BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

2 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

A bit sadistic for a football match. Let's just hope we reach the semis.

I've always had a bad impression of Sheffield Utd when I saw a load of middle aged idiots throwing coins at people, including kids, at a cup match. They were all stuffed into the Nutall Street Stand and I think we ended up drawing with them.

I remember that, Donkey Deane and not much else.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, booth said:

I've always had a bad impression of Sheffield Utd when I saw a load of middle aged idiots throwing coins at people, including kids, at a cup match. They were all stuffed into the Nutall Street Stand and I think we ended up drawing with them.

I remember that, Donkey Deane and not much else.

I was in the middle of them after a buffoon of a mate bought two tickets outside assuming it was home fans when the guy said in his Yorkshire accent i have 2 for the enclosure.

I'm no shrinking violet but their behaviour that day was pathetic although i have to say it was the BBE who started the pelting with coins etc at the end.  I was young but everyone in that away enclosure seemed to be 40/50 fat shaven headed and drunk and only interested in trying to get into the home seats behind full of families kids and older fellas.

Disliked them ever since.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I was in the middle of them after a buffoon of a mate bought two tickets outside assuming it was home fans when the guy said in his Yorkshire accent i have 2 for the enclosure.

I'm no shrinking violet but their behaviour that day was pathetic although i have to say it was the BBE who started the pelting with coins etc at the end.  I was young but everyone in that away enclosure seemed to be 40/50 fat shaven headed and drunk and only interested in trying to get into the home seats behind full of families kids and older fellas.

Disliked them ever since.

I remember that and have never liked them since. Was Warnock their manager at the time or maybe Basset? I can’t remember the year. It’s an age thing. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

I remember that and have never liked them since. Was Warnock their manager at the time or maybe Basset? I can’t remember the year. It’s an age thing. 

Can't recall who their boss was then but as long as i can remember Sheff U teams have always had a direct and physical approach.

Suppose the boorish mentality is what they demand from the stands.

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Can't recall who their boss was then but as long as i can remember Sheff U teams have always had a direct and physical approach.

Suppose the boorish mentality is what they demand from the stands.

They looked like a load of Grannies at 80's wrestling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I don't remember the 80s at all, but I've still seen us live at four semi final games. I might even be forgetting one? I'm thinking the two Sheff Weds games, Arsenal at the Millenium Stadium and Chelsea at Old Trafford. I feel like there might have been another we reached.

We played united in the league Cup semi finals when we had Dwight Yorke playing for us

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, roverandout said:

We played united in the league Cup semi finals when we had Dwight Yorke playing for us

Ditto in 2006/07 I think? I recall a Pedersen worldie from the corner of the box at the DE.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

Just switched over from the Chelsea game for a minute as I usually make it a rule never to watch the Dingles. City are just unplayable on this form.

Haaland 42 goals (so far) and I don't think any have been from more than 18 yards. Guy is a penalty box phenom.

Edited by Tugayisgod