BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Professional and enjoyable display without breaking a sweat. Good to see us scoring six goals and not relying on Kane to stick them in the onion bag.

Some open defending by us at the back could have seen Iran with three goals in spite of how abysmal they were. That's a slight concern, although perhaps we were playing a little too confidently as the game wore on. We won't have it as easy as that against USA and Wales.

Yes we will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hope no one did put a bet your prediction score

Maybe it's time you enjoyed the professional performance from England and back these players to bring the world cup home 

It was a training game

Ramsbottom United would give Iran a game

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DE. said:

Nothing wrong with VAR itself, just the people in charge of it. Not sure what happened to 'clear and obvious errors' but a kneecap being offside ain't it, whereas getting wrestled to the ground is. And yet...

A Uruguayan VAR official calling attention to mild shirt tugging, I just could not make that up.

It does explain allowing rugby tackles to go unpunished though.

14 minutes ago, Giant said:

That was an impressive performance by any standard, but spare a thought for the Iran players who refused to sing their national anthem in protest at what is going on in their country. They might face some serious repercussions when they get home.

I was thinking myself that it's a very brave move from them. I hope no harm comes to them or their loved ones.

If the national side are willing to protest like that, I suspect things are coming to a potential turning point over there. A full discussion of that belongs elsewhere of course, but best of luck to the Iranian people right now in achieving positive change.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

... and if Iran put 2 past anyone else.

I'm not quite sure what your point is here? Are you complaining because England let 2 goals in (one of which was never a penalty in a million years)? If so, that is possibly the most 'glass half empty' post in a very long time. It could quite literally have been double figures today, and if we leave ourselves a little bit open as a consequence so what?  We have all been complaining that Southgate has been too negative and needs to utilise our excellent forwards more. The poor guy can't win. Today was the ideal start for England, and it would be churlish to suggest otherwise.

• Like 7

It was only Iran, the same as it was only Algeria and it was only Iceland. "It was only XYZ" has tripped us up or led to dull 1 goal wins for all of my life time. 

Interesting how Iran went from a robust team who could easily cause England problems to "just Iran" in about 90 (or 110) minutes. 

Edited by RoverDom
  • Like 9

31 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I was thinking myself that it's a very brave move from them. I hope no harm comes to them or their loved ones.

If the national side are willing to protest like that, I suspect things are coming to a potential turning point over there. A full discussion of that belongs elsewhere of course, but best of luck to the Iranian people right now in achieving positive change.

You have to wonder if whats happening back home was on their minds and affected their performance,either that or they're just crap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I'm not quite sure what your point is here? Are you complaining because England let 2 goals in (one of which was never a penalty in a million years)? If so, that is possibly the most 'glass half empty' post in a very long time. It could quite literally have been double figures today, and if we leave ourselves a little bit open as a consequence so what?  We have all been complaining that Southgate has been too negative and needs to utilise our excellent forwards more. The poor guy can't win. Today was the ideal start for England, and it would be churlish to suggest otherwise.

My point is as pointless as the one you originally made. If no other team puts 6 past them, or if Iran put 2 past another side, it means nothing.

I don't get over excited by beating a third rate team by any number of goals. We've all been here before.

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

My point is as pointless as the one you originally made. If no other team puts 6 past them, or if Iran put 2 past another side, it means nothing.

I don't get over excited by beating a third rate team by any number of goals. We've all been here before.

Have we? My recollection of previous England WC finals group games against inferior teams has been that we have struggled.

Cheer up mate

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

No we haven't.  Bollocks.  When have England looked so good in an opening match?

14 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

It was only Iran, the same as it was only Algeria and it was only Iceland. "It was only XYZ" has tripped us up or led to dull 1 goal wins for all of my life time. 

Interesting how Iran went from a robust team who could easily cause England problems to "just Iran" in about 90 (or 110) minutes. 

It's to do with pre match perception and then moves on to what actually occured.

Not really difficult to grasp is it.

On 19/11/2022 at 19:07, jim mk2 said:

Why do England fans post this sort of stuff when England's history is one of failures and disappointment? Iran have won 17 of their past 21 games, and Wales and the US will be difficult opponents. None of the games will be easy and if England don't play well they will lose

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

It was a training game

Ramsbottom United would give Iran a game

Make your mind up. Iran have gone from a good side to a pub side in 48 hours. 

What happened to move your opinion? Oh yeah; England gave them a right beating. 

Pure trolling. 

• Like 7