BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

League position prediction - now for season’s end…

38 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

This is spot on. The journey took so many detours. We went from possession hungry (and often tedious) to counter attacking to Bradley Johnson in a false 9. And like you said, it was usually Mowbray spitting the dummy about something. 

Tje only journey we were on was as sidekicks in Tony Dickhead's journey to retirement. 

• Like 1

After last night I am pretty confident we will have a really strong run from now until the World Cup. Will be disappointed if we are not in top six.

Reason for optimism is the new system looks absolutely rock solid, we generated a lot of chances across the whole team, and it looks like a pretty soft run of games until Qatar.

Can always be derailed by injuries, and I am sure other teams will figure out new ways to come at us, but a lot of reasons to feel we we can maintain ourselves near the top.

• Like 1

Prior to last night, I was genuinely fearful that should we hit a bad patch, we'd struggle to fight our way out of it.

With a better luck on the injury front, and with a solid set up as we had last night, I'm far more confident.

As has been mentioned by a few posters, the team shape and set up last night was spot on. The back 3 are as good as it gets at this level. Ayala in particular is vital to the team.

42 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Had an argument with a Norwich fan on YouTube.  He doesn't think we are threat to Norwich because we're bottlers. He sees Burnley sheff utd and Watford as their threat. I think we will be top 6 by the time the world cup comes around 

Weird bunch those Norwich fans. One was arguing with me about Brereton Diaz having a better rating on Fifa Football than Pukki. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, roverandout said:

Had an argument with a Norwich fan on YouTube.  He doesn't think we are threat to Norwich because we're bottlers. He sees Burnley sheff utd and Watford as their threat. I think we will be top 6 by the time the world cup comes around 

The YouTube comment section isn’t exactly known for its rationality tbf.

• Like 1

Which way it will go up to the break for the World Cup is still up in the air.

5 defeats out of the last 7...currently in 7th spot...but only 5 points above the relegation zone...and only 3 pts above 17th.

Let's hope he can use his apparent coaching skills to get more consistent performances out of the team when we return for the Millwall game. 

• J*B unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2022 at 14:05, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's been a manager for 2 seasons. He's never managed in the Championship. He's inexperienced by any definition. 

Give him time to get his team together, unless we make it fortress Ewood and pick up points on the road i predict mid table. We have talent at Ewood that need time to mature.

• 3 months later...
  • Herbie6590 changed the title to League position prediction - now for season’s end…
17 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Well, we're doing a lot better than most of us predicted!

Same question for the 2nd half of the season:

Based on what you've seen so far, what position do you think we'll finish in at the end of the season?

Options:

1st -6th

7th - 13th

14th - 20th

21st - 24th

I'll go 7th-13th....

Around halfway.

51 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Well, we're doing a lot better than most of us predicted!

Same question for the 2nd half of the season:

Based on what you've seen so far, what position do you think we'll finish in at the end of the season?

Options:

1st -6th

7th - 13th

14th - 20th

21st - 24th

I'll go 7th-13th....

I originally predicted 14th - 20th. I'll bump it up 1 pack to 7th - 13th. 

In previous years we've bottled it when pressure has been on and then played much better when there is nothing to play for. 

The slide will continue and we'll drop down the table before putting some results together when it's too late.

• Like 1

12th. I think we'll have a very up and down season and I've no faith that the club will strengthen much in January. We've enough quality to finish mid table and perhaps more importantly, the quality of other teams this season isn't great.

Watford and Norwich tonight for example.

16th to 19th for me.

My offer of a £50 bet against Rovers finishing top half is still open for you (but only until midnight tonight) @chaddyroverswith the loser of the bet paying to a charity of the winner's choice.

Given your confidence in Waggott/JDT/Hirst, Chris, I fully expected my hand to be snapped off!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

• Backroom

Bottom half, how far down depends on how JDT adjusts his philosophy in the second half the season. The transfer window will obviously factor in as well. We won't get relegated but I can see us finishing a lot further down the table than seems possible at the moment. 

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

16th to 19th for me.

My offer of a £50 bet against Rovers finishing top half is still open for you (but only until midnight tonight) @chaddyroverswith the loser of the bet paying to a charity of the winner's choice.

Given your confidence in Waggott/JDT/Hirst, Chris, I fully expected my hand to be snapped off!

no thanks. not interested in any bets from anyone 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm certainly more confident than I was at the start of the season, when I genuinely thought we'd struggle. Tomasson has definitely exceeded my expectations on that front.

I think we'll finish around 8th or 9th.

Norwich, West Brom, Watford and Boro will strengthen and take the play off spots, I reckon.