BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The worst thing in the world for a player is to know that he’s in the team every week irrespective of performance.

No, the worst thing in the world for a player is to not be in the team every week regardless of performance, like has happened to a few of ours in recent years.

But yes, it's unhealthy to be guaranteed a starting spot regardless. Breeds complacency, and means you can't be taken out of the firing line when you're out of form.

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If I was reviewing Broughton's performance it would be no more than a 2 out of 10.

Think football is full of bullsh1tters and sadly, I think Broughton and JDT have added to the numbers.

I mean, you're entitled to have an opinion, obviously.

But this is genuinely just baffling...

• Like 9

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

For those getting their hopes up about Hugo Vetlesen, forget it. He's being linked with clubs like Benfica, and even then, he's well out of our price range.

Hopefully the bigger recruitment team that we've now got will have a few aces up their sleeves that we can afford and don't even know about yet.

Source?

we`ll see how ambitious swag and venkys are at the end of the month,sitting third in the new year,you would have thought they`de be spending money on reinforcements,personally if i was the manager and i did`nt get the funds to push on id`e be off,you could hardly blame jdt if he legged it either,long term project or not,if the owners ar`nt backing you then there is no point continuing

• Like 3

4 hours ago, roverstdt said:

I still believe Rhys Healy would be a good shout played 3 games this year one goal he works his socks off for the team almost like for like player with Sam Gallagher. Toulouse midfielder Branco Van Den Boomen out of contract in the summer is another interesting one! 

Rhys Healey is out injured with Cruciate Ligament Rupture

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

My opinions are based upon what I see:

• Hyam - undoubtedly an excellent signing
  • Brittain - looks promising though seems very injury prone.  Is he really that much better than Nyambe?
  • Szmodics - Think Posh really saw us coming.  Doesn't contribute enough and Championship might well be a league too high for him
  • Morton - too much hype for me about a very average player.  At 20, not a star in the making - otherwise would be knocking them bandy in the PL by now.  Worryingly, blocking the development of Adam Wharton
  • Hirst - scary, scary, scary.  Our prime  striking target and actually we looked to buy him.  A huge disaster.
  • Mola - runs Hirst close in the disaster stakes
  • Travis / Buckley - new lengthy contacts for two increasing liabilities

If I was reviewing Broughton's performance it would be no more than a 2 out of 10.

Think football is full of bullsh1tters and sadly, I think Broughton and JDT have added to the numbers.

2 out of 10? 🤣 I would say 7 out of 10

Hyam has been excellent signing. 

Morton has been a good signing. Good passer of the ball and he has had a positive impact here

Brittain has been good but a little too injury prone. Rated him highly before he joined here. 

Szmodics has been abit injury prone but has scored some goals and brilliant assist aswell. 

Hirst and Mola has been disappointed tho overall barely featured for us. 

Secured new contracts for 4 players of all came through our academy. Rebuild the Recruitment department and brought back the head of European Scouting role. 

30 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

We need forwards not defenders lol

we need a back up full back if Edun and Mola go. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Fulham might be recalling Rodrigo Muniz to send out elsewhere, he wouldn't be a bad signing.

don't know alot about him. Do you think he could a positive impact here?  

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

Norwich have turned down a bid for Cantwell from a championship club according to Sky, Rangers also in 

I hope this was us

5 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He can't be all that if Wigan want him and he's prepared to go there

He played at Wigan before he signed for Leeds. Strange for him but maybe going back there would be good for him. Think he could do alot better but hey ho

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Where is the Brown rumour? That would be really strange, from struggling to get into a League 2 side to a Championship move.

league 1

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

If they were, do you honestly believe he would be at Rovers?  It would be like Rovers loaning Brereton to Accie!

I'll have a £50 bet with you that next season, Morton is playing no higher than Championship football.  Loser pays to charity of winner's choice?

Dortmund have been scouting him this season with them moving to sign him in the summer. Maybe part of the Bellingham deal if he goes there. 

