BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/21224014.blackburn-rovers-injury-latest-ahead-wigan-athletic-trip/

Doesn't sound overly confident regarding Ayala or Wharton. If Ayala is ever a doubt, safe to say he won't play.

Surely stick in Mola, he is a new signing earmarked for that position. Would raise questions over the signing if we left him out assuming Ayala and Wharton don't play. If Travis is at right back, we may aswell not bother.

Even if Scott Wharton is out I think we will still change to a 343 but Mola on left side instead of Wharton

Kaminski

Carter   Hyam   Mola

Buckley   Morton   Travis   A Wharton   Pickering

Hirst         Brereton

Reckon that should compete okay in midfield

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Even if Scott Wharton is out I think we will still change to a 343 but Mola on left side instead of Wharton

Kaminski

Carter   Hyam   Mola

Buckley   Morton   Travis   A Wharton   Pickering

Hirst         Brereton

Reckon that should compete okay in midfield

I don't agree with a change to that formation to be honest because it massively dilutes an attack that has struggled to begin with.

I think Dack has to play at the moment, we definitely need a number 10 so I would s

Morton offers little, I would play Carter at right back and Mola at CB if neither of the injured two are back, if they are, then Mola with Travis in midfield.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't agree with a change to that formation to be honest because it massively dilutes an attack that has struggled to begin with.

I think Dack has to play at the moment, we definitely need a number 10 so I would s

Morton offers little, I would play Carter at right back and Mola at CB if neither of the injured two are back, if they are, then Mola with Travis in midfield.

So you don't want to change a formation that isn't working. I find that strange. The games we have struggled in, are the ones where we have lost the midfield battle, usually through lack of numbers.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

This Mola must be the footie equivalent of Chuck Norris. 

Interviewer: “Mola, what position do you play?”

Mola: “All of them.” 

From what I've read he's a left sided centreback and occasional left back by trade whose done a bit in defensive midfield too.

I suspect he's been brought in to cover Scott Wharton as his primary role, but may get a crack at left back too if he's mobile enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Football carried on after the death of the previous monarch. I personally don't see any reason why games shouldn't go ahead as normal.

Problem nowadays is overthetop reaction.  Mourning for weeks like with Diane.  Let londoners mourn her. Yes I'm sad she has died as a human being like I would with any person but the royalists expects the whole world to suddenly stop. 

• Like 4

King Charles is a very modern thinking royal. I think after the last few years, COVID, the putin war etc and the financial hits across the nation, that he will insist on business as usual, I suspect there may be a bank holiday involved for the coronation.

• Like 2

So, Wharton & Ayala back in training, & Szmodics cleared to play. That’s a huge boost to our defending, & gives us an option in midfield. 

This might be our best squad yet. The heck with it, if we’ve got any hopes to be in playoffs this season, this is one we’ve got to win. 

1-3.  If it is played. 

Found a good article here. Football matches will be cancelled but only on the (somewhat Orwellian sounding!) Day of National Mourning which is 9 days from now - so Saturday 17th September. I guess they will just move to Sunday?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/everything-cancelled-closed-after-queen-27941592.amp

Edited by joey_big_nose