BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

I don't rate JDT, so he's an upgrade or a big upgrade. You can choose which option you prefer.

Eustace would follow the same blueprint as Hughes and Allardyce, which I think is the right approach. Following the same blueprint doesnt mean he is a peer of those two or a direct comparison, simply that he would build from the back. You can Google what blueprint means if you're not sure! 

have you not been following rovers in the last 13 years???we could have pep as manager and he`d end up in the same situation as all the other managers,this club is impossible to manage,get near the top six and they start getting rid of your best players and cut your wage and transfer budget

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

why are so many folks against Fowler? i dont recall him doing anything that bad when he played for us, am i missing something obvious? i dont really care who they appoint at this rate. just wish they would sell up and let us start afresh 

There isn't much to remember,  probably about an hour in a Rovers shirt, bursting at the seams.

Nothing against the bloke. I just think his managerial past in tin pot leagues, probably on strength of his name as a player should be absolutely nowhere near the conversation for our club.

Which under these means it's worth putting £20 on 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Before December we were 8th 2 points outside the playoffs.

Last season we finished 7th.

Now his tactics haven't been working the last 3 months but for the majority of his time here they were.

Disagree, his tactics haven’t been working all season not just since December. We had lost 8 home games prior to Xmas day. We lost 5 of 6 league games starting from September. We have conceded the most goals in the league. 

Most the league were likely a few points off the playoffs in December it’s the championship. The warning signs have been there all season if you take the blinkers off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

But Gregg's a good 'un.........

I've argued Gregg's corner on the Phillips situation & generally in his time here, but if that is a correct analysis of what happened then it would arguably a much bigger error in financial terms than the O'brien, Brierley & McGuire fiascos combined.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Nutshell:

Raos out. They took the club widely regarded as one of the most efficiently-run in football, and turned it into a laughing stock.

The shame of Pune and India have destroyed the Pride of Lancashire.

Can we have a banner made of this please? 😃

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Disagree, his tactics haven’t been working all season not just since December. We had lost 8 home games prior to Xmas day. We lost 5 of 6 league games starting from September. We have conceded the most goals in the league. 

Most the league were likely a few points off the playoffs in December it’s the championship. The warning signs have been there all season if you take the blinkers off.

He literally said we were 8th at that point.
Everything he said is fact. For 1.25 seasons we’ve been better than any other championship season under Venkys (and in the cup too). For 0.25 since we’ve been poor. You’re judging the 0.25 very heavily by the looks of it.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Has potential but not the man for this moment. Somebody will give him a chance somewhere though, you'd think.

To be honest, I personally don't want any former Rovers' players or managers from before 2010 to walk in to this mess, only to be treated like crap by these tossers.

Seen Duffer mentioned along with Hughes and Benni as manager, and Wilcox as DOF too. All of those guys were a part of a clean and honest Rovers setup and provided us with fantastic memories.

They do not deserve to enter this circus operated by devious bastards and end up tarnishing the good memories that we have of them. No manager can succeed under this setup, imo. It's why I want our former favourites to stay away.

I didn't want Henning Berg to come here either in 2012/13 for the same reason. He came here with honest intentions and was shat upon by clowns. He deserved better. I don't think any less of him as a Rovers player, it's just a shame that these idiots got the opportunity to mess him around.

For any of the hierarchy thinking appointing a former player will quieten the unrest...dream on! 

So no Bradley Orr then? 🤷‍♂️😅

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

It's honestly such an appalling statement, given Waggott and the PR person were in a meeting just yesterday with the fans.

Waggott just doesn't learn does he.

beggars belief, they don't give a fuck about the fans, players wellbeing, publics perception of us as a club 

What's the statement?

Haven't seen sorry.

Raos out now!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roverblue said:

If that's the case we need to stop judging Eustace on being 6th place when sacked.

9th October 2023, Birmingham were 6th and "backed" Eustace was sacked. Can anyone remember where "unbacked" and Brereton-less Rovers were at that point?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I don't rate JDT, so he's an upgrade or a big upgrade. You can choose which option you prefer.

