BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

30 minutes ago, neophox said:

Ike Igbo recently signed a 4 year deal for Troyes...surely a loan to buy if coming here...good player and miles better than Hirst.

Maya is an interesting one with 6 months left...grab him..

If he's just signed a 4 year deal, it would more likely be a loan with no option, surely?

3 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Know nothing about Ugbo, never heard of him before this afternoon. Having watched a few clips he looks to have some pace and strength about hin. Different to what we have had up there in recent times. His scoring record hardly inspires though, but let's see what he is about.

It looks like we are trying to address the lack of pace in our side, with next to nothing to play with budget wise. Thomas and Ugbo will offer us pace at least, which could give us a different edge, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with how things are going so far in this window. I rate Thomas and he has assists in his locker to go with the speed, but was hoping for more overall.

You can see JDT getting frustrated by how slow we have been with signings, it's probably getting to Broughton too. For the second January in a row, the budget is killing any promotion hopes we have and that's on the owners, IMO.

That the squad is too thin is bourne out by the number of late goals we concede. Other teams bring on 3 or 4 with some time to go. They're fresh and make a difference. Meanwhile we hang on or bring on players who are worse.

The January window destroyed our promotion hopes last  season, it looks like it'll be the same outcome this season.

We have the resources  to remain in the Championship but no more than that. The sad truth.

Very different than JDT promised when he arrived.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

That the squad is too thin is bourne out by the number of late goals we concede. Other teams bring on 3 or 4 with some time to go. They're fresh and make a difference. Meanwhile we hang on or bring on players who are worse.

The January window destroyed our promotion hopes last  season, it looks like it'll be the same outcome this season.

We have the resources  to remain in the Championship but no more than that. The sad truth.

Very different than JDT promised when he arrived.

venkys gave mowbray plenty of support financially,so we do have the resources,ar`nt  they supposed billionaires

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, neophox said:

Krasso striker at Saint Etienne has an expiring contract..

A classic target man, Krasso is superb in the air, but without sacrificing much in the way of movement or energy. While Sainté have struggled this season, it’s not for anything Krasso has done wrong. Displaying a talent which belies his physical gifts, his dynamism is elemental to the team’s pressing while his passing can be almost audacious at times.

Clever with the ball at his feet and possessed of a fine first touch, Krasso’s catalogue of feints, touches, and layoffs is impressive indeed

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, imy9 said:

A classic target man, Krasso is superb in the air, but without sacrificing much in the way of movement or energy. While Sainté have struggled this season, it’s not for anything Krasso has done wrong. Displaying a talent which belies his physical gifts, his dynamism is elemental to the team’s pressing while his passing can be almost audacious at times.

Clever with the ball at his feet and possessed of a fine first touch, Krasso’s catalogue of feints, touches, and layoffs is impressive indeed

Well that's what JDT wants ..has to be Krasso surely.

8 minutes ago, imy9 said:

His clips on YouTube shows all Of the above. Looks like a unit, quick and can finish.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

His clips on YouTube shows all Of the above. Looks like a unit, quick and can finish.

Seems more of a BBD run at the defence type forward than a box finisher based on the You tube vids I've seen. Good feet, not much of him competing in the air though.

Does seem an achievable signing - St Etienne are League 2 which has a much lower profile than the English Championship, and his contract is expiring as others say. Could be the one?

Edited by joey_big_nose

Krasso looks another player with a mediocre strike rate in  lower leagues. They've left it too late again and are now scurrying around looking for someone to fill in. This should have all been sorted weeks ago. Broughton has had months to target the right players. He had a free pass last summer because he came in late but there's no excuse this time 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

venkys gave mowbray plenty of support financially,so we do have the resources,ar`nt  they supposed billionaires

They did but what's that got to do with now? We only have the resources if Venkys agree to expend them, surely?

Given up trying to work Venkys out! Hide behind FFP is the Ewood motto these days.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Krasso looks another player with a mediocre strike rate in  lower leagues. They've left it too late again and are now scurrying around looking for someone to fill in. This should have all been sorted weeks ago. Broughton has had months to target the right players. He had a free pass last summer because he came in late but there's no excuse this time 

Yeah - has scored 1 in 2 this season (though 4 of the 9 goals he scored were in one match). Prior to this season he's been a 1 in 4ish. 

So not prolific like Undav at all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

zero ambition down at ewood,i can see jdt walking at the end of the season,i don`t think he`s one to hang around in midtable if he can`t get the players he wants,having said that i don`t think he`s a very good coach tbh

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, roverandout said:

It was sorted out weeks ago, with the lad from Brighton , finances sorted with Brighton then the lad has changed his mind and wants to fight for his place, that’s what happens, nothing we could do,just move on to the next target .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

zero ambition down at ewood,i can see jdt walking at the end of the season,i don`t think he`s one to hang around in midtable if he can`t get the players he wants,having said that i don`t think he`s a very good coach tbh

That may or may not be such a bad thing but we'll see how the season pans out although the DoF model we have now should minimise the fall out from head coach and staff changes.

Trouble is it's them who need to give these guys the right players to coach and fit in the team structure so whoever follows will be similar. Try as i might i just don't see JDT pulling off a Wagner here but there seems no real remit for him to do that anyway.

• Backroom

The point of a project is getting unpolished gems rather than finished products, right?

Players like Ugbo and Krasso (even Bishop to a degree) make sense as signings. A 1 in 4 record for a big unit or a pacey player isn't that bad.

Supplying him can turn one into a proper player.

We've seen it ourselves with Gestede (King too, to an extent) suddenly being supplied by Marshall and Conway.

• Like 3