BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

• Backroom

Not the line up I would have gone for (I would have Scott starting and Adam on the bench) but I don’t have us third in the table 

Just don’t capitulate whatever happens!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like 4-3-3 formation today. 

Szmodics is out injured 

Blimey, throwing in Mola in his first league start and Garrett ahead of Adam Wharton. No Scott Wharton in defence.

A big tombola spin this one!

On the other hand, a pretty strong bench but Adam Wharton should have been on it if he wasn't starting.

Hope Travis isn't RWB, though he's done a job at times.

A. Wharton is a miss, presumably, injured. Szmodics absence is no surprise. I think throughout his Rovers career he will struggle to play 3 consecutive games, given his injury record.

Edit: I wonder if Tomasson has decided Wharton Junior isn't suited to the battle that this game might be?

Edited by riverholmes

Just now, booth said:

Blimey, throwing in Mola in his first league start and Garrett ahead of Adam Wharton. No Scott Wharton in defence.

On the other hand, a pretty strong bench but Adam Wharton should have been on it if he wasn't starting.

Maybe Adam Wharton is injured?

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you are good enough regardless of age, then surely you play

Well no, a lot more goes into selection than that. If it was that simple anyone could be a football manager. I just hope JDT has spoken to Garrett about being sensible and not lunging into tackles unnecessarily. 

It can only be left back to counter their seriously quick wingers. I suspect Szmodics being injured has forced his hand in midfield, so he’s matched them.

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Hyam Mola

Travis Morton Garrett 

Hedges Gallagher Brereton. 

Nothing like I would have done, but that’s a team trying to win not contain them. 

• Like 3

Huge responsibility being put on both Mola and Garrett. Shows that JDT truly trusts the youngsters. Wharton brothers will be gutted!

Biggest concern is only having one ball player in the middle of the park. We've seen time and again when we can't make it stick in the middle, we struggle to link the defence and the attack.

Think Hedges is crucial. The only time we've seen inverted wing backs work is when he was on the pitch as he was able to offer something going forwards. Against Coventry Brittain at left back resulted in 100% of our play going down the left. Hedges has to offer an outlet on the right. 

Hopefully with Burnley looking to dominate possession Garrett and Trav can disrupt and we hit them on the counter. 

Time for players to make themselves legends today. Diaz to make himself an immortal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I might be wrong but I don't see it as a tombola spin I see it as rewarding players who played well in mid week if you perform you keep the shirt good management ( in theory please god in practice too)

Scott Wharton has hit a bit of a bad spell of form lately, but the home grown aspect makes his absence a surprise to us fans. Apparently Mola was fantastic against West Ham so his inclusion makes sense. 

Certainly a curve ball or two there. Personally I’ll be terrified if it is inverted wingbacks, but however they line up, they all have a chance to become a hero!

Just now, DE. said:

Well no, a lot more goes into selection than that. If it was that simple anyone could be a football manager. I just hope JDT has spoken to Garrett about being sensible and not lunging into tackles unnecessarily. 

Maybe it's his tackling why he been picked today

Obviously more goes into it but age shouldn't be factor when picking a team but it's what you bring to the team and how we want to play

2 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

I might be wrong but I don't see it as a tombola spin I see it as rewarding players who played well in mid week if you perform you keep the shirt good management ( in theory please god in practice too)

Buckley is on the bench after months of being out in the cold, so you could be right.