BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

The bit at the end is obviously about JDT going. He was not in the meeting and as the LT have already said, they don’t expect him to be the manager for the next match.

Josh has kept schtum as requested, but was good enough to mention a bit was kept secret.

Im as sure as I can be that’s correct. 

• Like 4

Unbelievable the players moaning about the atmosphere and a bit of booing.

I have paid £400 to watch us lose 9 times at home already to mainly crap sides that have done nothing more than put more effort in and exploited lazy defending.

That second goal against QPR was the players downing tools and us fans were rightly on our feet giving them shit for it.

I have been posting on here long before December about how boring it’s been as a home fan under JDT and glad he’s going. his best days seem to be away and I don’t attend them.

Hes a likeable guy and kudos for exposing the shit show behind the scenes but his approach to the championship is naive and with our squad stupid. In recent months he’s put his brand and reputation over getting results. I wouldn’t be surprised if the players haven’t also realised that and it’s part of the meeting today.

in summary the entire club should be ashamed of itself and there isn’t a single redeeming feature about the place. They can stick my season ticket up their ass next year.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I will be pleased if JDT has managed his last game at Rovers. We have only ever been a stepping stone for him - which I would've been fine with, had he been successful here. Facts are, like his football, he has flattered to deceive and we have gone sideways and backwards.

I've struggled to watch his brand of football. It is extremely sterile. It is passionless.  We have zero fight and physicality.  I think we have scored some brilliant goals but have churned out some abject, weak and inept performances.

Please let the next manager have some serious fight about him. Someone who reflects the town - like how Hughes had us. Unfashionable, passionate and hard-working...not fancy-Dan pussy cats.  We are in a perilous position, the off-field farce has been embarassing and disruptive. Let's get someone keep us in this league first and foremost and then channel our energy at getting rid of those not worthy of 'running' our club.

Who's up for the fight in the current squad?

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, J*B said:

To be absolutely clear I had no idea what the meeting was about or who was attending other than knowing Waggott had called it. I didn’t know five players would be there. There was a moment when I said to @Herbie6590 I might be going down for a telling off… I even said we might be getting sued here. There was zero agenda or format. 

There is of course a risk of being used for PR, but I had two options: 

1) Attend, find out what it was about, report back what I can. 

2) Don’t attend. 

I’ll maintain you did right to attend and give it your all 

Things can be spun either way and I think the PR risk is tangible but at the same time ‘we tried to engage with fans who didn’t want to’ is also spinable 

Any frustrations are at the regime not the players or fans 

• Like 6

Just now, Torgeir said:

Chrisene was man of the match. Dolan and Moran was shocking in the first half so can't have affected them much. It's all a smokescreen to avoid a hostile environment. Stop fucking up and there won't be boos. Weird that the youngest of the five present tonight was Pears at almost 26. 

It's just a blame-shifting tactic.  The supporters, although very quiet, have been extremely patient and kind. It is pathetic - but very telling, if these players can't cope with booing.  Absolute yellow-bellies. No wonder we crumble under the slightest pressure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Because I wanted to make sure if the opportunity to say my piece to Waggott was there, I took it. 

I know the whole “we can’t say anything yet” is pretty shit, but all I can say with certainty is we said our piece. 

IMG_5456.jpeg

What was the look on his stupid fat face when you told him (presumably he’s to blame)?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You know we are fucked when Pears is trotted out as a senior player. 

Hyam though, he's disappeared on the pitch. No leader at all. 

He's captain now because he's one of the very few senior pros left and probably a very well spoken professional guy and that's fair enough.

However if there were 5 or 6 around his age he wouldn't be el'captitan i wouldn't have thought so that says a lot. Focusing half time on mollycoddling a few young players against the fans sounds about right. He should have been kicking the others up the arse and telling his head coach this isn't working.

But this is what they've reduced the squad to and i said ages ago if you have an U23s squad you'll get U23s football and the mistakes and flimsyness that goes with it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Genuinely? I see Szmodics as the only winner in the team. All maturity and physicality has been phased out of our team. That is 90% JDT's doing.  It is men against boys most weeks and that is why we have won 1 in 11.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Because I wanted to make sure if the opportunity to say my piece to Waggott was there, I took it. 

I know the whole “we can’t say anything yet” is pretty shit, but all I can say with certainty is we said our piece. 

IMG_5456.jpeg

Is there any info you can share regarding when we will know the rest of it? Is an official club communication coming out?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My view ? Don’t attend. Why be a human shield for the bastards ?

It’s a valid opinion…when faced with the choice you have to make a call as to whether you think you can articulate a viewpoint & I feel sure @J*B has done that. 
I don’t expect everyone to agree…

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Good question - JRC, Travis when he was here. Sammi and Tronstad by example. After that it’s a struggle. That’s why we are where we are. Even if we got a Roy Keane or a Warnock in they’d be stuck with a squad of 7 a side players.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Ten games without a win, hurtling down the table, the club generally in a right old state, so of course you will get a smattering of boos at half time. Thats football and would happen at every club in the country - I’d wager they’d get it far stronger at a lot of other grounds. 

What a bizarre thing to spend half time discussing.

Not a good look either when you are in a relegation fight but typical of the attitude of the modern young pampered footballers. This is also where you need a bit of experience in the squad to tell them to pull their socks up, man up and give the fans who pay their wages something to cheer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Things can be spun either way and I think the PR risk is tangible but at the same time ‘we tried to engage with fans who didn’t want to’ is also spinable 

Exactly my sentiments TBH. 

Just now, Pedro said:

Genuinely? I see Szmodics as the only winner in the team. All maturity and physicality has been phased out of our team. That is 90% JDT's doing.  It is men against boys most weeks and that is why we have won 1 in 11.

We were wet under TM as well and have been for years, not to mention the squad has largely been assembled by people who aren't JDT both before and during his tenure.

Don't get me wrong, our football isn't physical enough for me either, but this is at least in part due to the "development" model.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Well said. In-fighting is uneccessary. Let us have different opinions. Accept that some fans don't know the history and tow the SW/Venky's line more than others, and focus our energy on what's important. C O Y R

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It's just a blame-shifting tactic.  The supporters, although very quiet, have been extremely patient and kind. It is pathetic - but very telling, if these players can't cope with booing.  Absolute yellow-bellies. No wonder we crumble under the slightest pressure.

Irregardless of what has transpired over the past year, we might have come to a point where we need a change of head coach reglardless. Such a mental game and sometimes a different voice is all it takes to get some much needed conviction back. I'm a JDT fan though, so hurts to type this.

1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

It’s a valid opinion…when faced with the choice you have to make a call as to whether you think you can articulate a viewpoint & I feel sure @J*B has done that. 
I don’t expect everyone to agree…

Would fuck off you fucking Geordie wanker be articulate enough?

Asking in case I ever get an invite 😁😁

• Like 3