Like I said before I ain't interested in any bets or anything like that with you or anyone else. 

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Yet you had no qualms on judging a fullback purely on goals and assists for at least two years, because you didn’t like him.

I didn't like him. well that's a new one. The fact of the matter I never thought he was anymore than average at best in the league and I thought we could do alot better. I recommend Brittain on here for months to be sign here as Nyambe's replacement and we did. Smart move by us. 

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We are third in the league, the aim should be promotion. To not potentially sign an upgrade on what we have for fear of temporarily blocking the path of a couple of youngsters is loser talk. It's not as if neither can still get game time.

We are third in the league without this league so clearly the midfield have been more than good enough for the league. Isn't Garrett playing and Wharton on the bench and played earlier in the season. Lets keep developing what we have here 

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Millwall are rumoured to be after Ogbene who is soon to be out of contract, he is quick and a real threat, we should be all over that.

is that the Rotherham player? Winger/Striker isn't he?

• Backroom
1 hour ago, OssyLad said:

No thanks we don’t need anymore Cb’s 

I disagree, I think he'd be a great replacement for Ayala when he eventually leaves. Gives us plenty of options at the back without putting undue pressure on Phillips' development.

Although I do agree the a midfield enforcer amd a striker should be higher priority than another centre back.

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dortmund have been scouting him this season with them moving to sign him in the summer. Maybe part of the Bellingham deal if he goes there. 

Like I said before I ain't interested in any bets or anything like that with you or anyone else. 

I didn't like him. well that's a new one. The fact of the matter I never thought he was anymore than average at best in the league and I thought we could do alot better. I recommend Brittain on here for months to be sign here as Nyambe's replacement and we did. Smart move by us. 

We are third in the league without this league so clearly the midfield have been more than good enough for the league. Isn't Garrett playing and Wharton on the bench and played earlier in the season. Lets keep developing what we have here 

is that the Rotherham player? Winger/Striker isn't he?

Fair attitude. We are third so why try and improve, we are already good enough.

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Dortmund sign him Ill eat everybody's hats. To move to a CL club you would expect him to be unreal at this level. Hes looked competent, but nothing special...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Source?

I'm not seeing any real links to Benfica anywhere. There's a Benfica fan page on twitter tagging Vetlesen and urging their club to buy him. A few of their fans have been putting his name forward as an ideal signing and a possible replacement for Enzo Fernandez (linked with Chelsea), but that's about it.

Benfica are trying their best to sign Andreas Schjelderup and this has led to a few "we want Vetlesen too" posts from some of their fans. Unless Burger has seen something else which confirms Benfica are in for him, it seems to be wishful thinking on their fans part, for now.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If Dortmund sign him Ill eat everybody's hats. To move to a CL club you would expect him to be unreal at this level. Hes looked competent, but nothing special...

Jude Bellingham moved to Dortmund from a nearly relegated Blues, although he was younger than Morton is 

He did get young player of the season to be fair but that step up can be done

I wouldn’t have called Bellingham unreal at this level either, not at the time anyway 

Not that any of that thinks I mean Morton will go Dortmund by the way, but they make players better and Morton could be one that excels with elite level coaching 

Edited by Dreams of 1995

I've always thought Edun is a handy squad player to have around although i don't like him starting at LB or LWB

His best games have been midfield and cameo appearances and in typical modern Rovers fashion he's never really had chance in his best position. As mentioned he's got some decent youth pedigree and i'd expect him to shine if he drops back down a division.

For those thinking it's good he goes i'm not sure there'll be an overwhelming replacement more like another young loanee or GB shoving another kid into the squad.

• Like 3

no one has ever worked out that he can`t play full back,he is pretty decent when played in the middle of the park,one of tony`s gems last season when he played him against peterborough despite tayo not having played a minute since january,felt sorry for the lad,he was desperately short of match fitness,i hope it works out for him elsewhere

• Like 5