BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Mate, it's bigger than that...Bucko can't lace O'Briens boots....we missed out on a bona fide promotion standard midfielder.

Greggy Out

JDT Out

The feckin lot of them out.

Yet we are still above Preston despite having played one game less. Shouldn't they be getting the "lot of them out" first ?

• Like 1

what a disappointing performance today. 

I didn't like the starting line up cos I wouldn't have started Hedges or Morton today. Thomas and Garrett or Wharton should have played today. 

We never started the first half and it was poor performance from us. Only one piece of good play from us in the entire first half which our performance was slow tempo and no urgency to move the ball quickly and no movement again which when we perform like this we don't performed. Hedges and BBD coming deep and no one running in behind from wide areas. The goal come from them exposing the space JRC left when he moves into Midfield as JDT like him to play. Same with their second goal btw. No team press which was disappointing cos Gallagher and Szmodics went to press and the rest of the team didn't. 

So at half time I expect JDT to make at least one change if not 2 for me. We need Thomas on to run in behind and Someone to replace Morton who was very poor today, but no changes which surprised me. 

Second half, it was similar for large parts of the game until the subs came on apart from Szmodics who makes some good runs and work very hard. Our best player today for me. We got in some good areas but final ball was poor overall. We did have two chances off the line and we should have scored both to be honest but the overall performance wasn't good enough. Gallagher allowed the a good through ball to run across him instead of finishing it with right side foot effort or left foot effort. 

Brereton Diaz looked shattered after 10 mins and you have to asked why didn't he get sub at all. Hyam, JRC, Travis and Hedges had poor games. Carter and Pickering decent. Pears not at fault for either goal and his overall performance was good. 

I still believe that Rovers will make the playoffs and I won't write our playoffs hopes off. They will more twists and turns before end of the season. We need to win the next game and that is Huddersfield away. So I would like to see these changes, Britain for JRC, Wharton for Morton and Dolan for Hedges, I would have picked Thomas aswell but he is unavailable due his parent club. 

Well done to the over 16k Rovers fans who attend today game. 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what a disappointing performance today. 

I didn't like the starting line up cos I wouldn't have started Hedges or Morton today. Thomas and Garrett or Wharton should have played today. 

We never started the first half and it was poor performance from us. Only one piece of good play from us in the entire first half which our performance was slow tempo and no urgency to move the ball quickly and no movement again which when we perform like this we don't performed. Hedges and BBD coming deep and no one running in behind from wide areas. The goal come from them exposing the space JRC left when he moves into Midfield as JDT like him to play. Same with their second goal btw. No team press which was disappointing cos Gallagher and Szmodics went to press and the rest of the team didn't. 

So at half time I expect JDT to make at least one change if not 2 for me. We need Thomas on to run in behind and Someone to replace Morton who was very poor today, but no changes which surprised me. 

Second half, it was similar for large parts of the game until the subs came on apart from Szmodics who makes some good runs and work very hard. Our best player today for me. We got in some good areas but final ball was poor overall. We did have two chances off the line and we should have scored both to be honest but the overall performance wasn't good enough. Gallagher allowed the a good through ball to run across him instead of finishing it with right side foot effort or left foot effort. 

Brereton Diaz looked shattered after 10 mins and you have to asked why didn't he get sub at all. Hyam, JRC, Travis and Hedges had poor games. Carter and Pickering decent. Pears not at fault for either goal and his overall performance was good. 

I still believe that Rovers will make the playoffs and I won't write our playoffs hopes off. They will more twists and turns before end of the season. We need to win the next game and that is Huddersfield away. So I would like to see these changes, Britain for JRC, Wharton for Morton and Dolan for Hedges, I would have picked Thomas aswell but he is unavailable due his parent club. 

Well done to the over 16k Rovers fans who attend today game. 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

Would you start Gallagher then?!

A huge weakness of Tomasson is dealing with going a goal down. He cannot get us back in games.

• Like 1

Gallagher, again, doing his best fake attempt at getting on the end of a cross today. I think I posted similar last game, & the game before…basically the whole season he’s been doing it.

I will jump for joy when some poor buggers take him from us, for an over-priced fee….

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Let's just hope it stays like that....although our midfield is shit and I'm worried we are bottling it.

Awful midfield indeed,one of poorest in years.You dont succeed in football when the Engine Room of your side is piss poor.Nothing for our Strikers to feed off.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 5

we`ve gone back to playing  like we did before christmas,no intensity or shape,ffs we made norwich look great

i never want to see morton in a blue and white shirt again.he`s bobbins

tis a mystery why hedges(the most left footed player iv`e ever seen)is on the right,he has to check back every time he gets ahead of the full back

gallagher needs offloading,he has no sense of anticipation,for a centre forward that`s not a good weakness

• Like 5

A really worrying aspect of today was how poor Carter and Hyam were. Sargent is quite a bit smaller was regularly beating them both in the air. Their positional play was all over the place as was their tackling. The reluctance of both of them to carry the ball out of defence when Norwich were backing off was a real source of frustration for me.

