BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

2 minutes ago, bazza said:

The queen herself would have been horrified at the thought of cancelling the games this weekend. If they do they will be dishonouring her memory.

Its a bit mad what's going on. Apparently according to that Mirror article BBC will ban all comedy shows for 12 days!

I'm not a monarchist, but thought the queen did an incredibly hard role very well for decades and seemed a very nice person while she did it.

But equally it's not something to cancel things for.

AByway, probably straying into ICNBINF or WDWY territory so will leave it there.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Its a bit mad what's going on. Apparently according to that Mirror article BBC will ban all comedy shows for 12 days!

I'm not a monarchist, but thought the queen did an incredibly hard role very well for decades and seemed a very nice person while she did it.

But equally it's not something to cancel things for.

AByway, probably straying into ICNBINF or WDWY territory so will leave it there.

Ban all comedy shows? Do they expect us to act like this

giphy-9.gif

Efl to discuss with the government tomorrow. 

With the stoppages due to covid and the fixture pile up as it is they've really got to play these games.

United playing at home as I type. Less than 2 hours after he death was announced. Surely that sets a precedent here, if they don't call that off then why should they cancel Saturdays games.

Also notice how the golf and the cricket have only suspended play for tomorrow at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

United playing at home as I type. Less than 2 hours after he death was announced. Surely that sets a precedent here, if they don't call that off then why should they cancel Saturdays games

Both United and West Ham say tonight’s games will go ahead “following direction from the FA and UEFA.’”

Not sure that sets any precedent as it’s so close to kick off.

Doncaster racecourse’s St Leger meeting cancelled tomorrow and an announcement about Saturday will be made tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The show must go on it's 2022 not 1950

And i say that as a man of Queen and country but the very best way for people to pay their respects is at their choice of events at weekend.

As a staunch Royalist I totally agree with this opinion and so, in my personal view, would the Queen. RIP.

• Like 3

Sorry but this isn't acceptable.  I get the Queen is an important figurehead but why is her death any more relevant to Joe bloggs dying at Blackburn Royal infirmary? I respect her as person but this is pathetic.  Ffs life goes on. Are we to hide in our homes for a week, wailing 'why me'? The Queen was a good egg and she wouldn't want a huge fuss. People have lives to live 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If you want to talk about what is ‘woke’ or who ‘snowflakes’ are- you’ve got ICBINF or WDWY, but you’ve not got the football thread, so just don’t please.
Thanks.

Sorry. My blood was boiling. I've calmed down now.............I think.

• Like 1

• Backroom

It’s a round of fixtures, we’ll cope if they are postponed, whether you liked, loved, respected, hated or were indifferent to the Queen and the royal family it’s a moment of huge significance and real history of the country and there was always going to be a period of official mourning

• Like 4