BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

Fortunately for us, Trav has stepped up and is producing the kind of midfield displays that we'd get from O'Brien (kind of).

But I agree, we do need full disclosure from the club.

• Like 4

A big chunk of the money the players so valiantly earned last night has been wasted on legal fees as a result of incompetence. Operation Face Save has failed and we have to be told the truth about the whole sorry saga. Seemingly the appeal was based on this: The club challenged that decision on the basis of a legal interpretation of the Regulations around meeting the relevant deadline.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Really disappointing and the timing is dreadful given the good feeling around the club from recent results and performances. Let’s hope that Greg B does now at least offer full disclosure about what did actually happen and how we got it so badly wrong.

I've got to the stage were I am not really bothered who messed up. Let's hope that lessons have  been learnt.

• Like 3

Lewis O'Brien has been collateral damage in this mess and I hope it doesn't have an adverse effect on his career. He will probably be out of pocket through not playing by missing out on bonuses and appearance money. All through incompetent people who are at our club.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

If Nixon is right - and the league questioned whether we would buy if relegated - the EFL really need to look at themselves. If that is true - they really haven't won as most fair minded people would say it was a ridiculous request.

An appeal to the EFL failed and now an independent arbitrator has thrown out our case. Everything points to complete incompetence by somebody at Rovers. St Gregg has promised us full disclosure - I await with bated breath.

And this was the basis of the appeal (it reads to me like they were looking for a loophole):

The club challenged that decision on the basis of a legal interpretation of the Regulations around meeting the relevant deadline.

49 minutes ago, rigger said:

I've got to the stage were I am not really bothered who messed up. Let's hope that lessons have  been learnt.

And now you see why the kicked down the road, apathy would always prevail.

Ah well....

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I'm out at the moment so can't read this properly, but I see the is a timeline of events in the EFL statement.

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/2360941774f04705bf2c384b511bca04/230228---blackburn-rovers-v-efl---decision.pdf

Good find.

It's clear from the report that someone really fucked up. And we use the excuse of playing at Birmingham on deadline day as one of the reasons.

Embarrassing.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Basically we argued that the 23:00 deadline is a hard deadline and if a club asks for an extension then we have until 23:15. We argued that 23:15 is not a hard deadline and should have leniency. The reason we argued this is because the 23:15 deadline is only stated in the guidance section of the EFL rulebook and not in the regulations section. To add to this Silvester attended a meeting whereby this was explained prior.

We ended up submitting all relevant documents at 23:28 so 13 minutes past the extension. Any mention of relegation clauses were limited and seemingly hours before the deadline. 

We also argued we were disadvantaged because we had staff at the Birmingham game (Waggott), that we had less medical staff due to them being at the game (something which was in our control) and that the medical took place at the training ground whilst the club secretary was at the stadium (again within our control).

Overall there's no bloody wonder the appeal failed. It was based on naff all and certain staff members have shown their incompetence. 

Gotta say some of the comments in the document are damning - total lack of planning across the board. Big question - who is responsible - Waggott, Broughton, Club Secretary ? It could be seen as a series of unfortunate events - but to me it is a total lack of planning and leadership. Personally, IMO Waggott has to shoulder the ultimate responsibility - he is in overall control.

• Like 4