BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

If not yet official that was also not suitable discussion material at a meeting with fans. 

Possibly but he’s the absent elephant in the room. I don’t see how they could have a discussion of that nature without the manager’s name coming up

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The airwaves alive with talk of JDT, senior players, the atmosphere/attendances at Ewood and what might have gone on at this hastily arranged secret meeting.

That, my friends, is how easy it is and precisely what Venkys, shadow man and Waggott want to happen.

Exactly! If you want the social media and the press to change the conversation throw a dead cat on the table. 

Don’t fall for it.

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The airwaves alive with talk of JDT, senior players, the atmosphere/attendances at Ewood and what might have gone on at this hastily arranged secret meeting.

That, my friends, is how easy it is and precisely what Venkys, shadow man and Waggott want to happen.

Clearly a clumsy Iand conceived attempt at a diversionary tactic - we shouldn't fall for it - we all know what the issues are... 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, J*B said:

I was there - got the phone call last night. Not really sure why me specifically, it wasn’t specifically through BRFCS. But I thought it’s better to be there than not, so I went down.

Basically what Glen has tweeted was how the meeting went. It was an informal chat with the players then Waggott. There’s no minutes. 

The general discussion was the players mentioning the atmosphere at home games and specifically the end of the QPR match and during another match (they couldn’t remember which) where they were boo’d off at half time. They said the senior players spent half time keeping the younger players in the rate state of mind and that’s not the best use of time.

I made it abundantly clear to all the players that any booing is directly at one of Venkys, Pasha and Waggott or JDT. Szmodics especially said “we’re open to criticism, we were shit against Huddersfield and we know it”. 

I also explained to the players that unfortunately this club has had ‘ownership issues’ for 14 years now and whilst the last five years have been relatively stable, until the issues with ownership and senior management are addressed it’s only ever a stubbed toe away from discontent amongst the fan base. 

The players also asked how we could get more fans in the stadium at Ewood. I explained to them the issues with ticket pricing and season ticket pricing — which I described as “abhorrent” — and the horrific deprivation in the local area meaning that fans would love to go but frankly have to pick between eating and heating, meaning there’s little spare money and not enough to be spending on tickets. 

There was further discussions which everyone in the room agreed to not disclose at this point. I gave my word - as did everyone else - so I’ll honour that. 

Thank you 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

On Saturday we fielded the most experienced team we have had for ages. Only Moran and Chrisene could be classed as youngsters. What a fucking feeble excuse for professional footballers to use for playing poorly. Give me fucking strength.

I really hope they read the messages on here tonight.

You only have to look at their recent demeanour. Too many players feeling sorry for themselves. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Like a worm on a hook Waggott wriggles to try and get himself out of the spotlight.

Now bringing select fans and players into it but not others.

Divide and conquer tactics. He's not as daft as he looks but when you've a cushy £300k per year to keep hold of I suppose he'll try anything

Straight out kea* book of deflection

• Like 5

Well the players have been informed our boos, chanting and discontent isn't about them so I hope winning ,drawing or losing we will be hearing plenty aimed at the owners and Waggott 

Even now we are still acting disgracefully...holding meetings without the head coach present ,it's obvious he is going so wtf is the hold up just pay the man off or waive your right to compensation if he takes another job in the next 16 months 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

@J*B- did it sound like the players were genuinely impacted by the boos  or that just theyd been called to this meeting and raised some general points since they were there?

Different players had different prioritised concerns. Some of them sounded more impacted by the atmosphere on the whole than others. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Thank you for your summary.

Regarding the bit in bold, and just for clarity, was Waggott in the room at this point?

Yes, it was just Waggott and the club PR chap. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You only have to look at their recent demeanour. Too many players feeling sorry for themselves. 

And a manager who had visibly checked out a while ago and it appears he had done so before the season even started. I said months ago that it was clear he didnt give a shite and was simply protecting his reputation by calling out the shit above.

The players have disgraced themselves tonight, I think they were led into it by that shyster CEO we are afflicted with like a dose of the plague.

It was designed as a smokescreen but I can hate the players and the owners and the CEO all at the same time, I have plenty to go around.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

What did anybody really think could be gained from such a meeting. Were the fans going to have a go at the likes of Hyam for getting rag-dolled by a centre forward every week or players lacking bottle as soon as we go behind. Or were the players giving some insight as to why we are losing so often, conceding so many goals from set pieces?I

Totally pointless and futile.

I agree with this. But I do want to add my thanks to J*B for attending and reporting back. 

What has been reported (and circulated), though, has only made me feel more angry and, despondent. I'm not sure the meeting really gained anything more than this kind of impact, did it?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Even now we are still acting disgracefully...holding meetings without the head coach present ,it's obvious he is going so wtf is the hold up just pay the man off or waive your right to compensation if he takes another job in the next 16 months 

It’d be highly unprofessional but I really wouldn’t be surprised if swag was chewing the fat over the next manager like some drunk fan in the pub whilst the current manager is still in a job. It’ll be some desperado like Rooney. I’ve had a horrible feeling of moggadon coming back.

• Like 1