BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

19 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Different for everybody, isn't it? And in the current economic climate with costs soaring, with most of our fanbase living in a working class town, I really don't think anybody should be belittling anybody else for making a choice to go or not (I'm not saying that's what you're doing).

I don't think that's the case at all.

Most fans I come across travel in from the surrounding area. 

21 hours ago, Gav said:

Stop being silly and get yourself down there 😉

Unlikely   Gav  not at the price  - struck by it for years and  and advocate for twenty is plenty  and especially now  in current times 

May be swayed by Saturday  ( my  eldest son follows  'the tics'    - no  he couldn't be  converted even though  he has been   Rovers many a time over the years )  its the usual  as it is for many  his mates go  and he's at the age  now to be able to pay and go himself  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Sorry, thought Joey was after *good* boozers. 

yes   - not the best  but does fill up with away fans 

47 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

There's numerous boozers in the centre around King Street, don't go near the ground

Mortys, Harrys Bar, Tap n Barrel

Yep 

47 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Little fifteen is decent

Yep  so is Berkley next door and Raven just further up before Weatherspoons (  deceiving as it has has a good largish  beer Garden at the back   and serves food ) - both normally have the football on     -all  across from Wallgate Station just up the hill across the road 

image.png.79537f6e564869af444469d6c73a33b1.pngYes also decent for  variety ales also 

Normally find  Rovers in them all   - there is also the recently  opened 'Whelans'  bar at the ground  but not sure if they let away fans in or not ( they do for the Rugby though)

21 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Is it a mark of how, erm, "unpredictable" our season's been so far; or that there's no midweek game; that all the recent posts have been about where to drink in Wigan?

Just wondering!

Its always the same before Wigan away, big following guaranteed, pubs full, you have to plan ahead!

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think that's the case at all.

Most fans I come across travel in from the surrounding area. 

Based on how many fans piss off 5/10 minutes before the end of matches (presumably to beat traffic), I think you might be right.

I live on the Fernhurst estate, 5 minute walk for me post-match!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT hasn't said

Not even sure he knows the full details, he brushes away questions about injuries and leaves it up to the medical professionals. Obviously he gets updates on timescales from them though.

We can't play Travis there against Wigan though it would be suicidal just having Morton and Wharton against the likes of McClean. I'd like to think he's learnt that from the last game. I think Mola will be given a debut and Carter at right back. Not ideal but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

As long as he gets his teeth into it and shows he is capable of filling in and be happy enough. 

Hopefully he will already be well drilled, and not an amalgam to be spit and rinsed by the opposition. I'm going to nickname him Flossy if he's any good 😉