BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

Winning 2 years out of 2 with Malmö is very impressive. Especially when they only had won 6 out of 28 previously.

I think JDT is plenty food enough for us.

Some fans need to realise we are not Barcelona.

Anybody with a seat that faces the pitch would have already realised that.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'd rather watch dire football in the PL than dross in League One and the Championship.

Unfortunately I've not been gifted with the superpower of foresight, so I didn't realise at the time those were our only two options. 

4 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Winning 2 years out of 2 with Malmö is very impressive. Especially when they only had won 6 out of 28 previously.

I think JDT is plenty food enough for us.

Some fans need to realise we are not Barcelona.

Have people been calling for world class managers and demanding European football that I have missed?

Or is it just people having differing opinions on the potential appointment of a manager with not much experience in management which is mixed between 3 differing experiences.

• Like 4

If it is a JDT/Broughton combo then here's no way to guess how good or bad it will be. We just need to see how it goes.

On the + side JDT has won trophies and managed in the CL, and Broughton has been involved in building success at Bodo/Glimt

On the - Broughton is doing a total new role for him and the club as DoF, and JDT has only a couple of years experience at a well resourced major club in the Swedish league. How transferable that is into the somewhat wacky world of Rovers is a mystery.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

On the - Broughton is doing a total new role for him and the club as DoF, and JDT has only a couple of years experience at a well resourced major club in the Swedish league. How transferable that is into the somewhat wacky world of Rovers is a mystery.

Amusingly, on the basis of that, forum favourite Woodgate excels, I still think with JDT its a huge risk. 

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If it is a JDT/Broughton combo then here's no way to guess how good or bad it will be. We just need to see how it goes.

On the + side JDT has won trophies and managed in the CL, and Broughton has been involved in building success at Bodo/Glimt

I’ve got to be honest. I can’t think of one manager who I honestly think would be a success at Rovers under the current owners. We’re set up for failure that deeply.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

there is`nt any money in swedish football,compared to malmo rovers are absolutely minted,all the clubs in sweden have to rely on players coming through the system,jdt should be used to having to work with that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

He was offered a 3 year contract on Friday according to the press 

I've seen that on Friday

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I've lost interest the more time has passed since it became clear that the Club was unwilling or unable to agree to the removal of Mowbray's coaching staff.

If that is for footballing reasons then we have Venkys, Pasha or Waggott imposing staff on managers who are better qualified to judge such things. 

If this is for financial reasons we might as well go home because the cost of doing this is chicken feed in the scheme of things.

If we have undertaken this 'search' on the basis that contenders for the job have to agree to work with those already here then we have not undertaken a thorough search. We have unnecessarily restricted and hindered our options.

Tomasson may be good, may be bad, I don't really care. The incompetents above him and Mowbray's staff below him are still here which is a bigger issue IMO. 

I'll wish him the best, it's certainly a more 'interesting' appointment than the dross we've seen on the list but it also isn't an appointment that suggests excitement or ambition either.

I would imagine Jon Dahl Tomasson will want a few staff with him. So lets see what will happened regarding Benson and Lowe future when JDT comes here

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Don't forget his coaching experience as number 2 for Denmark where he spent over 3 years there. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, damo100 said:

However, his football was absolutely dire, imo it wasn't sacking him that was the problem it's who replaced him.

I never found beating premier league teams anything other than extremely satisfying. Scoring more goals than them was what football is all about.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there is`nt any money in swedish football,compared to malmo rovers are absolutely minted,all the clubs in sweden have to rely on players coming through the system,jdt should be used to having to work with that

This. 

Having watched top flight football in Sweden it certainly does not impress me. Its poor fair tbh and apart from the likes of Djurgarden, AIK and Malmo the rest would struggle in the English championship or even lower. 

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If Sam's football was 'absolutely dire' then words fail me about some of the sheer dross I think we had to put up with in huge parts of five and a half years with Mowbray. 

I'd rather watch dire football in the PL than dross in League One and the Championship.

If Sam had been given the 5+ years Mowbray had, I think we would have become an established top 8 PL side.

Sam took Bolton to the verge of Champions' League and if Gartside  had given Sam the backing he wanted he wouldn't have left and look what happened when he did leave - perhaps a worse journey than even Rovers.

As Bolton became more established their football got better and better (as I'm sure it would have done with us).  Players such as Ngotty, Hierro, Campo, Djorkaeff, Okocha, Anelka etc were all quality footballers who provided some quality football. 

If Venky's could only turn the clock back................................

Complete fantasy to think Allardyce would’ve been interested in staying much longer than he did. He’d been there and got the t-shirt with Bolton and often said he could do it at much bigger clubs. Newcastle was a huge blow to his ego and we were always just a temporary stepping stone on the road back to where he thought he belonged.

47 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

That's probably even worse, for me. We do have young players who need to come through, especially with our weak budget, but we also need to rebuild half our squad. We could do with a manager with a decent record in the market, although presumably that's mostly going to be in the hands of our new DoF. Whose experience....oh...is mostly with bringing youngsters through too.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I mean well resourced compared to their competitors in their league

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That's probably even worse, for me. We do have young players who need to come through, especially with our weak budget, but we also need to rebuild half our squad. We could do with a manager with a decent record in the market, although presumably that's mostly going to be in the hands of our new DoF. Whose experience....oh...is mostly with bringing youngsters through too.

on the positive side,jdt will no doubt have some contacts in scandanavia and holland,more important for me is the fact he can`t possibly be as moribund as mowbray on the tactics side,iv`e always found former attacking players make better managers

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, matt83 said:

The more I think about it the Venkys + swag + a rookie dof + a fairly green manager (if it is tomasson) + existing underwhelming coaches = disaster.

Eek don't put it like that, bit scary! (Also, plus half a squad gone)

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Eek don't put it like that, bit scary! (Also, plus half a squad gone)

The best manager is one sitting in the seat. Otherwise they will be training themselves.

Just roll the dice and get on with it. Good to have a DOF who  favours youth.

Announce this week and get the show on the road. It won’t be Pulis or Pardew so we are good. shame it won’t be Dyche but I will take a bet on new blood. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Complete fantasy to think Allardyce would’ve been interested in staying much longer than he did. He’d been there and got the t-shirt with Bolton and often said he could do it at much bigger clubs. Newcastle was a huge blow to his ego and we were always just a temporary stepping stone on the road back to where he thought he belonged.

Didn’t he take over after we finished 7th with Mark Hughes? What bigger club would he had gone for?