BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

It will go through, the players union will have a field day if it doesn’t and LOB is left in limbo for 6 months. No benefit to anyone.

Is there any windows still open abroad?

Could be an option for him until the summer.

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Songman said:

If this doesn't go through then the supporters who haven't had the interest knocked out of them yet, need to let the club know of there disproval at the wigan game on Monday.

What you thinking to get the message across? I know other clubs have done tennis ball protests etc.

In off topic news my daughter and her pals had a great birthday party with these cheap, inflatable clocks:

https://www.cutpricewholesaler.com/toys/inflatables/x99351-inflatable-jumbo-clock-with-necklace-24.5cm?cPath=160&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIranL0Mz0_AIVj5ftCh3QzgEsEAQYASABEgLfZfD_BwE#googlebase

Flavor Flav style! 😀 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wasn't going to comment until something official was announced but can't resist any longer. Why the assumption that IF things have gone wrong it's the owners fault? Surely it would be the fault of those on the ground tasked with getting the deals done. The only way in which the owners could be to blame would be if they'd changed their minds about a deal/deals at the last minute which hardly seems likely.

IF everything has gone wrong I think I could cope with an announcement that we've signed no-one and Waggott and Broughton have received their P45's.

I could also cope with it if deals have been done and it's merely poor PR but whether it's sheer incompetence or they're sitting there for a few hours pissing themselves watching everyone work themselves up into a lather it's extremely poor form.

Right that's it, definitely over and out until official word is forthcoming. 

Don't get me wrong, I would strongly consider the future of Broughton if this all goes to shit this window, and Waggott has never demonstrated any use.

But the exact same thing has happened before under Venkys with different staff. It's not an unfounded assumption.

1 minute ago, blue_n_white99 said:

At least we didn't lose BBD for nothing.............oh wait, the doors just fell off the car, the clown show of all transfer clown shows

A friend of mine was saying what a shambles we are for not getting any money for Brereton Diaz. I explained that this is common place for Venky's owned Rovers, but I think it's fair to say that supporters of other clubs genuinely don't know how badly our club is run. If we fail with these deals over late paperwork, it's going to highlight the problem even more. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Don't get me wrong, I would strongly consider the future of Broughton if this all goes to shit this window, and Waggott has never demonstrated any use.

But the exact same thing has happened before under Venkys with different staff. It's not an unfounded assumption.

I want to see those accountable, hung, drawn and quartered if this goes tits up

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blue_n_white99 said:

At least we didn't lose BBD for nothing.............oh wait, the doors just fell off the car, the clown show of all transfer clown shows

When you look at the complete picture, it's an absolute shambles.

Hirst, a failed signing with much fanfare from our DOF is sent back.
BBD signs pre contract - Rovers get nothing.
Sorba comes in on loan - on paper looks a good signing IF he can repeat his previous Hudds form.
We may or may not be signing a striker on loan - but we don't.
Markanday sent out on loan.
O Brien linked, then isn't, then is, then isn't.
Markanday sent out on loan.
O Brien deal back on, he's having a medical... And we're signing him, but maybe not.
And we may or may not be signing a youth midfielder. There's pictures of him with a Rovers shirt, but no word from the club.

Silence befalls the club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

My suspicion is that the extra paperwork required for the permanent part of the deal wasn't expected, and it caught us out. We probably submitted the extra paperwork after 11pm.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we tried to just omit that particular bit of the paperwork hoping nobody would notice, as I’d be amazed if that potential expenditure would ever be sanctioned.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Heads should roll if this goes tits up those doing it aren't fit for purpose this is a new look set up designed specifically to do these kind of deals.

Plenty of "heads" here.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/december/19/the-team-behind-the-team-/

But looks like they forgot to appoint a head of getting it over the fecking line.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Never known a deal like this in my life, it’s a dark day for blackburn rovers. And I mean that in that the world can now see how mismanaged we are, and how far the club has fallen. Simply, we deserve better 

Certain people on this site will say otherwise (and I'm not naming names) but everything about this starts and ends with the owners.
The total disinterest and dare I say disdain (expecting numerous managers to come and kiss the ring) for the club emanates from there and just filters down into everyone else, Pasha, Waggott even it seems down to just randomers on the admin side if a basic document cant be sent to the EFL on time.

I often say the players are in a holiday camp, but those behind the scenes obviously are too. No real desire or ambition to better the club just do the absolute bare minimum, if even that. Oh and pocket fortunes while they are at.

They are all deckchairs on the titanic as far as I am concerned. The real problem always has been and will always be those shower of clowns in India. 

• Like 7

The silence is deafening and maybe the worst part of all of this.

Not doing your jobs properly shouldn't be excused, but shying away from your mistakes and not keeping supporters informed (even if it's that we're waiting on approval or that the move is being challenged) is worse and can't be ignored. 

• Like 3