BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bradford City (a) 23/08/2022 League Cup

Forget the Liverpool twitterati; I must confess that I wondered what the Liverpool management team’s reaction would be when they learned what position Morton had played for us last night.

On balance, I'd have thought they'd be pleased for him. It must surely be good for them to know that if he's playing for them in seasons to come and one of their centre-halves is injured, he could fill in there for them.

• Like 2

Think Hughes got it wrong for them tonight. With such us having such a young team he should have had his team bully us more - they had a few big lumps. Also, with just one recognised CB and he was making his debut - surely you just get balls into the box at every opportunity? Not complaining mind - perhaps he was doing us a favor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I can’t believe any of you have the nerve to complain about ads to me based on this. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Any comment tonight Mercer? 

Another betting loss here

Delighted with Rovers' win which was badly needed by club and fans.

Another betting loss?  Clearly you've chosen to ignore my betting wins this season - rest assured, I'm well in pocket!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gav said:

I’ve just ordered a can of Shandy bass, a John Bull with lashings of peas and gravy.

Fools and money are easily parted, just ask our illustrious owners. 

Onwards and upwards.

You've terrific culinary tastes Gav - John Bulls are one of my favourites and it's a pity there are many chippies who don't do them!

So true about fools and their money - gladly, I ain't one of them!  Like I said to Chaddy, we'll in the black on Rovers' betting this season - you don't win them all!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Forget the Liverpool twitterati; I must confess that I wondered what the Liverpool management team’s reaction would be when they learned what position Morton had played for us last night.

On balance, I'd have thought they'd be pleased for him. It must surely be good for them to know that if he's playing for them in seasons to come and one of their centre-halves is injured, he could fill in there for them.

I think Liverpool fans should be more concerned with their abject form and having to play the likes of Milner, Henderson and Firminho. I'm sure Klopp would have been pleasantly pleased to see the young prodigy play at centre half to further his education.

• Like 1

Much needed win, and rightly lauded by the Bratfud fans on their forum. The BBC stats told the story, 70% possession overall and two well taken goals. The Sky Sports highlights showed the gulf in class between the two sides too, with a sumptious pass by Dack nearly leading to a third goal for us, and BBD only a midge's dick away from heading in from an impossible rebound. I felt Vale should perhaps have taken on the shot himself for the second goal, rather than squaring (somewhat tentatively) for Markanday to slot in - perhaps it is a sign of his lack of confidence, but if you are going to be successful as a striker you need to be somewhat selfish and go for the glory yourself. Methinks a loan spell with a lower league outfit would be a good thing for Mr Vale..

Anyway, I'm taking the view that the team put out by JDT followed the game plan set by JDT, played in the style expected by JDT and performed individually to the expectations of JDT. That is to say, there appeared to be a game plan, a style and individual performances that, collectively, delivered the right result against a lacklustre (look it up!) side from two divisions below.

Make no mistake, there is still a mountain to climb, but again we have been treated to a glimpse of what is possible and what the future might hold - which looks like a much more appetising outlook than the turgid shite sandwiches served at Ewood by the gurning chump and his crew. What a refreshing change too to have a manager who sets out to win!

Having said that, we were somewhat fortunate that the post saved our blushes once Bratfud got ahead - who knows what might have happened to game plans, confidence and team cohesion if that had gone in.

Final note - what kind of haircut was their scorer, Andy Cook sporting? Looked like BlackAdder''s tonsure!

blackadder.jpg

Edited by Guest
I'm fat, I'm round, I roll around the ground, Big Baddie, Big Daddy!

Contrary to post-match dismissive comments of Annesley in some quarters, and a lack of physicality admittedly made by myself, the opposite transpired.

A well contested game between 2 sides looking to win, no small amount of hard tackles being made, and some lovely passing play by our youngsters notably Wharton and Morton, made for a really good game to watch.

Fair play to Bradford and their fans also for backing their side. The atmosphere they created reminded me a little of Blackpool away last season.

Edited by Wheelton Blue

Who cares about Liverpool fans i doubt they name anyone else from their U23s they should be grateful for championship teams taking a punt on them.

He's here to play our way and where he's asked he isn't here from our point of view to just prepare him for their first team.

Now if he turns up at left forward then right wing i'll start asking questions !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J*B said:

I can’t believe any of you have the nerve to complain about ads to me based on this. 

😂 😂 😂 

Fair doos, but from what I can see at least their ads dont pop up and cover the comment box whilst your typing! Which is the main annoyance for me here sorry. 

I usually end typing half my comments blind (hence all the typos etc...😅

And the tab to close the ad is too tiny for me to press on my mobile screen without accidentally clicking the feckin ad 🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20220824-095422_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

😂 😂 😂 

Fair doos, but from what I can see at least their ads dont pop up and cover the comment box whilst your typing! Which is the main annoyance for me here sorry. 

I usually end typing half my comments blind (hence all the typos etc...😅

And the tab to close the ad is too tiny for me to press on my mobile screen without accidentally clicking the feckin ad 🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20220824-095422_Chrome.jpg

I have the same issue, it's a nightmare.. try holding my phone in landscape and allsprts still no joy.. very frustrating