• Like 5

We showed today what we really are - a mid table side with far too many players who can score 7+ out of 10 but then turn in a sub 4 performance. Name any player who scored more than 7 today. None! Maybe Travis came near but no-one else. Morton and Gallagher were awful

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we`ve gone back to playing  like we did before christmas,no intensity or shape,ffs we made norwich look great

i never want to see morton in a blue and white shirt again.he`s bobbins

tis a mystery why hedges(the most left footed player iv`e ever seen)is on the right,he has to check back every time he gets ahead of the full back

gallagher needs offloading,he has no sense of anticipation,for a centre forward that`s not a good weakness

Thomas & Dolan should have been starting for me, instead of Hedges & Donkey…We missed their press & pace.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
54 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So this is the thing - IF JDT is here next season (and it's a big if, because I reckon he wants to leave - getting bloody boo'd by the Blackburn End at both half and full time, for example) I reckon we'll have a massive clear out of players. 

I don’t boo myself, but Christ, how else are they meant to know how dreadful they were today? It was an embarrassing performance devoid of fight, passion, spirit and forward passes. Not exactly going to yield cheers from all sides of the ground, is it?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Thomas & Dolan should have been starting for me, instead of Hedges & Donkey…We missed their press & pace.

If Dolan, Thomas and A.Wharton had started today, I'm positive we don't lose this match.

• Like 7

Is anyone really surprised? Who here can legitimately tell me the last time you watch Rovers be faced with a real big season defining moment and this team managing to fight to a victory?

• Like 7

For me, the most disappointing thing of all is how predictable this was. Every single negative can be tracked all the way through the season with very little change.

1. Gallagher tries his best but just doesn't have much footballing ability. He isn't up to standard but it is always picked as our 'goal-getter' striker.

2. Morton goes missing in many, many games. This hasn't changed all season. He'll be gone long before he improves.

3. Diaz has been pretty average and plays too far back on the left. No sign of him improving before he leaves.

4. Substitutions made too late even though the requirement is obvious to all. When did we last make a much needed change of tactics at half-time or before?

Without solving these issues, how can we possibly do better?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Is anyone really surprised? Who here can legitimately tell me the last time you watch Rovers be faced with a real big season defining moment and this team managing to fight to a victory?

I honestly think if the team selection was different, we’d of given them a game. They weren’t even that good.
As result, this is all on the manager - He’s had a mare today. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

The Sheff Utd home game at the start of last month felt like one at the time. But our form has been so poor since then that it definitely can't be classed as season defining now.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I don’t boo myself, but Christ, how else are they meant to know how dreadful they were today? It was an embarrassing performance devoid of fight, passion, spirit and forward passes. Not exactly going to yield cheers from all sides of the ground, is it?

Abject silence.

I don't think we were dreadful today, we're just about 3 quality players short. 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So this is the thing - IF JDT is here next season (and it's a big if, because I reckon he wants to leave - getting bloody boo'd by the Blackburn End at both half and full time, for example) I reckon we'll have a massive clear out of players. 

jdt might possibly leave if he does`nt get the funds for the 3/4 players he needs,i don`t think he`ll hang around like mowbray,if he does get the players he wants then he`ll see the job through,im`e writing the season off,be nice if we did get in the playoffs but not gutwrenching if we don`t

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I honestly think if the team selection was different, we’d of given them a game. They weren’t even that good.
As result, this is all on the manager - He’s had a mare today. 

As much as I don’t think JDT is the bees knees, I watched today thinking “if only Broughton had got O’Brien and a striker in the door in January”

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 8

Chickens coming home to roost on recruitment. January was unforgivable. I had hoped that JDT might work miracles and keep us going with the bare bones but that is asking a hell of a lot especially with Buckley and Dack out.

I find myself sat around people shouting for changes, either to the starting line up or during the game. I ask myself who on earth these changes are that people think are going to do better than the players we have out there. Look at the bench today and ask yourselves whether that is a bench you want to be calling on when in need of 2 goals at home against a decent side. 

JDT isn't responsible for that. He should, at the very latest of January, have been backed with 2-3 new quality signings to add the depth and options we so obviously needed. The negligence of the owners or the charlatans they continue to employ meant that we didn't get that done. Now we pay the price.

The options, when desperate for a couple of goals, are to pick from Dolan, Thomas and Adam Wharton. No disrespect to any of them lads who between them have done very well at times this season but it is laughable for a side sat in the top 6 aiming for the PL.

In years gone by Mowbray would have had a sulk about it for a few weeks then repeat the whole process again in the summer. I very much doubt JDT will have the same tolerance for being made a fool of. 

• Like 6