BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

I'm sure you're right. I've worked in toxic workplaces before and it sucks the life out of you. There's no way in earth you can give it your best, you can't even feel relaxed. 

I'm sure the VC are just used to handing out orders and binning people off who don't jump to attention. But you'll never get the best out of people like that

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Don't see the 37 year old bruiser of a centre half fitting the play it out from the back style so if he starts soon maybe a change in style is underway.

Do any of our players suit the play it out from the back style ?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

footballers always look after their own interests,there will be a rush to get out of the building come the end of the season,szmodics the first out of the door

Aye and the Rao rabble will also have one eye (the dicks) on the value of a player who has led the scoring charts in the division for much of the season to date. Sammie has added some value to his potential fee, there is no doubt and there will be no shortage of suitors looking to bring his prowess and workrate to their club. Having said that, a relegation doesn't look good on a player's cv either, so perhaps it is time for player power to start influencing what is happening on the pitch, and for the back line and midfield to grow a pair of big hairy balls and sort that shit out so that we aren't such a powder puff liability with even the most mincemeat attacks. If we don't do something, the game against the barcodes in the FA cup could be a very prominent embarrassment for us all.. just saying 😞

VENKY CONG OUT!

RAO RABBLE OUT!

Steven Waggott OUT!

SORTTHEFOOKINDEFENCEOUTANDPLAYLIKEYOUWANTTOWIN IN!!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Aye and the Rao rabble will also have one eye (the dicks) on the value of a player who has led the scoring charts in the division for much of the season to date. Sammie has added some value to his potential fee, there is no doubt and there will be no shortage of suitors looking to bring his prowess and workrate to their club. Having said that, a relegation doesn't look good on a player's cv either, so perhaps it is time for player power to start influencing what is happening on the pitch, and for the back line and midfield to grow a pair of big hairy balls and sort that shit out so that we aren't such a powder puff liability with even the most mincemeat attacks. If we don't do something, the game against the barcodes in the FA cup could be a very prominent embarrassment for us all.. just saying 😞

VENKY CONG OUT!

RAO RABBLE OUT!

Steven Waggott OUT!

SORTTHEFOOKINDEFENCEOUTANDPLAYLIKEYOUWANTTOWIN IN!!

Actually we're the viet cong in this scenario and venkys are the oppressive invasive Americans. 

And we all know who won that one.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Actually we're the viet cong in this scenario and venkys are the oppressive invasive Americans. 

And we all know who won that one.

Yes, you are quite right - I've just latched on to an idea put out there by a much brighter contributor to these forums than me. I agree we need to adopt a siege mentality in order to repel the pseudo imperialist occupation by the faceless cowards of Pune and their proxies. No doubt in my mind that we are at war, for the future of our club. I am confident that we will, ultimately, win. But the bitter pill we have to endure in the interim is sooooo hard to swallow, and almost impossible to digest. 

Philosophy 1 VenkyRaos 0

VENKYRAOs OUT!

• Like 2

Head Coaches should be easier to change than actual managers as they don't run the football dept and just work with what they are given.

Probably why many champ clubs are going down this route however it also creates a myriad of other problems as we are finding out.  If JDT went the very best you could expect would be only his right hand man going with him.

Whoever comes next will work with the same coaching.fitness staff that is already in place unless any chose to walk.

Another downside to the model but a cheaper one for clubs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DVX1QlWX5W4

Good watch this. Shows how the entire playing style/philosophy of the club from Academy to First Team is built around having a 6 & two 8’s in midfield. So for the first team it was built around Adam Wharton.

No wonder JDT is fuming as he’s gone ahead of time and not been replaced so we’re starting from scratch again. 

Do think Buckley has the ability to play that role when he’s fit though & Ayari could possibly do it too.

Explains why Travis wasn’t favoured because he hasn’t got the footballing ability to play a 6 and he’s not good enough in forward areas to play an 8. 

GB is interviewed and comes across really well, he’s clearly passionate and heavily invested in the youth development model and a Rovers Academy that is a proven success.

Venky’s however are killing the entire model that GB & JDT have worked so hard to put in place because of their financial issues and cutting of the budget. Makes it impossible for us to ever progress with the Rao Family at the helm.

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
  • Like 6

Buckley won't be ready for a while but they'll probably rush him back and he'll get re-injured.

Point is though he'll be better in the Wharton role than Moran !

JDT really is just going to have to change things up though and leave the style that has made a major contribution to an awful season.

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Buckley won't be ready for a while but they'll probably rush him back and he'll get re-injured.

JDT really is just going to have to change things up though and leave the style that has made a major contribution to an awful season.

