BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

7 hours ago, superniko said:

Proper doom and gloom stuff over on the PNE board. Talk of asset stripping, bad relationship between fans and Ridsdale, even someone saying a League 1 club had a bid accepted for Riis which I find hard to believe. Obviously some fear in the post-Hemmings world over there.

No harm in us looking there for a good deal though similar to Hyam at Coventry.

It’s been kicking off all day. Peter Risdale has revoked one their ITK’s tickets due to ‘leaking’ the Whiteman news and threatened legal action. Can’t see that going down well with their fan-base.

4 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

It’s been kicking off all day. Peter Risdale has revoked one their ITK’s tickets due to ‘leaking’ the Whiteman news and threatened legal action. Can’t see that going down well with their fan-base.

I thought they'd sold 12/13l season tickets ?

Only 11 thousand on on Saturday i believe, typical Preston they can't even get more than us when they are giving them away. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, yankfan said:

The time to sell Diaz was in the summer but the club was a captainless ship. With only 6 months on his deal no one is going to offer anything near what we value him at or what value he provides the side. He’s going to cash in as a free in the summer. Get to choose where to go…good on him he deserves it and our fault for not tying him down 18 or 24 months ago. 

24 months ago he wasn’t worth a carrot.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Ye I've looked into this.  It's a non story from the players point of view.  Totally made up by some naughty bugger. Although to be fair he wouldn't not be open to a move.

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A few people on here seemed very aggrieved that Mowbray didnt use Davenport more and subsequently we released him. Lincoln have also released him after barely featuring.

i was more aggrieved that he used to pick corry evans and elliot bennett every week tbh,on the rare occasions he did appear davenport looked ok

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't think you've really answered my question - namely what level of funding from the owners do you think is required in addition to what they have usually provided ?

All depends on why they bought the club in the first place. If it was to continue where we were when they bought it, obviously they have spent inadequately and on the wrong targets.

If they want to just limp along in the Championship year after year and they have no plans or ambition for the club, then it really doesn't matter.

My ideal answer is "whatever it takes" but I care and they don't.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BRFC_Polky said:

It gets better. PNE denied the above legal action threat to the LEP and that the ticket had been revoked. The LEP ran the denial.
Preston North End have their say on revoked ticket rumours ahead of Tottenham Hotspur FA Cup clash | Lancashire Evening Post (lep.co.uk)

The ITK (or someone he knew) posted the screenshots on twitter which had Risdales mob number on supposedly confirming the threats. Other ITK's confirmed it was Risdales number as he likes to contact people apparently. PNE have now just released the following. 🙂 

CONFIRMED - Club Statement - Whats App Message | PNE-Online

Proud Preston!

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It gets better. PNE denied the above legal action threat to the LEP and that the ticket had been revoked. The LEP ran the denial.
Preston North End have their say on revoked ticket rumours ahead of Tottenham Hotspur FA Cup clash | Lancashire Evening Post (lep.co.uk)

The ITK (or someone he knew) posted the screenshots on twitter which had Risdales mob number on confirming the threats. Other ITK's confirmed it was Risdales number as he likes to contact people apparently. PNE have now just released the following. 🙂 

CONFIRMED - Club Statement - Whats App Message | PNE-Online

Proud Preston!

All for nothing too...the power of t'internet

• Backroom

Re: the BBD pre-contract with Villarreal...

Could we tempt them with a few £m to take him now? Similar to how we brought in Hedges last Jan. To me the money is more important than the player in his current barren spell.

Although he goes with my best wishes for giving us a hell of a story. Even if it was a marketing freebie left in the drain by Paul 'I can't market my own club to my own son' Fielder.

Edited by Mike E

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we don`t need any defenders,ffs has everyone at brockhall finally completely lost the plot,we need midfielders and a centre forward,as for diaz,if it`s true,what a way to run a business,buy someone for 7 million and then let him go for peanuts,this must be the new regime that has a definative plan for the future🤣

Wrong, I'm afraid we won't even be receiving any peanuts for Ben.

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

Re: the BBD pre-contract with Villarreal...

Could we tempt them with a few £m to take him now? Similar to how we brought in Hedges last Jan. To me the money is more important than the player in his current barren spell.

Although he goes with my best wishes for giving us a hell of a story. Even if it was a marketing freebie left in the drain by Paul 'I can't market my own club to my own son' Fielder.

If we get less than £5m for him we may as well keep him tbh. He may spark into life.

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

I can’t see him upping sticks to Spain just as his first kid has been born. Give it six months and then head over? Absolutely. 

Afraid it’s going to have to be another bitter pill for us to swallow. Four on the bounce now with this being the most costly.

49 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I can’t see him upping sticks to Spain just as his first kid has been born. Give it six months and then head over? Absolutely. 

Afraid it’s going to have to be another bitter pill for us to swallow. Four on the bounce now with this being the most costly.

Bonkers the amount of potential money we've let walk out of the door. And for what? 

Only chance we have now, unless he's off to Spain in the summer, is a desperate Prem club like Everton or West Ham hitting the panic button and giving us £5+ and tempting him into the prem with silly money.

We invested so much money and time into him, the aim was always to make a profit on what we paid for him, surely? And yet we just let him walk for nothing but still complain about the restrictions FFP put on us 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 3

No club can ever rely on FFP as an excuse when it has watched £20 million+ worth of players walk for nothing in the space of two transfer windows.

Apparently the way around this inconvenient reality is that we should forget everything that happened prior to this season and that now we have Broughton in place this sort of thing won't happen again. Not sure how or why I should believe that when fundamentally it remains the same ownership and board with the same financial approach running things

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 8