BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm

I know the squad is thin but

1 …. I’m really concerned that JDT can select JRC for a Championship game having seen him since June….

2 …he can continue with the myth that is John Buckley …

I know he removed them at half time but by then the game had gone ….we need men not boys and certainly not boys with egos ….A big week coming up …I just hope it doesn’t have a line up with Buckley, JRC , Szmodics  , Dolan anywhere near it 

….there’s thin and there’s bloody hell …..

• Like 6

Whoever said “lots of huff and puff” second half summed it up but that’s not enough……there’s a glaring lack of quality all over. Adam Wharton was the best player on the pitch second half….showed Buckley how to distribute the ball. Dolan was poor again, Hedges was good. Ayala was my Mom but Dack was anonymous, Diaz was very disappointing . Morton is a good signing. Kaminski made his usual epic saves but he was at fault for the goal. Philips was ok, the rest were poor.

• Like 1

Absolutely dreadful first half, completely unacceptable. Slow and ponderous on the ball, sideways/backwards, milk turns quicker. If we've ever lined up with 2 worse full backs than JRC and Pickering, I can't recall it. Buckley non existent (again)

2nd half much better, JDT made the right subs at HT. On another day might have scraped a point but cant start like that.The bright spots for me were Phillips who I thought looked a lot more confident and the pick of the defenders and Adam Wharton who looked head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch when he came on - what a player he looks- another like Phillips who needs a bumper contract for his age.

Overall whilst we might be greatful for those first 3 wins it's a great start wasted and Waggott and Broughton have let everyone down in massive fashion.

No goals in 270 mins - more firepower badly needed and that's with BBD who understandably looked a bit distracted today. Hopefully we can get the window shut with him still here and He'll have to refocus.

• Like 5

Well that was shit.

First half beyond woeful - they don’t like - and can’t handle - being pressed and some basic passes going astray.

Not sure what’s happened to Buckley, but only Kaminski and Ayala came out of that half with any credit.

2nd much better, I think Adam Wharton looks a superstar in the making and really made a difference in terms of forward passing. Phillips did ok, Trav did his best and I thought Hedges at least gave us something different.

But so many wasted chances in the second. If Dolan had shot instead of dribbling a couple of times, we’d have scored.

if we’d had Diaz instead of Brereton, we’d have scored and Dack was unlucky with his one proper chance, to be fair.

Huff and puff in the second, but just not good enough. We need reinforcements, and quick.

5 minutes ago, tonyoz said:

Whoever said “lots of huff and puff” second half summed it up but that’s not enough……there’s a glaring lack of quality all over. Adam Wharton was the best player on the pitch second half….showed Buckley how to distribute the ball. Dolan was poor again, Hedges was good. Ayala was my Mom but Dack was anonymous, Diaz was very disappointing . Morton is a good signing. Kaminski made his usual epic saves but he was at fault for the goal. Philips was ok, the rest were poor.

Yeah what happened with Kaminsky for the goal? I wasn't behind the posts but it looked like he flopped down on the floor like a dying fish!

15 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Men against boys is it. How long have we gone without a real proper big bastard to dominate the midfield?

You're right, but that shouldn't justify going with kids in there now.

Evans, Smallwood, Akpan, Williamson, Johnson, Trybull. All had more of a presence than these youngsters and could fight fire with fire, at times. Not saying those players were quality, but we need men in there, with Wharton being eased in.

17 minutes ago, Iceman said:

This also cannot continue to go on. Now its a different lineup next game again, where we change the makeup of the team after it didnt work.  We need a consistent starting line up, whether we win or lose, at least hold that 11 for 2 or 3 consecutive games, 

You think we should stick with today's starting line up for the sake of consistency??

2 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Dolan is shocking even he can’t know what his legs are going to do next …Replace him with Markanday….

JRC should be no where this team …

if JDT can’t see this then we are up the duff big time ……

Pickering is a big problem totally negative attitude….. 

We already know these things - as we know that Dack and Buckley can't play false 9 and Gallagher can't play wide right.  

I genuinely wonder what these professionals are thinking at times.

I don’t know which was more poor, our first half performance or the referee? Shocker, and I would like a refund! 
In all seriousness we will tumble down the league without new recruits. Hedges and Wharton livened things up at half time, but we are paper thin in most departments. I still don’t understand why BBD is on the left wing. I get coming in on his right foot, but he’s anonymous most of the time. Having two five foot somethings in Dack and Dolan against tall defenders doesn’t work. All in all very poor. To add to today I have tickets for  the cricket at OT tomorrow, shit weekend!

Just got back:

JRC awful

Buckley really poor (and I’m a fan of his)

Dack poor

Diaz off day.

When we lose Ayala to the inevitable injury we’re in big trouble.

