BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

12 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The govt/ football governing bodies will have been terrified of the media/public backlash if they'd allowed the games to go ahead.

We forget football isn't an 'Establishment' sport.

Horse of the Year show would have been a different matter... 

To prove this point....St Leger moved from Saturday to Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Nevertheless, mourning is very personal and we anticipate individuals, families, communities and organisations may want to mark Her Majesty’s demise in their own way. There is no expectation on the public or organisations to observe specific behaviours during the mourning period.

Read and learn 👍

• Like 4

Bit perplexed about calling off all games. im sure some people will loose out to lost hotel booking, transport etc.

On a Rover side, I dont think it will do us any harm. Gives chance for some of the injured lads to come back for the next game. I think JDT would appreciate some more time with the team.

48 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm incredulous at this decision which achieves absolutely nothing. It will cost people money who have booked transport, hotels and other things. People who work in the stadiums will not be paid when many would have been relying on the money to help pay bills and the like. It's simple to me. Anybody who wasn't comfortable going to watch a match don't go but to postpone every single game in disproportionate to the feelings of, I would hazard a guess, the majority of fans.

It's this Nanny State we live in that treats us like kids and makes decisions for us.

They don't give a fuck about fans or anyone that isn't a multi billionaire. 

So you made plans, spent money? Don't give a fuck. 

• Like 5

I have no objection to tomorrow's game being postponed, albeit I recognise it's a matter of personal preference. I wasn't intending to go & have sympathy for those who will lose out financially.

To me this is such a historic moment for the nation. 70+ years of dedication to the country, never shirking her responsibility, right up until 48 hours before her death. We need to take a step back sometimes & reflect on the significance of events outside of our day to day. This is one such occasion IMO.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Most don’t care’, well that’s certainly  not the impression I’m getting.

Perhaps the accurate wording is "Most don't care enough to have 5 or so days without entertainment, losing money they've paid for travel, hotels, seeing the bank of england take the week off and watching endless reels repeated on BBC, whilst still having to work each day themselves"

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The country is officially in mourning, which will continue until the end of the day of the state funeral, in about 9-10 days

It is a mark of respect for the longest serving monarch in history

To say this is a "Nanny State" is stupid and insulting

Well, I'd just like to state, "Nanny State", "Nanny State" "Na na na na na, Nanny State!" 😉

If the country is in official mourning, then I expect we'll all be off work until the funeral? No. Because real life continues, but the things that keep us sane, entertained and distracted must stop...

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Just the footie. The racing goes ahead on Sunday. 

Indeed, rugby league appears to be going ahead tomorrow if not tonight (though there's only two games at professional level), as does professional ice hockey. All NI and most Scottish football now off, Wales yet to declare as far as I can see.

• Like 2