. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

May I ask how many high level appointments you’ve made in any industry?

We have clients who have 6 point recruitment processes, including psych testing etc for jobs paying much less, with less profile.

A friend of mine applied for the England under 21 job and had three interviews before they binned him!

I had a 7 stage interview process once, made it to stage 7 then didn't get the job. What a complete waste of money & time for everyone involved. I swear most of it is people wanting to feel powerful and/or justifying their existence 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Sound, be upset then. That’s your choice though…your choice to be angry and upset about things you cannot control. 

People aren't getting upset about the length of time it's taking per se, more that the tortuous process employed seems bound to put off any worthwhile candidates.

31 minutes ago, martonrover said:

A two part interview is just not the normal way a club would go about appointing a new manager / head coach.

You go after your preferred candidate and make every effort to get them. If you fail with your first choice, you repeat with the second choice, and so on.

All the method we are using achieves is to annoy any half decent candidate.

Add to that the confusion surrounding the Director of Football role.

I don't mind the interviewing process at all but its the time it has taken now. Today should be day we should be announcing the new head coach and allowing him 10 days to bring his own staff in. 

from what we know that LT is telling the fan base that the club has interview 8 candidates whilst you have Glen and I seen others on other social media sites saying Farke is first choice and he has been talks with Rovers owners for over 2 months. So I question what the hell is going on at Blackburn Rovers and who is actually in charge of this head coach search and the process behind it. 

Where and who Rovers look at now I don't know tbh. 

9 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Bilic would easily be in my top few candidates by the way! so much attention has been put on farke and carvalhal that people are just completely ignoring other good proven available managers out there!

He wasn’t a success in his last job, West Brom I think. 

49 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

May I ask how many high level appointments you’ve made in any industry?

We have clients who have 6 point recruitment processes, including psych testing etc for jobs paying much less, with less profile.

A friend of mine applied for the England under 21 job and had three interviews before they binned him!

and I had to go through a rigorous, multi stage process for my job, but this is not the same.

The normal recruitment process for a higher level football club is to go after someone.

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Wouldn't really 'back it up'. Those details can be fabricated with the same ease as you allude that the reports that have come out may have been. Anybody could make up those details. Either you trust what the reporters are saying, or you don't. There's not much point asking them to back it up.

If they can't add substance too it there isn't much point in them writing it.

Sooner people realize it's just column inches the less disappointment there'd be.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't mind the interviewing process at all but its the time it has taken now. Today should be day we should be announcing the new head coach and allowing him 10 days to bring his own staff in. 

from what we know that LT is telling the fan base that the club has interview 8 candidates whilst you have Glen and I seen others on other social media sites saying Farke is first choice and he has been talks with Rovers owners for over 2 months. So I question what the hell is going on at Blackburn Rovers and who is actually in charge of this head coach search and the process behind it. 

........but, but, but... you said many times there was a "plan"!!

You mean there isn't actually a "plan".

I'm very disappointed

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

"It's impossible that happiness and yearning for what is not present should ever be united" 

If venkys have taught us anything (and brutal teachers they would be) it would be the folly of becoming emotionally invested in something over which we have no control. We all want our club back, ie owned by people that care and know what they're doing. That's all I ask. It's all about having hope, something to bond over. 

"when love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece" i like to think I know a bit about football. If I owned the club after the walker Trust, I like to think I would've kept it in the the prem. Possibly that's the durning kruger speaking, maybe not. But certainly what we have now in these owners ain't love and it's definitely not skill, and fuck me, it ain't no masterpiece. 

I think there's an unspoken covenant at all football clubs that keeps them functional. The fans will turn up and support, the manager and team will prepare thoroughly and do their best on matchday, and the owners will do their best to appoint the right people and back them. Well blow me, we've never had all three at venkys, and at times we've just had the one. They've thrown our covenant on the bonfire

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A bit of a contradiction there Chaddy.

What did you expect? Choosing the process they did meant it was inevitable that it would take too long.

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

A bit of a contradiction there Chaddy.

What did you expect? Choosing the process they did meant it was inevitable that it would take too long.

We know from the LT time line that 8 candidates were interviewed last week. 

Now for me, Waggott and Pasha should have said these are 3 we want to Second interview to the owners. The owners authorise this to happen on the Saturday. So you line up the 3 candidates to be interview on Sunday and Monday Morning at Stanley House for example. Then you speak to the Owners by phone or video call/skype to recommend who you think the chosen Candidate should be and then you arrange a meeting with that candidate and his agent where you agree personal terms, footballing budget and how many staff they can bring in. Plus show them around the Club ground and training ground. 

12 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Automatic promotion in his only full season and then sacked in December after a poor start in the Premier League.

We should be dismissing the likes of Farke, Dyce and Wagner as contenders if being a success in the Championship but struggling in the Premier League counts as a failure.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What other football club interviews the number of candidates that we are supposed to have interviewed ? All that tells me is they don’t know what they are doing. I’m expecting a repeat of the Coyle/Warnock fiasco.

Maybe look at how many candidates QPR have interviewed in the past months. Rumours form media reports they interviewed Liam Manning, Sol Campbell, James Rowberry, Tim Sherwood, Michael Beale. Maybe even more, 

15 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

So you just dismiss the rest of his managerial career after one job where it didn't really work? Sometimes a good manager can simply be a poor fit for a club. 

17 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

He got them promoted which I’d say is success, then was sacked a few months in to the premier league season which was seen by many as a harsh move. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

They’re stuck between a rock and a hard thing mate. Get this appointment wrong just to make sure you sign ‘Barry Bannan on a free’ is a far worse option.

The manager and DOF appointed in the next few days, a week will shape the progress of the team for the next 1-5yrs. It needs to be got right.

Also, I don’t think there’s many signings flying about, most players and managers are on holiday.

You're talking as if I meant "now" I'm wondering if we will be kept waiting too long while other clubs sign players. Venkys are notoriously slow to reach decisions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

They've run multi million pound, successful businesses over decades. I’d imagine that’s enough ‘history’ to suggest they can get it right here, one day!

I live in eternal hope!! 😀

Not this one though.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe look at how many candidates QPR have interviewed in the past months. Rumours form media reports they interviewed Liam Manning, Sol Campbell, James Rowberry, Tim Sherwood, Michael Beale. Maybe even more, 

Agreed, also seems a bit convoluted, but probably without the added complication of the owners conducting their own search, seemingly almost in competition with the Waggott led one. 
We still have the possibility of a cheap and cheerful HSH dinosaur being appointed via a direct approach to Venkys.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You usually tell us you aren’t interested in whatever other clubs are doing. Seem to when it suits your narrative though.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We know from the LT time line that 8 candidates were interviewed last week. 

Now for me, Waggott and Pasha should have said these are 3 we want to Second interview to the owners. The owners authorise this to happen on the Saturday. So you line up the 3 candidates to be interview on Sunday and Monday Morning at Stanley House for example. Then you speak to the Owners by phone or video call/skype to recommend who you think the chosen Candidate should be and then you arrange a meeting with that candidate and his agent where you agree personal terms, footballing budget and how many staff they can bring in. Plus show them around the Club ground and training ground. 

Or...don't piss around in the first place, go straight for the number one choice, and do what you can to land them.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Or...don't piss around in the first place, go straight for the number one choice, and do what you can to land them.

Yes you could have done if you wanted. 

But I would have wanted to speak 6 candidates and whether they fit the club's footballing strategy and then pick one from those interviews

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes you could have done if you wanted. 

But I would have wanted to speak 6 candidates and whether they fit the club's footballing strategy and then pick one from those interviews

The Venkys have a strategy???

• Like 2