BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Time up for City?

This may be behind their paywall so might not work for all?

The story about Mam City breaking FFP and Premier League rules 100 times or more must also be reported elsewhere.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f2f9e8b8-a659-11ed-9311-522a2d54b6fd?shareToken=a2cc879f9afb210e18c605bd3022a5c9

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b05fb37e-a5fb-11ed-9311-522a2d54b6fd?shareToken=8ebff75193720a60c8b35c336ac4c6d4

Edited by JohnD

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

This may be behind their paywall so might not work for all?

The story about Mam City breaking FFP and Premier League rules 100 times or more must also be reported elsewhere.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f2f9e8b8-a659-11ed-9311-522a2d54b6fd?shareToken=a2cc879f9afb210e18c605bd3022a5c9

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b05fb37e-a5fb-11ed-9311-522a2d54b6fd?shareToken=8ebff75193720a60c8b35c336ac4c6d4

No way. They’ll get a severe letting off.

• Like 6

This differs from the UEFA action in as much as “The Premier League” is whatever 14 clubs want it to be…so the line the PL will take will be the one advocated by 14 clubs. I think it will be relatively easy to align 14 (19?) clubs to take a hard line…

The worry for the PL clubs is how much they are prepared to spend on legal fees in the courts to enforce it…

• Like 2

I'd love nothing more than to see the end of the era of the Premier league (and english football in general) being a multi billionaires playground.

Especially the owners from  ethically questionable parts of the world whose wealth has been built on all that is wrong in the world.

Just all a money laundering paradise me feels. 

• Like 7

If anything, this could simply lead to a break away super league. No need to follow the premier league rules then and it just let's the filthy rich backers so what they want.

I would never watch it and I am slowly but surely falling out of love with the game anyway.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, lraC said:

If anything, this could simply lead to a break away super league. No need to follow the premier league rules then and it just let's the filthy rich backers so what they want.

I would never watch it and I am slowly but surely falling out of love with the game anyway.

Let them break away i say. Fk em. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Let them break away i say. Fk em. 

This, I was totally indifferent when the ESL stuff was announced however long ago it was, as far as I'm concerned it's the next logical step in the 'progression' that has been ongoing for the last 30 years. I feel genuinely sorry for the older generation of Spurs, Man United fans et al who've seen their club transform before their eyes, but I struggle to comprehend why 'We need to spend at least £100M to get the keeper, left back and striker we need' is the accepted standard, but the devil to pay for such lavishness is horrid. You made your beds guys...

• Like 3

On 08/02/2023 at 03:24, Silas said:

Hankies at the ready, poor Man City are the victims here 😪😪:

To be fair there is a grain of truth to that as the red scum, Chelsea and Liverpool have spent shit loads of money over the last 30 years buying trophies. 

City are an easy target because they were a shit team that all of a sudden became huge and successful due to being bought out by a nation state. 

Fuck the lot of them. They have made the game so boring.

And for all those who want to throw the old "Jack Walker" comments our way, Jack was from Blackburn, supported Rovers and made his business and his money in the town.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 5

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

To be fair there is a grain of truth to that as the red scum, Chelsea and Liverpool have spent shit loads of money over the last 30 years buying trophies. 

City are an easy target because they were a shit team that all of a sudden became huge and successful due to being bought out by a nation state. 

My bitterness probably just stems from countless clubs in the Championship (including us) being punished with transfer embargos etc whilst the teams in the Prem seem to get away with murder.

And what better figurehead to be an example for punishment than the club that has won 4 of the last 5 titles.

That, and they're still on my shit list for booing at HT when being down to Spurs. Poor little babies, not being 3 nil up by the break, my heart bleeds for them! 

• Like 2

There's a good letter in the Times today from a Manchester resident pointing out that the owners of United have extracted billions from the club over the years without spending a penny on infrastructure, the ground, the training ground or the local community (sound familiar Venky's?) whereas the opposite is true of City where among many improvements to the immediate local area a vast swathe of the east side of Manchester has been revitalised by investment in infrastructure and regeneration. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

And for all those who want to throw the old "Jack Walker" comments our way, Jack was from Blackburn, supported Rovers and made his business and his money in the town.

Walker would have been even more admirable if he hadn't scarpered to the Channel Islands to avoid paying UK tax on the sale of his business.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Because Man United have benefitted from winning everything in sight since the advent of Sky TV, expanded their fan base and taken the cash that comes with it, the only way to get close to them is by spending boat loads of cash.

If not, we’re just stuck with other clubs with huge fan bases and revenues winning it or competing every time. Shite for the fans and the contest as a whole. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I agree. Whilst it's difficult to have much sympathy for City, this is a case, imo, of the Premier League trying to flex its muscles because its beloved cartel of clubs has been broken up by a club that isn't supposed to be up there.

A club that has won 4 out of the last 5 titles and has left United in the dust. A club that has seen off Liverpool, who look to be falling away now. Arsenal, who before this season, weren't even a thought for City. The bigwigs can't have their dearly thought of brushed aside like this, so something needs to be done.

If City are found guilty of breaches then fair enough, they will have to face the consequences. That needs to apply to the other big heads too though. There's no way Chelsea can carry on spending as they are, I'd like to think.

Those two clubs are, imo, mainly responsible for the crazy levels of spending that are required nowadays to win the Premier League.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I agree. Whilst it's difficult to have much sympathy for City, this is a case, imo, of the Premier League trying to flex its muscles because its beloved cartel of clubs has been broken up by a club that isn't supposed to be up there.

A club that has won 4 out of the last 5 titles and has left United in the dust. A club that has seen off Liverpool, who look to be falling away now. Arsenal, who before this season, weren't even a thought for City. The bigwigs can't have their dearly thought of brushed aside like this, so something needs to be done.

If City are found guilty of breaches then fair enough, they will have to face the consequences. That needs to apply to the other big heads too though. There's no way Chelsea can carry on spending as they are, I'd like to think.

Those two clubs are, imo, mainly responsible for the crazy levels of spending that are required nowadays to win the Premier League.

100%

I remember that transfer fees had started to calm down a bit until Abramovic bought Chelsea, then they went mental.

When City got taken over that was basically it for any smaller teams.

I mean, even if venkys hadn't turned out to be the festering pieces of toxic waste that they are, there is no way they would ever be able to compete with the wealth of a nation state.

Nothing will happen, at best they'll get a fine (which means very little to people with that much wealth), the problem is that whatever Mickey mouse punishment they hand out will set the precedent for future punishments and clubs like Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle etc will just accept that fine as part of huge spending sprees.

The European Super league would replace the champions league, teams still compete domestically, so Premier League won't care too much about that.