BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

This game almost certainly won't go ahead, and probably not the one next week either. 

Although I'll miss the football, I don't think it's a bad thing for us. We should have a fully fit squad by the time we next play and it gives JDT a chance to coach the players on how he wants to play football (whatever that is!) after a very poor run of performances. 

A mini break in the season will help us imo. Obviously get the frustration of fans who have already paid out money for transport though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Looks like there's a good chance now that it will be on

Upto the individual bodies to choose, rugby league and I think Union going ahead too on Saturday. Cricket likely to resume on Saturday too.

That was pretty much what was predicted last night. It gives a green light for them not to cancel now the govt have confirmed. 

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

This game almost certainly won't go ahead, and probably not the one next week either. 

Although I'll miss the football, I don't think it's a bad thing for us. We should have a fully fit squad by the time we next play and it gives JDT a chance to coach the players on how he wants to play football (whatever that is!) after a very poor run of performances. 

A mini break in the season will help us imo. Obviously get the frustration of fans who have already paid out money for transport though. 

Agreed. More time to get injured players back and more time working on JDT's style. Can't be a bad thing.

29 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Looks like there's a good chance now that it will be on

Upto the individual bodies to choose, rugby league and I think Union going ahead too on Saturday. Cricket likely to resume on Saturday too.

You've lost two days of the Test match at that point. Just reschedule it.

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm incredulous at this decision which achieves absolutely nothing. It will cost people money who have booked transport, hotels and other things. People who work in the stadiums will not be paid when many would have been relying on the money to help pay bills and the like. It's simple to me. Anybody who wasn't comfortable going to watch a match don't go but to postpone every single game in disproportionate to the feelings of, I would hazard a guess, the majority of fans.

It's this Nanny State we live in that treats us like kids and makes decisions for us.

Agreed its ludicrous. I get that it's a massive deal and people will be genuinely mourning but why do we have to force it upon everyone?  Will I be in mourning whether I like it or not? 

We'll only cancel recreational activities though - work can go ahead as planned. 

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm incredulous at this decision which achieves absolutely nothing. It will cost people money who have booked transport, hotels and other things. People who work in the stadiums will not be paid when many would have been relying on the money to help pay bills and the like. It's simple to me. Anybody who wasn't comfortable going to watch a match don't go but to postpone every single game in disproportionate to the feelings of, I would hazard a guess, the majority of fans.

It's this Nanny State we live in that treats us like kids and makes decisions for us.

Totally agree 

Wether royalist or not during this cost of a living crisis people and businesses are going to lose even more money .

What about when its the queens funeral will games again be cancelled ?

Games should go ahead with a minutes silence

Anyone uncomfortable with that could just stay at home

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The decision rested with the EPL and EFL so it was entirely predictable they'd fancy a day off.

I'm one percent on board with things being cancelled on the day of the funeral as a mark or respect but this i feel is just counter productive.

• Like 2