BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I agree on the promotion aspect Gav but I think he would have massively improved us and made us better to watch. I saw him several times last season and thought he was the best player in the Championship. 

If making us better to watch is the goal, then bringing him in would probably do that. I thought he was a player at Udders, had real quality in the games I saw.

But he’s not leading this side to promotion and he’ll be gone in May, you have to wonder what the strategy is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

If we've cocked this up as seems are we going to be liable for a massive wage for a player we can't play? 😕

I was thinking that, but he wouldn’t be our player as the transfer wasn’t sanctioned by EFL and so we couldn’t pay him a salary. However, I guess Forrest could try to sue us though. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Really? I always remember thinking the deadline was a bit of a farce because they would always say clubs had been given additional time to get the paper work though...did I completely imagine that?

Having read the decision in this arbitration case from 2020, I think it may come down to which document wasn't filed before the deadline and how soon after the deadline it was filed. The guidance (page 10 of the arbitration decision) says that a club will be deemed to have met the deadline if the EFL office receives the appropriate registration or loan form before the deadline. Other related documentation (e.g. transfer agreements, contracts) can be submitted late provided the EFL office receives them "immediately following" the deadline. The guidelines also say that the transfer agreement/contract must have been agreed before the deadline though.

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c9fc5dceaa7f4b62b81dca0b9e2f7c9d/201028-nottingham-forest-football-club-v-the-english-football-league.pdf

• Like 2

1 minute ago, D-side17 said:

Having read the decision in this arbitration case from 2020, I think it may come down to which document wasn't filed before the deadline and how soon after the deadline it was filed. The guidance (page 10 of the arbitration decision) says that a club will be deemed to have met the deadline if the EFL office receives the appropriate registration or loan form before the deadline. Other related documentation (e.g. transfer agreements, contracts) can be submitted late provided the EFL office receives them "immediately following" the deadline. The guidelines also say that the transfer agreement/contract must have been agreed before the deadline though.

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c9fc5dceaa7f4b62b81dca0b9e2f7c9d/201028-nottingham-forest-football-club-v-the-english-football-league.pdf

Surely the registration is the one they would have filed first and on time…: surely 

Just now, Gav said:

If making us better to watch is the goal, then bringing him in would probably do that. I thought he was a player at Udders, had real quality in the games I saw.

But he’s not leading this side to promotion and he’ll be gone in May, you have to wonder what the strategy is.

He put a Huddersfield squad, no better than ours is right now IMO, on his back and charged into the playoffs last year. Don't bet on him not doing it again. They only lost twice in the second half of the season. Much better starting position.

May sound like a bit of a fanboy but this guy is a complete monster in the midfield. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

Placate fans with 'marquee signings' to keep them quiet for 6 months.  Then start the process all over again 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

I can't for the life of me accept that a championship football club, a premier league football club and a premier League player and agent, would not have known this detail to get the deal done.

All parties surely have access to well paid legal advice on these things.

Rovers signed Brereton 'on loan with a view to buy' from the same club so surely everyone on both sides knew the process that needed to be followed.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Must be bad if your being critical of it all 

But honestly i agree, no O'Brien and no striker would be an absolute joke!  Oh and whispers too we haven't even signed that 19yo Rochdale lad either 

We could literally have 0 signings made on deadline day

I am concerned that we haven't got a striker in during this window. A proven number 9 striker is what we need if we to stay in the playoff hunt. I would like to know the reason why we didn't get a striker in and I will await the Gregg Broughton's interview and what actually happened as I want to know the fact behind it. We should have got one in no question asked

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Chaddy is uncharacteristically quiet today. I wonder why?

Not really after working night shifts I sleep during the day. Plus also there is no news on the transfer front just speculating after speculating 

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

@chaddyrovers out of interest can you wait all night again?

I work nights Tom so I can stay up all night

2 hours ago, booth said:

Plenty of "heads" here.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/december/19/the-team-behind-the-team-/

But looks like they forgot to appoint a head of getting it over the fecking line.

The recruitment team isn't in charge of making transfer happening but finding targets within our playing budget that we think would improve the team. simply their job is to find players, scout them, either recommend them or not then present a shortlist to GB and JDT to decide who we want, then GB and SW need to negotiating the transfer with the club, player and agent. 

• Like 2

This is a bit of a madness

Have there been a lot of situations like this across the EFL today? To not have a decision at this hour suggests there is a technicality neither us or the EFL has considered

Contracts and the rules around them are black and white for a reason. How is it taking them 18+ hours to make a decision? 

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

This is a bit of a madness

Have there been a lot of situations like this across the EFL today? To not have a decision at this hour suggests there is a technicality neither us or the EFL has considered

Contracts and the rules around them are black and white for a reason. How is it taking them 18+ hours to make a decision? 

seems like plenty of deals like this aswell