BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

33 minutes ago, neophox said:

That's why we're not in the top three right now...Vale is pants.. Gally was hoping for a Mowbray escape in January and Breos head is in Spain. Should had sold them all in January and invested in his own strikers..

Gallagher has looked a bit like he's not as committed as usual, nothing against him but i'd have driven him up there.

It's time for a parting of ways and put 15/20k pwk to better use if we could get some sort of fee as well that would be a real result. Sadly for the chocolate bar expert his mob won't be paying money or wages for Gally so i'd expect him to be another who will walk for noting in 18 months after costing us millions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

No I'm assuming based on GB's words (10.50pm submission) and the fact we've appealled, and the fact the appeal hasn't been answered 3 working days after it was due to be.

Remove the Nixon element from anything I've said and the point remains. There is no reason for this to drag if the fault lies entirely with Rovers.

Did we get a date on when we were to get an answer on the outcome of the appeal?

1 hour ago, ElTwis said:

A Club will still be deemed to have met the deadline if, even after the deadline, amendments are requested by the League to correct errors or omissions in the documents already submitted, but both the League and the FA will not complete the registration of the Player until the amendments are provided and found to be in order.

This feels fairly relevant!

That seems very relevant. Like a typo etc should not block a move, you would think they would just ask for it to be amended. Be nice to put that side of it to bed anyway and focus on the bigger issue which is the EFL coming back with some BS questions about relegation. Starting to think the blame is more on the EFL side. Still a pair of them in it judging by GB's interview as he was far from adament that we were blameless so just looks like both parties made a balls of it.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Fair enough.

FWIW imo even IF the reason for the appeal was the EFL asking what would happen if we were promoted then relegated then that wouldn't be a valid reason imo.

If the EFL raise any sort of  requisition within reason then it would still be incumbent on us to answer it to their satisfaction before the deadline expired.

It's not 'within reason' though. It's a pointless and petty query. It's not reasonable that they plucked it out of their arse and we had no reason to expect it. Not sure how that can be considered our fault if that's the cause of problems. They could have sent it back to ask us what LOB's grandad is called or something, that would be our fault too would it?

Edited by bluebruce

2 hours ago, BigBar said:

That seems very relevant. Like a typo etc should not block a move, you would think they would just ask for it to be amended. Be nice to put that side of it to bed anyway and focus on the bigger issue which is the EFL coming back with some BS questions about relegation. Starting to think the blame is more on the EFL side. Still a pair of them in it judging by GB's interview as he was far from adament that we were blameless so just looks like both parties made a balls of it.

We should have known that leaving it till 10-50pm when the deadline was 11pm was asking for trouble. That said the EFL is not coming out of this very well.

The problem is now time, every game that goes by makes this signing less less and less relevant to our season. A great shame.

• Like 1

The EFL have messed this up so badly. They are making it worse for themselves with every passing day. The only way they can get out of this is if they can come up with a genuine reason the transfer shouldn't have gone through and logic says if there was one, it would have been rejected long ago. 

Right now, if they block the transfer, they risk being taken to court. 

Allow the transfer to go through and we are well within our rights to seek compensation for three games missed because of their error.

It's not been mentioned much yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the PFA get involved on O'brien behalf. He is also well within his right to seek compensation.

Everyday that passes this just gets more and more messy.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why would Greggy come out and accept full responsibility for the cock up then?  That doesn't make sense if you believe the EFL cocked up...

He took responsibility but made it very clear that there were internal and external factors. Until all the facts are out there, we are guessing but the wait certainly suggests that there’s more to it than Rovers simply cocking it up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why would Greggy come out and accept full responsibility for the cock up then?  That doesn't make sense if you believe the EFL cocked up...

I mentioned this earlier which is a concern. He had a guilty aura about him but maybe it was the beer fear or maybe he knew that it should have been submitted earlier reagrdless thus allowing time for any issues or queries. 

It's like leaving for a match at 2 o clock knowing it takes 45 mins. There is a crash on the way, not your fault but it makes you think "should I have left at 1.45?". You question yourself.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The longer and longer it goes on, the leas benefit we gain from any positive outcome from the appeal. How many games will he have missed by the time it concludes?

Which makes me think EFL dont see it as high priority as theyve done nothing wrong or/and ........someone there has made a massive mistake. 

But why no media headlines ? Apart from Nicko.

Edited by Cherry Blue

Is the EFL, or any associated legal authority, obliged to announce the result of an appeal such as this? Or does the result go privately to the club that brings the appeal, and therefore it is up to the club to announce the result?

I haven't had time to read up on what the state of play is, but I gather that there is no official word from anywhere, yet. Is the appeal really dragging on because there are grey areas and complications? Or have Rovers actually had their appeal rejected, but still think they can get it overturned?

It's all very odd. Meanwhile, the squad looks like it will remain as it is for the rest of the season.

25 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I just cant read this at all. If it was going to go in our favour, the EFL are making it much worse from themselves by dragging it out. On the flip side if it wasn't going in our favour we surely would have heard by now. 

My thinking exactly. Say they'd made the decision last Thursday or even end of day Friday, there's a good chance we'd have been willing to move on and not seek compensation should the deal be approved.  As it stands if it were approved I'd be quite annoyed if we didn't seek compensation for the games missed. 

Like you say, if it wasn't going to go through, surely we would have heard by now. 

The only other option I can think of is that behind closed doors the EFL have hinted to us they were going to turn it down and we've let them know we'd be bringing in lawyers and taking things further which has spooked the EFL, thus causing a longer delay. Its the only scenario I can think of which makes any semblance of sense right now.

I can’t get past the idea that someone at this club thought it a good idea to commit to a fee of up to £10m plus a PL wages contract for a player not proven to be PL class in any way. We don’t even know for sure he would perform for us.

Why would any club do that?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

GB came out and said there are things we can do better. I think he likened it to a player getting a harsh red card, in that we may not agree with the decision but we can't give the officials the option in the first place. Quite right

Rubbish, a you describe something that is subjective, filling forms etc is black and white, Greggy foooked it right up.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, den said:

I can’t get past the idea that someone at this club thought it a good idea to commit to a fee of up to £10m plus a PL wages contract for a player not proven to be PL class in any way. We don’t even know for sure he would perform for us.

It was included because we know that promotion has a very, very slim chance of happening so it doesn't matter, and well If we somehow snuck up through the play offs, £10m is relative peanuts to what we would earn through the promotion.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, den said:

That money would only be paid if we got promoted.

He is a proven top end championship player even if he didn't prove himself to be premier League quality parachute clubs would give us half that ten million fee back or even if kept on and we got relegated we would have him for a promotion campaign.

Trying to sign a player of O'Brien's quality isn't something they should be criticised for.

• Like 5