Adam Wharton looked twice the player John Buckley is when he came on. He needs tying down.

Massive amount of work to be done next week to avoid anything other than a relegation battle.

Jury still very much out for me on JDT. Setup in the first half was atrocious. Lot for him to prove.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely dreadful first half, completely unacceptable. Slow and ponderous on the ball, sideways/backwards, milk turns quicker. If we've ever lined up with 2 worse full backs than JRC and Pickering, I can't recall it. Buckley non existent (again)

2nd half much better, JDT made the right subs at HT. On another day might have scraped a point but cant start like that.The bright spots for me were Phillips who I thought looked a lot more confident and the pick of the defenders and Adam Wharton who looked head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch when he came on - what a player he looks- another like Phillips who needs a bumper contract for his age.

Overall whilst we might be greatful for those first 3 wins it's a great start wasted and Waggott and Broughton have let everyone down in massive fashion.

No goals in 270 mins - more firepower badly needed and that's with BBD who understandably looked a bit distracted today. Hopefully we can get the window shut with him still here and He'll have to refocus.

You do realise that Waggott and Broughton don't select the team in the first half that was so inferior to the team in the second half ?

• Like 2

Another game lost in team selection ? How more can the coaching staff afford ?  Another game were we lost after going behind. Any stattos out there like to tell me how many games we’ve won after going behind since we last got promoted. I reckon It could be counted on the fingers of one finger. That stat tells me all I need to know about the fighting spirit at the club.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Where do i start?

First half as bad as a brand of football that i've seen in a long long time. We talk about needing defenders, but if it hadnt of been for the defenders and Kaminski Stoke would of been out of sight without trying.

Second half we was full of endeavour but again tactically woeful.

Positives, Wharton, Hedges, Dolan, Travis and Dack second half. What we lacked in quality we made up with effort.

6 games in, and we need to sign creative players and an out and out striker. Defence although needing new blood wont be enough to keep us afloat.

Football wise, to put it mildly its been shit.

• Like 1

Another winning bet @chaddyrovers but you tend to disregard these!

IMO, big question marks now against JDT.

Yep, we all know we need new players but it's also about making the best use of what you have and, so far, I don't think he has demonstrated he knows how to set a team up.

After a full pre season, friendlies and almost 10 competitive matches and if he still thinks Rankin-Costello, Pickering, Buckley and Dolan are players then Houston, we have a problem.

Think we will get walloped on Wednesday at Blackpool.

Worrying times, very worrying times - we could be heading for a relegation dog fight.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Weird game, we defended appallingly first 30 mins, Stoke should have scored 2 or 3. After that we were probably the better team but without really creating convincing chances. So came out annoyed but also could see some reasons for hope

Cons : defence was really poor first half, kaminski conceded a really soft goal (although he also made two or three superb saves prior), Buckley was abysmal, Dack at 9 (which I was all for to try something different) didn't work. BBD wasted a lot of really good positions on the left which is unlike him.

Pros : Adam Wharton. Wow. He's going to be a huge player for us, he will start next game I think. Buckley (who I seriously rate) should be very worrief. Hedges also looks to me like he's going to be a consistently strong performer for us. Dack played much better at 10.

Much as we all love to hate him we really missed Gallaghers power and physicality to stretch and shake the opposition defence. He would have made a big impact today. We need more of that, our preponderance of  small technical forwards makes us unable to get any value out of crosses at all. No Scott Wharton is a big gap for us also.

Overall : Disappointing defeat but much better performance all round than Reading and Sheff Utd. We were competitive whereas in those games we were not. But we need some proper defenders in, and we need a striker who can cause a player like Flint a problem through the middle up front. I just feel like we don't really know what we're doing at centre forward and that needs sorting out.

We've got a great team for scoring on the break, but i just think against massed defence chasing a game we don't have the right options. So as others have said on here if we go behind we really struggle.

Agreed mate. The past few games I’ve been seriously worried on the manner of defeat.

However, with this defeat I don’t feel too deflated. 

Signs of quality, just need a few faces to lift the moral.

hopefully jdt will have learned

jrc is a non league player

buckley,while an excellent footballer is a fanny

you can`t score goals without a centre forward

on the positive side

at least he got a reaction from a terrible first half

adam wharton looks proper player

he realised it was **** and made changes that made a difference,in the end we were unlucky not to get something,a much better second half,just bring in some players though ffs

• Like 1

One of the things I have felt really positive about since JDT arrived is his apparent honesty and openness in interviews. It will be interesting now that there is some justified "heat" to see if this continues and he accepts his selections led to the result today. That lineup was horrible. He certainly  needs the club to step up and support him to have more to choose from, but he also screwed up today with that starting 11. He made some good mitigating decisions, but the damage had been done.

Window closing, it could be a big moment for JDT to really tell it like it is...