Eustace would follow the same blueprint as Hughes and Allardyce, which I think is the right approach. Following the same blueprint doesnt mean he is a peer of those two or a direct comparison, simply that he would build from the back. You can Google what blueprint means if you're not sure! 

Look at the defences those two had to build with and look at our defence now. How anyone can look at our goalkeepers, defenders, defensive midfielders and expect us to be defensively solid staggers me. We've been relegated from this league with a stronger defence than we currently have. We are 18th in the league (with a game in hand on a number teams) that is give or take a few places either away where the current squad belongs. We massively overachieved last year and the squad has been significantly weakened in the two windows since then.

Also there is an apostrophe in doesn't.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

"Ashley Phillips, the highly rated England Under-19 defender who had been with the club since the age of 12, left for £2m after Spurs activated a release clause that Rovers failed to omit from the teenager’s contract."

Hmm....

Failed to omit is something else than forgot to omit. It was widely discussed back then that Phillips and his agent did not want to sign a contract without such a clause.

The amount of time it took him to sign a deal with us tells me that it was likely a case of failing to omit. The wording in contracts is always done (at a pro-level) with the aid of lawyers.

Edited by sverrehh
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I've argued Gregg's corner on the Phillips situation & generally in his time here, but if that is a correct analysis of what happened then it would arguably a much bigger error in financial terms than the O'brien, Brierley & McGuire fiascos combined.

Agree,

Although I do fail to see how a clause had to be removed from a contract, rather than written into a contract. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

Everything he said is fact. For 1.25 seasons we’ve been better than any other championship season under Venkys (and in the cup too). For 0.25 since we’ve been poor. You’re judging the 0.25 very heavily by the looks of it.

The past is the past. In the present Tomasson is taking us down . What was working is no longer working. And he doesn’t show any sign of turning it round. On results alone he has to go

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

So in the space of 4 hours he has gone from being an upgrade to a big upgrade and being compared to Sparky and Sam. I think you are getting ever so slightly carried away with a man whose sole managerial achievement to date is finishing 17th in his one season as a manager. 

Also given that Birmingham's new owners had planned all along to replace him with Rooney I highly doubt that he was responsible for those summer signings.

Just watched a couple of interviews of Eustace... Seems more in the Appleton, mould than Mark Hughes!! 

Very drab persona as well

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, superniko said:

Did you even read the first paragraph? I’m talking about this season and pointed to facts as to why I am judging his tactics as not working this season not just from December.

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The past is the past. In the present Tomasson is taking us down . What was working is no longer working. And he doesn’t show any sign of turning it round. On results alone he has to go

He has all but admitted he isn’t the right man for the job since “the project changed”.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The conversation wasn't about whether Tomasson should stay or go (he's already gone), it was about Eustace replacing him and being an upgrade, then a big upgrade. And that was based on him keeping Brum up ending in 17th place, then his 6th place October sacking after he was backed in the Summer.

5 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Did you even read the first paragraph? I’m talking about this season and pointed to facts as to why I am judging his tactics as not working this season not just from December.

But aren't you basing your opinion partly on Eustace getting a Summer backed Brum 6th place, two months earlier?

I think it's very difficult to judge whether Eustace would be a decent appointment personally. And if he did keep us up he'll have the same trials to go through that JDT has. And that's not knocking Eustace, they all will.

7 minutes ago, booth said:

But aren't you basing your opinion partly on Eustace getting a Summer backed Brum 6th place, two months earlier?

I think it's very difficult to judge whether Eustace would be a decent appointment personally. And if he did keep us up he'll have the same trials to go through that JDT has. And that's not knocking Eustace, they all will.

No I wasn’t considering Eustace with regards to JdT performance. I was just responding generally to those that think JDT has just had a bad run and been unlucky. I think it’s more fundamental than that.

i agree with you on Eustace he is an unknown quantity and will be done over by the club in summer. To be honest at this point I just want to stay in the league so anyone who focuses more on defence than attack gets my vote. Probably go for Alex Neill if I had a say.