Agree. McFazdean & John Fleck could play a big part in this and their experience will be key.

Next 2 games against the teams immediately below us are absolutely crucial!

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DVX1QlWX5W4

Good watch this. Shows how the entire playing style/philosophy of the club from Academy to First Team is built around having a 6 & two 8’s in midfield. So for the first team it was built around Adam Wharton.

No wonder JDT is fuming as he’s gone ahead of time and not been replaced so we’re starting from scratch again. 

Do think Buckley has the ability to play that role when he’s fit though & Ayari could possibly do it too.

Explains why Travis wasn’t favoured because he hasn’t got the footballing ability to play a 6 and he’s not good enough in forward areas to play an 8. 

GB is interviewed and comes across really well, he’s clearly passionate and heavily invested in the youth development model and a Rovers Academy that is a proven success.

Venky’s however are killing the entire model that GB & JDT have worked so hard to put in place because of their financial issues and cutting of the budget. Makes it impossible for us to ever progress with the Rao Family at the helm.

Bm to watch another time 

56 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He played last night. He can’t be that far away surely!

A bit shocked at how outspoken JDT has been in the media but possibly more shocked that the club gagged him on Friday. 
I think JDT is a manager with huge potential and he probably picked the wrong opportunity for his own career in coming to Rovers in the first place given the state we’re in. He could’ve done a bit more due diligence for himself probably as it’s not difficult to find out with the minimum of research that the owners don’t spend Christmas at Rovers and were hardly going to do a 180 just cos he showed up. 
Can safely say it’s a matter of when not if JDT is gone now which again is a shame. 

• Like 1

In a perverse way, the off the field shit show might help to preserve his reputation. Hes clearly handicapped by such a limited squad but his stubbornness to change tactics, the defensive record and the set piece woes culminating in a rapid decline down the table with 5 points in 11 ganes is overshadowed. Rightfully so, everyone is focused on the real issues at the club, so he knows that he could lose the next 5 games and I still think no one would turn their ire from Venkys and Waggott.

When he moves on, you would think that potential employers would focus more on the 7th place finish compared to this seasons right off unless maybe we went down. Theres definitely a talented manager there. One destined for big things/a big division job? Jury is out.

• Like 3

• Backroom
11 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Not sure where to post this but 7 minutes on TalkSport last night for anyone who is interested…

Very well spoken my friend 

• Like 2

Although I was miffed to say the least at our performances against the Dingles and the nobbers last year, generally I have really liked JDT.

If he'd have been given even a fraction of the amount that moggasaurus pissed up the wall we'd be in the playoffs or in the prem already.

The way he just cuts through all the lies and bullshit and openly calls out maggot and the owners has made him one of my favourite managers we've had, and that's including all the greats.

I do believe he is the man to keep us up. We've got to win at some point and gain back some confidence.

Im not sure its an accurate comparison because although Mowbray did have more money to spend, the squad he inherited on the brink of relegation was worlds apart from the one that Tomasson inherited off the back of finishing 8th. Lenihan and Rothwell as permanent players admittedly left but were replaced by Hyam and Szmodics in the only summer in years in which any reasonable money was spent. He did well to match the points tally though and definitely showed enough in that second successive league above expectations finish to suggest that in a more normal club he would be capable of achieving something good.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure its an accurate comparison because although Mowbray did have more money to spend, the squad he inherited on the brink of relegation was worlds apart from the one that Tomasson inherited off the back of finishing 8th. Lenihan and Rothwell as permanent players admittedly left but were replaced by Hyam and Szmodics in the only summer in years in which any reasonable money was spent. He did well to match the points tally though and definitely showed enough in that second successive league above expectations finish to suggest that in a more normal club he would be capable of achieving something good.

Would have loved to have seen JDT in a normal Rovers setup with none of this mess around him.

Under normal owners who showed a bit of care and ambition, no development project, no focus on increasing player value, no DOF above him, a reasonable budget and JDT in charge of finding and bringing in his own players.

I know there are a lot of ifs there, but I think under those circumstances he would have been the man for us. Another Hughes' type manager, maybe.

Basically, imagine him working under John Williams, with both of them working towards promotion.

As it is though, we have wasted the opportunity that his appointment brought, due to the chaotic way that those above him operate. He isn't the man for this mess and situation.

I think it was the right idea from GB to bring him in, just like the O'Brien signing was the right idea.

Unfortunately, this isn't a normal club with a normal hierarchy, and any kind of stunt can occur at any moment, meaning well intentioned moves from a few go to waste.

• Like 4